Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,570 members, 7,921,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Re: Hijab - Missionary Schools Handed Over To Government: An Error - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Re: Hijab - Missionary Schools Handed Over To Government: An Error (359 Views)

Plateau Hands Over 32 Missionary Schools To Original Owners “let Us Always Remem / High School Fees In Missionary Schools In Nigeria / The Missionary Schools And The Poor-pope Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Hijab - Missionary Schools Handed Over To Government: An Error by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 23, 2018
The relentless determination by some Islamic Zealots to turn Christian missionary schools to hijab wearing schools is the reason for this write up.

Those missionary schools were never free. Education is costly. Christians in Europe, Canada, America and other parts of the world paid to school most of these fanatics that have turned to bite the fingers that once fed them.

The objective of those foreign churches for founding and running those schools was not "Charity". It was to promote the gospel. When the objective was considerably fulfilled, the sponsorship stopped. It was a phase which was good for the time but absolutely not sustainable forever. Those who know how sustainable generational legacies run would understand. Bill gates gives scholarships but does he also give his software free because he is already too rich? He will soon become poor, and unable to further give scholarships.

Has Christians including Nigerian Churches stopped building free schools and hospitals? No! Such has only been moved to areas where they are much more needed in spreading the gospel. I know some which by God's grace I'm part of both in Nigeria and other countries.

The Nigerian Church then was very poor. Some could not even pay the salaries of their Pastors. Up till now some still struggle to pay their Pastors though poorly paid. As poor as Church rat should be a familiar byword.

The above was the reason why the Churches handed over the schools to the Nigerian government. The agreement should have been "I own the school, you run it for me, but with my objective intact". Isn't that how visioneers run organisations? But the poor has no such power to bargain. To the then Church it was a relief.

Now we are faced with a Hijab battle in a St Peter, St Patrick and St John School. Christianity was propagated through mutually beneficial programs like education, hospitals, etc. But people who built nothing, who instituted nothing to benefit any Nigerian other than terror and bloodshed are here terrorizing others in institutions where they contributed nothing at least EXCLUSIVELY.

To say it is tax payers money is not sufficient to justify that. The Christians that built it didn't stop paying tax as well. So Christians should have a higher stake in what they built and are still paying tax upon. And the most annoying thing, most of these Churches who could not stand and watch their legacies dilapidate are still investing in those schools due to infrastructural neglect by the government. Some of these Churches still pay Teachers for subjects lacking. No one is concerned that the standard of education in Nigeria keeps declining since the government took over those missionary schools.

And show me any institutions built for propagating Islam in Nigeria that is beneficial to both Christians, pagans etc. If there is, show me how Christians benefiting there have a say not to talk of agitating for anything.

I believe Churches now have learnt enough from the past error.
No matter the insult, Churches must establish institutions that are self-sustaining. Scholarships can be given from generous donations. If not, they will become islamized against the purpose they were built as we see today when handed over to the government.

For many undiscerning Christians who doesn't know the reason for the contemporary rage against financially bouyant Churches, here you have one. If the Church is not weak, it won't be so vulnerable. They want you to build your universities, Colleges, hospitals and run it free, then hand it over to them to Islamize when you can no longer sustain it. Never again!

Muslims should learn to propagate their religion selflessly by investing in building schools and other humanitarian institutions where they can establish Islamic virtues. They should run it for free with donations from their foreign and local sponsors and let's see how long they can sustain that before handing it over to the government. After then, Churches can begin asking for their rights in a St Mohammed school or whatever, so we can compare the reactions.

This is not the time for the Church to keep silent. The way it's going, it will soon become law. Nobody is saying you should not wear hijab. Wear it in schools built by you either run privately or handed over to Nigerian government.

Those who think hijab issue is intolerance should ponder and ask why other religions in Islamic nations have no right but Muslims agitate the most in Christian liberal Nations.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Hijab - Missionary Schools Handed Over To Government: An Error by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Some hard truths up there! If it's the other way round, nobody can try that with them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

School News. Latest School Blog / Jamb Form 2019/2020- How To Register On Your Phone / University Educational Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.