Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 (2411 Views)

The politics of a Vice Presidential candidate / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC / 2015: Apc Should Field A Christian Presidential Cadidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by Onlytruth(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
chyz:

I agree. I think alot of african countries are in need of one. However, i think african countries are in need of a female president that carries core african values and afrocentric. We do not need women like those in the united states who are solely bent on being higher than men and vengeance against them. No feminist like Hilary Clinton. African women are the best in the world if kept away from from evil ways of western women ideology.

We just need a good and capable leader irrespective of sex.
Women are women, trust me on that, especially where politics is concerned. There have been very successful women presidents in the world, and Nigeria would not be the first.

Our women know their stuff, at least the Ngozi Iwealas of this world does.
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by Onlytruth(m): 5:30am On Aug 07, 2010
[size=14pt]Opposition Will Win in 2011 - Tinubu[/size]

Former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu said yesterday that the Action Congress is working towards ensuring that the opposition takes over power at the centre from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party in the 2011 election.
Speaking to journalists yesterday at the Presidential Lounge of Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos, Tinubu condemned those calling on President Goodluck Jonathan to contest in 2011.
“That is their problem. We will not allow this country to become a one party state. That is the problem. I don’t want to talk about Jonathan running or sitting down. That is the problem of the Peoples Democratic Party, ” Tinubu said.
Tinubu, who described the ruling party as “Poverty Development Party” which has not done Nigeria any good, and which has drifted completely from government activities.
“It is all about zoning and running. They have personalized Nigeria,” he said of the PDP.
“We are looking at a country that is stable and progressing and we want to work hard as the opposition party to wrest power from this Poverty Development Party that has not done any Nigerian any good.”

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=180124
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2010
@ Onlytruth

Why do keep belaboring on the fact that an Igbo president must learn how to speak Yoruba and Hausa. How many of these none Igbo candidates could speak Igbo. When did that become a criteria for garnering votes from other regions. I still maintain that people like Pat Utomi, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Chukwuma Soludo should be a the forefront of these. Personally i think i'll go for Pat Utomi because he's Igbo and will also be voted for by the Nigerian elites.
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by seanet02: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2010
MaziUche0:

None of this can happen unless someone gets control of the military and send them to their barracks. I fear the Nigerian military more than anything else which is slanted to the North. A leader that is too progressive will end up being ousted. or MAY NOT BE SWORN IN EVEN IF HE WINS AS IN AWOLOWO AND ABIOLA
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by Onlytruth(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
afam4eva:

@ Onlytruth

[b]Why do keep belaboring on the fact that an Igbo president must learn how to speak Yoruba and Hausa. How many of these none Igbo candidates could speak Igbo. When did that become a criteria for garnering votes from other regions. [/b]I still maintain that people like Pat Utomi, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Chukwuma Soludo should be a the forefront of these. Personally i think i'll go for Pat Utomi because he's Igbo and will also be voted for by the Nigerian elites.

Thank you for that question, I expected it. cool

For you to understand this question, you need to go back in Nigeria's history to identify the most powerful political parties and politicians that came out of the east, and find out what they did at the federal level.
NCNC was led by Zik and won elections outside of the eastern region. NCNC even won in the west! NPP won in Kano and Plateau states. Zik could speak all three major languages.

No matter what people say these days, only a fool would believe that Nigeria is not a country controlled by these three tribes one way of another.

The aim is to have something that your opponents don't normally have, and therefore set yourself apart from the rest of the competition. That is the Igbo way. That is how we have always done it.

One of the most powerful lies and weapon ever deployed against us in Nigeria is this talk that tend to make us the same as other Nigerians. If that is true, how come NONE of the leading politicians in the north and west can speak fluent Igbo?

So my friend, you use what you have to get what you want.
I know for a fact that majority of northerners understand Hausa. All westerners understand Yoruba, and a super majority of easterners understand Igbo. In the south south areas of edo, you can speak english and get away with it. That is a fact.

So to recap, the reason is that we Igbos are gifted in ways that others are not, e.g mastering other peoples language. Why should we not deploy it to maximum benefit?

Israeli MOSSAD is a feared organization because they are the best in language abilities. They speak Arabic better than arabs. Just one example.

So let those competent Igbo materials like Ngozi Iweala, Charles Soludo, and Pat Utomi add language abilities to their cap and let me see who can stop them. cool
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by Onlytruth(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2010
I think that the coming "All Igbo political summit" should seriously consider the option of Igbo candidate next year.
With the way the north is so combative about winning next year, Jonathan may not win. At least, that way, we will keep reminding Nigerians that Ndigbo are still waiting to be full Nigerians, or we should start thinking of how to pull out of that country.

I'm happy that people like Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife are coalescing around this question: When will it be the turn of Ndigbo to produce the president of Nigeria? It has been 40 years since the civil war ended.

Both the north, and president Jonathan must answer this question before we decide who to support.
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by ikeyman00(m): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2010
Chukwuemeka Ezeife

wasnt this man a criminal shocked shocked shocked
Re: Igbo Should Field A Presidential Candidate In 2011 by excanny: 12:20am On Aug 15, 2010
I saw the ad today. I'm glad they are now thinking in that direction of having a think tank. I hope they put their thinking caps on, preferably non-red ones, and come up with brilliant futuristic political maneuvers for the region, adjudged to be the largest single ethnic group.

I've never heard of a place where the largest group is always defeated in elections except in this country.

Sounds all greek to me,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Facebook To Shut Down In March, Yuwie Takes Over And Pays You / Nigerian flashpoint city Jos: Army shoot-to-kill orders - BBC / 2015 - UNITY, FAITH, PEACE and PROGRESS. Top 4!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.