Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,580 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Did For Money This Year? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Did For Money This Year? (434 Views)

Review Needed For AI Generated Image I Did For A Client / What's The Most Embarrassing Thing You Have Done In Your Work Life? / What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Did For Money This Year? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 24, 2018
Towards the end of the second quarter of 2018, I was so broke, I couldn't think straight. I had submitted applications and like many job seekers out there, nothing was coming through.

I write, but to be honest, I'm not consistent. I saw an ad on Nairaland asking for content writers. I connected and started writing interesting articles for food blogs, travel blogs and whatnot.i was writing some articles for as much as 2000 and as little as 500 but they weren't few and far between. It was work overload. The contract ended and I was back to square one. I saw another ad for writers. I sent an email and it turns out they need fiction writers. The crazy part is, it's not fiction like Harry Potter or The Maze runner. They wanted fake news with stories that touch. You know all those 'I slept with my married colleague and this happened' or 'Why I abandoned my bride at the altar' stories? That's exactly what they wanted. The blog (name withheld) is being run by husband and wife. Articles were 100 each. Because I was thinking not with my head or my other head but with my stomach, in two days I had cooked up 8 stories and I was exhausted. I really needed the money. Turns out, their initial payment is 1000. I was furious. I scribbled down some more and got paid. Next I was told was that my next payment would be 5k, that is, after 50 stories. I told them to go screw themselves before I remembered they're husband and wife and they probably do that a lot. grin

Now that I look at my year in retrospect, that's the worst thing I've done for money all year (in my life, sef!). What about you?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Did For Money This Year? by MetroBaba1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
Not making enough money.

2016 changed me.
2017 broke me.
2018 opened my eyes.

I'm coming back

Me vs Money

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment At Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited / Housessories Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Junior Associate At Mckinsey & Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.