Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,659 members, 7,892,666 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin (9667 Views)

What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by Rhino3dm: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2010
So na benin of all places jesus go choos to appear. Hmm. Armed roobbers and pros.titute don become saints. na waoooooooo
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by onezirozan: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
Meanwhile, the miraculous appearance of Jesus Christ in Benin City yesterday have been described as a good Omen and an indication that better things are coming to Edo State.
The Director, Edo State Poverty Alleviation Agency, Chief (Mrs.) Evelyn Igbafe who stated this is a chat with The NIGERIAN OBSERVER in Benin City yesterday, remarked that the appearance of Jesus Christ in the state was an affirmation that the present governor of the state, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole was God -sent.
Chief Igbafe pointed out that she was convinced that God Almighty has seen the good work Governor Oshiomole is doing in the state, adding, that this must have informed the miraculous appearance of Jesus Christ in the state capital.
The state Director of Poverty Alleviation Agency who said she personally went to St. Paul, Catholic Church along Airport Road in Benin City to see things for herself, remarked that she was amazed stressing that “it was a miracle.”
Chief Igbafe noted that she was marveled that Jesus Christ appeared along Airport Road where the governor was carrying out solid road construction project.
In her words, “the most wonderful part of it is that he appeared along Airport Road where the governor is constructing a very solid road with drainages.”
She noted that Oshiomhole is God sent to the state.

http://nigerianobservernews.com/06082010/news/news1.html

Using even a religious occurence to score a political point. Nigerians!!!!!
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by jcross19: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2010
they are fackes even catholics claimed to saw marry crying with tears of blood in nigeria now is jesus appear in catholic after all the doom they are committed to humanity bunch of lies
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by vescucci(m): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2010
How can you say you saw someone when you don't even know what he looks like? Because Renaissance artists decided he had long hair and a small beard makes him so?
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

So na benin of all places jesus go choos to appear. Hmm. Armed roobbers and pros.titute don become saints. na waoooooooo

1. Prostitues
2. Arm Robbers
3. Kidnappers
4. Cultism
5. Police Harrassment

All of this in benin
grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2010
vescucci:

How can you say you saw someone when you don't even know what he looks like? Because Renaissance artists decided he had long hair and a small beard makes him so?

Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2010
onezirozan:

Using even a religious occurence to score a political point. Nigerians!!!!!

I tire oooo
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by BillyHobe: 5:08am On Aug 08, 2010
It's a lie! He will be seen like the sun that comes up in the east and sets in the west, so shall the coming of the son of man be! all other stories like the one that says he will be in the temple in Jerusalem is false and so are all false prophets that teach such lies!
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by rhymz(m): 5:33am On Aug 08, 2010
Like seriously, people can be very funny the way they rush to believe things without reasoning.
First, do you know what Jesus looks like? Is he white, black, Yellow or Asian? The so-called apparition ve been an illusion or project image of a reflection. . .na wa O. .
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by Czarskit(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2010
It's real. Saw it myself.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
Czarskit:

Gbam. . . . . .
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by marcus1234: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by nopuqeater: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2010
@Aletheia, Samogconsu, Precap2, Toba, Yefet, etc and all christians: « #27 on: August 06, 2010, 02:09 PM »
what the scripture made me to understand is [/b]that Jesus will not come the earth until His second coming for the rapture of the saints. [b]Jesus is not like sort of image or ghost, He is more real even than you are.
Shalom
Though Jesus said he will be back while some of his companions and audience were still alive. It didn't happen. But if Jesus was real more than you are, and not like sort of image or ghost, wouldn't the "ANOTHER COMFORTER" be real more than you are and not like sort of image or ghost, too? After all the another shall be alike of the former. No?
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by otokx(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2010
poverty is bad
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by BillyHobe: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2010
Czarskit (m)
With Eva Mendes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you repent and change your direction right now! you are going to say It's a good thing to take the chip in your body to identify everyone, yet if God is as all powerful as you say, and he is greater than that also! We need no identification because as the bible declares Gods angles can tell the intent of a man just by looking on his soul. You already claim to see Jesus, you lie! it is not him.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by elampiro(m): 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2010
The Catholic church has history of apparitions of Jesus and Mary right from the early years, even before any Pentencostal or protestants came to be. Seers all over all ages have decribed or painted pictures of Jesus and Mary so that all of them have always look alike. Knowing how Jesus and Mary looks should not be an issue for a true Catholic.

The apparition of Jesus in St Paul Catholic church Benin (where I have been worshiping for years) is real. There is no question as to if Jesus appeared in Blessed Sacrament. No one who saw can make any dispute as to the authenticity of the apparition. The Catholic church as we know does not encourage or advistise miracles, instead it encourages her faithful to embrace salvation. However, as they say, light cannot be hidden. This is why people who came from far and wide after one, two three days of the apparition were still able to see when the apparition repeated Thursday and Friday last week.

The Catholic church believes that when consecrated, the bread and wine changes to the body and blood of Christ- this is the Holy Communion shared to the faithful who are in state of grace. Now we have a situation where Jesus has manifest Himself via the Blessed Sacrament i.e. the diplayed communion if am to use a lay man's language. To the Catholic, it is confitmation of Jesus presence in the consecrated bread and wine. Jesus said in the gospel of John that ''unless you eat My body and drink My blood you will not have life in you''.  Jesus also said ''He who eats My body and drink My blood will have everlasting life'' . In the last supper, Jesus blessed the bread and wine and said '' take it and eat for it is my body and blood'' and commanded His appostles to continue in memory of Him.

The blessed sacrament has always been there, it is displayed in all catholic churches world all over. The faithful go there to pray and people dont raise alarm. This time a few people saw, they raised alarm, then the crowd from far and wide gathered, the apparition repeated again and again for all to see. Now, not just catholic or a few people saw, but all present in each of the apparition. This is why this apparition is special.

This is not Jesus' second coming, it is just a sign and blessing to christians, to streghten and reconfirm our faith. I am not in position to speak on this but I heard it has already gotten attention of Vatican.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by ikechukz(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
u guys actually believe this.i think it might be an evil spirit because there is no way Jesus will appear and pose to be watched or even photographed.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

So how many people swallowed the Red Pill grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by icare1: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2010
HOW DID THEY KNOW IT IS JESUS CHRIST.HMMM SO IF JESUS APPEARED WHAT DID HE TELL THEM SURE JESUS CAN NOT APPEAR TO A MAN WITHOUT A MESSAGE FROM THE FATHER. HE DOES NOTHING FOR FAME , ENTERTAINMENT OR FOR JUST THE SAKE OF IT.

BEWARE OF DECEPTION .THAT IT IS A CHURCH DOES NOT MEAN IT IS OF GOD.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
"Baruch haba b'shem Adonai"

. . . Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord. . .
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by BillyHobe: 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2010
elampiro (m) The Catholic church believes that when consecrated, the bread and wine changes to the body and blood of Christ- this is the Holy Communion shared to the faithful who are in state of grace. Now we have a situation where Jesus has manifest Himself via the Blessed Sacrament i.e. the diplayed communion if am to use a lay man's language. To the Catholic, it is confitmation of Jesus presence in the consecrated bread and wine. Jesus said in the gospel of John that ''unless you eat My body and drink My blood you will not have life in you''. Jesus also said ''He who eats My body and drink My blood will have everlasting life'' . In the last supper, Jesus blessed the bread and wine and said '' take it and eat for it is my body and blood'' and commanded His appostles to continue in memory of Him.

The blessed sacrament has always been there, it is displayed in all catholic churches world all over.
The Pope has made a mockery of Gods Sacraments. God said take no engraved image into worship unto God! Drink only the new wine in the Sacraments brake unleavened bread without measure and eat for without measure is given. take no leven in worship unto me, teach these things to your children for all generations were so ever you go, even in the promise land! So
(a) remove the new wine for old with leven in it!
(b) replaced the unleavened bread for engraved image wafer
(c) no more breaking of the bread, pre measured wafers!

Jesus said call no man father for their is but one father your father which is in heaven. but the Catholic priest's teach their followers to sin!
All taking to the tile denying God. warn them to repent! your soul depends on it!
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by elampiro(m): 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
Billy Hobe, you need to update your self with the gospel- Mathew, Mark, Luke & John. Stop dwelling in the old testament. My write up is comprehensive enough with scriptural back up. You may also stop calling your dad 'father' since it is a title given to God. You may also not call the judge at the law court my lord. You really have made no logical point.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by BillyHobe: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2010
elampiro (m)
where is rapture in the Bible
Your right I need to sharpen up on my New Tesyement
where is rapture in the Bible
I cant find it!Show me scripture back up,

elampiro thanks for the advise
heres some Gosple
(Matthew Mark Luke for you!

Matthew 24:23 "Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark 13:21 "And then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ'; or, 'Behold, He is there'; do not believe him;
Luke 21:8 And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2010
@chelseabmw
Theres nothing in that Pic. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by aletheia(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2010
Billy Hobe:

It's a lie! He will be seen like the sun that comes up in the east and sets in the west, so shall the coming of the son of man be! all other stories like the one that says he will be in the temple in Jerusalem is false and so are all false prophets that teach such lies!
^^^Only sensible post of the lot. Goes to confirm what the Roman Catholic Church is: an instrument of the devil to lead millions to Hell.
The scriptures are clear and all true disciples of Jesus will do well to heed them:
Jesus Himself said:
Matt 24:23-27. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

He ain't going to contradict Himself!
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by aletheia(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Aletheia, Samogconsu, Precap2, Toba, Yefet, etc and all christians: « #27 on: August 06, 2010, 02:09 PM »Though Jesus said he will be back while some of his companions and audience were still alive. It didn't happen. But if Jesus was real more than you are, and not like sort of image or ghost, wouldn't the "ANOTHER COMFORTER" be real more than you are and not like sort of image or ghost, too? After all the another shall be alike of the former. No?
^Why address me on this thread, when I hadn't posted here or signified any interest in the topic? grin
#1. I don't believe in apparitions or popular mass delusions or mass hysteria.
#2. I don't believe the Roman Catholic Church is a Christian Church. It only claims to be so. Do you accept the Baha'i as Muslims?
#3. See my initial post on this thread.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by Iyineda(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2010
Czarskit:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

XDD

I dey ground. Seriously. What, we should take your word for it? Oh wow. cheesy

[size=4pt]Big LOL at the "it" btw.[/size]
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by elampiro(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
Billy Hobe, I did not quote any verse on rapture for you. I did not mention rapture in my write up.

As I said earlier, this apparition is not the second coming of Jesus. This is not the way Jesus will come. However, Jesus promised to be with His church till the end of time. That's why He mostly manifest as a sign of confirmation of Christian belief. Apparition of Jesus is traced back to early Christianity, if the heavenly intervention of conversion of Paul had happened today, people would attribute it to the devil.

The bible said there shall arise false prophets and false Christs. The bible is referring to physical human beings who will come towards end time to deceive people as we have it today in multiplicity of Churches, Synagogues, etc with ordinary men claiming to be prophets, miracle workers, etc, etc even though their source of power is from the devil. All sort of worship centres that have contradictory teaches and milking people of hard earn money. The passage in Mathew and Luke gospel that mentioned false prophets have nothing to do with images or signs of confirmation. It purely referred to human beings who will come and claim powers of Miracles.

If you want to know genuine teaches, listen to the messages preached by the pastors, priests, bishops, apostles or whatever the title is. Those who preach money, prosperity, miracles, powers are clearly in error. Those who preach repentance from sins- fornication, adultery, corruption, etc and also focus on salvation, making sacrifice for humanity are clearly on the narrow path. In book of Mathew,Jesus said ' Do not store up your treasure on earth where thieves can break in to steal,instead store spiritual wealth in heaven. For where your treasure is there also your heart will be'. 'You cannot worship God and money'. He told the rich young man to go and sell all his property and give the money to the poor (not pastors) then come and follow him, It will be easier for the head of a Camel to pass through head of a niddle than for a rich man to enter heaven. So why do people now think that those preaching prosperity are the true Christians? Please discern. So the Catholic church that existed 1500+ before any other Church is now the one in error. People MUST think.

Finally, the Catholic church teaches have been there right from the apostles. The tradition has been passed down via successors of Popes beginning from Peter the Rock whom Jesus built His church. The teaches of Catholic church has been there for over 2000 years. Why does the churches of yesterday now think they know better and pronouncing judgement on the Catholic church. Lord have mercy!

The word of God is a two headed sword, it takes some people close to God and others very far from God. Because of this apparition, thousands of people have repented and confessed their sins. Let those who want to believe believe, and those in doubt continue to doubt.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by BillyHobe: 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2010
elampiro (m)

Have you ever heard:
Jesus Promises to send, the Holy Spirit
If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

(not an aberration) but the Holy Sririt that lives in you!
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by samogconsu(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Aletheia, Samogconsu, Precap2, Toba, Yefet, etc and all christians: « #27 on: August 06, 2010, 02:09 PM »Though Jesus said he will be back while some of his companions and audience were still alive. It didn't happen. But if Jesus was real more than you are, and not like sort of image or ghost, wouldn't the "ANOTHER COMFORTER" be real more than you are and not like sort of image or ghost, too? After all the another shall be alike of the former. No?

@nopuqeater,
the Holy Spirit is equally real than you as Kathrin kurlman used to say.
1. The scripture address him as HE.
2. He has will, passion, feeling as a real being.
3. He can be vexed like a real being.
4. He is one of the Holy trinity.

any question you can call 07037127360 or email realman2k6"yahoo.co.uk
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by richjohn1(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2010
It will take almost a thousand years for africans to grow out of ignorance/delusion. Its a pathethic situation.
Re: Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin by joshelen(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2010
Belshazzar in Dan 5 saw an hand writing on the wall and when he cared to find out, God was passing a rebuke or even a judgement. this people shud find out the reason for this appearance, God is not a magician, May be there are things to make right, atrocities to turn away from, deceit to stop etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles 2012 Anointing Service / IAmSabrina : Please Check This Out / The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.