Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,925 members, 7,931,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 06:54 PM

Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) (343 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" / Difference Between Christmas And Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) by johnmba: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2018
The issue of christmas has been trending for days now as celebrating a pegan god.

If truely december 25 was birthday of pegan god, the celebration of christmas has changed that. Nobody celebrates that again. Even in rome where the pegan god was worshipped, they dont celebrate the god again.

Again new yam festival in the east of Nigeria is gradually being replaced with christain practice. Before people took their produce to the shrine for blessing and thanksgiving but today we take our produce to church.

Gradually the pegan practices are giving way. in the years to come people will argue that new yam festival is a pegan event even after we have abandoned the pagan way

This is victory of light over darkness.
Re: Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) by PlayerMeji: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2018
Dont pay attention to all these distractors whose sole purpose is to discredit Christianity in spite of the fact that they know they are not asking the right questions.

If I used to go to a particular popular shrine for rituals and after some time someone decides to change the shrine to a mosque simply because the shrine is popular and people already know the location and it will take a long time to finally relocate to another place and get people to accliamatize the new place. Lets say years after people have begun worshipping Allah in the ex-shrine now transformed to mosque, someone now researches online about the history of the location and finds out that the mosque was formerly used to worship idols and begins to create an uproar about it; while forgetting to ask about the reason in the first place.

That's the situation we have in our hands with these Christmas distractors.. They fail to ask why.

1 Like

Re: Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) by johnmba: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2018
PlayerMeji:
Dont pay attention to all these distractors whose sole purpose is to discredit Christianity in spite of the fact that they know they are not asking the right questions.

If I used to go to a particular popular shrine for rituals and after some time someone decides to change the shrine to a mosque simply because the shrine is popular and people already know the location and it will take a long time to finally relocate to another place and get people to accliamatize the new place. Lets say years after people have begun worshipping Allah in the ex-shrine now transformed to mosque, someone now researches online about the history of the location and finds out that the mosque was formerly used to worship idols and begins to create an uproar about it; while forgetting to ask about the reason in the first place.

That's the situation we have in our hands with these Christmas distractors.. They fail to ask why.

Exactly

Cc lalastic
Seun
Myd44
Re: Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) by Trueigbo: 11:17am On Dec 23, 2018
I beg to disagree. Will comment later
Re: Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) by Betakeshi: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2018
grin
Re: Christians Changed Pegan Days(christmas and new yam) by johnmba: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Trueigbo:
I beg to disagree. Will comment later

Still waiting for u

(1) (Reply)

Why God Created Woman. (true Reason) / New Year Eve At Christian Embassy / Video Of 6-y-o Boy Who Told Congregation "I'm Tired Of This Church" Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.