Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:35 AM

Xmas And The Church Of Satan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Xmas And The Church Of Satan (237 Views)

Church Of Satan Finally Opened In Columbia: As They Worship Satan. ( See Photos) / Church Of Satan And One Of Nigeria's Lazy Youth / 10 Different Types Of Women You Will Likely Meet This Xmas At Your Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xmas And The Church Of Satan by davidinchrist(m): 7:28am On Dec 24, 2018
Xmas And The Church of Satan
John Wait - A Satanist, ordained pastor and regional manager of a UK-based Church of Rational Satanism, in a discussion about XMAS! Read what he had to say:

PRESENTER - OK. I'm going to assume Christmas – the celebration of the birth of the son of God – probably isn't one of your favourite festivals right?
JOHN - Well I can't speak for everyone in the Church, but speaking personally and from the people I know and have talked to, NONE of us actually have a problem with Christmas; we recognise it's not a Satanist festival but WE DON'T have anything against it.

PRESENTER: So the celebration of the birth of Christ, that's fine with you?
JOHN: Well realistically, Christmas is about as Christian as my big toe. Even though it's ostensibly (means seemingly) about the birth of Jesus, most of the traditions are actually nicked (means stolen/taken/tapped) from pagan festivals far predating the birth of Jesus. So, unless you're going to Church or going carolling, I don't think there's much very Christian about it. Like, even the Christmas tree is A PAGAN THING, if you actually look in the Bible it says you're not allowed to decorate a christmas tree (where is this in the Bible, perhaps he meant some sort of rituals in the old testament), so IT'S NOT VERY CHRISTIAN AT ALL.

PRESENTER:
So will you be celebrating Christmas this year?
JOHN: YEAH, I mean it's not a Satanist festival, but I recognise it as an important time to be together with the family and we do it because it's nice for the kids... (To read the full article; click the link down below).
Luke 16:15 KJV
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is ABOMINATION in the sight of God.
2 Corinthians 6:17 KJV
Wherefore COME OUT from among them, and be ye SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the UNCLEAN thing ; and I will receive you...
May Jesus Give You Light.

Full article here:
https://www.vice.com/amp/en_asia/article/7bdq34/we-asked-a-satanist-what-theyre-doing-for-christmas

(1) (Reply)

Celebrate! Rihanna Says She’s Dropping New Music…soon / Akeredolu Lauded As BEDC Restores Power To Ondo South After 7-year Of Blackout: / Rubber Suction And Discharge Hose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.