Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,075 members, 7,949,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge (5921 Views)

Bus Catches Fire On Niger Bridge / Man Came Down From His Car And Started Dancing, After He Got Tired Of Traffic / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by ubikings: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Okowa hails FRSC for flow of traffic on Niger bridge

….as FRSC Boss Oyeyemi joins to control traffic

Delta State Governor, Sen. Dr Ifeanyi Okowa with FRSC Boboye Oyeyemi

Delta State Governor, Sen. Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has said Nigeria will be better if people in position of authority work passionately for the growth of the nation.

Governor Okowa made the observation in Asaba when the Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Mr Boboye Oyeyemi paid him a courtesy visit.

Oyeyemi went on the visit after personally supervising traffic control on the Niger Bridge to ensure free flow.

Okowa who commended the action of the governor said that it was an example for all those in position of authority to work with zzeal for the growth of the nation.

“I wish and hope Nigerians that are given high offices are able to work with so much zeal, because I believe that if individuals in positions are able to work passionately for our nation, Nigeria will definitely be able to achieve success,” he said.

Governor Okowa emphasised that Nigerians holding positions of authority should live exemplary lives by carrying out their duties with passion.

He commended the proactive measures taken by the FRSC to reduce traffic gridlock at the Niger bridge.

“I must appreciate FRSC for the zeal for us to have free flow of traffic this Christmas season because, we have had situations in the past when people had to sleep at the bridge head.”

“I want to appreciate your men for the level of traffic management,” the governor told the Corps Marshal, observing that the one lane entrance to the bridge was bound to course traffic challenges as roads leading to the bridge from both sides are dual carriage ways.

Mr Oyeyemi had told the governor that he was on visit to special areas of the country that witness heavy traffic during the Yuletide to ensure that appropriate measures were put in place for free flow of traffic.

He commended Governor Okowa for his interest in the affairs of FRSC which had led to the provision of facilities and the enabling environment for the FRSC to carry out their functions, assuring that FRSC officials have been positioned to ensure free flow of traffic on Niger Bridge this yuletide season.

Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by WhoRUDeceiving: 2:56am On Dec 23, 2018
Just look at that picture. What a Nigger people, what a Nigger mindset....

Jokers

1 Like

Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by swhite2ch: 5:06am On Dec 23, 2018
Lala
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by kikiwendy(f): 5:12am On Dec 23, 2018
I have nothing to say now
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by Gten(m): 5:13am On Dec 23, 2018
I have never liked FRSC because of their overzealous and aggressive officers, but, after the effort and sacrifice I saw them put on the Abuja - Lokoja expressway yesterday, I must use this medium to thank them for their service.

11 Likes

Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by nams77: 5:47am On Dec 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by Heromaniaa: 5:52am On Dec 23, 2018
I spent two hours on Niger bridge yesterday. Every where was blocked. What is he thanking them for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by hardbody: 5:55am On Dec 23, 2018
Gten:
I have never liked FRSC because of their overzealous and aggressive officers, but, after the effort and sacrifice I saw them put on the Abuja - Lokoja expressway yesterday, I must use this medium to thank them for their service.

Last week Friday i spent more than an hour driving across that bridge and those guys were in the middle of the bridge pretending to be serious. Mofos
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by tete7000(m): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2018
Heromaniaa:
I spent two hours on Niger bridge yesterday. Every where was blocked. What is he thanking them for?

Without them, you might have slept there. I was there on Friday saw all the chaos despite their tremendous efforts. They worked hard, give it to them. The need for the second bridge is highlighted again after all the delay people experienced on that bridge this festive season.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by netsurfer01(m): 6:04am On Dec 23, 2018
FRSC or no FRSC, all we need is a wider and more effective 2nd Niger bridge angry
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by BuhariDcow: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2018
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 23, 2018
And 2nd Niger Bridge is a political tool against the Easterners and SS.
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by fredylee: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2018
Governor Okowa would also do well to hoist an overhead bridge or 2, into Asaba from the express just like Amosun did across Ijebu Ode. Currently there is too much confusion trying to drive into Asaba from all entry points.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by innocential3032(m): 9:23am On Dec 23, 2018
to bite this man now just dey hungry me
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by LegalOpinion: 9:58am On Dec 23, 2018
Imagine senior FRSC officials flying their uniform. How then can we expect the junior officers to dress properly?
Re: Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge by MztaIkp(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2018
LegalOpinion:
Imagine senior FRSC officials flying their uniform. How then can we expect the junior officers to dress properly?

They are flying it because that's the dress code.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? / Help I Want To Travel Abroad. / DANA Air-should Entire Fleet Be Grounded Pending Preliminary Investigation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.