Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,038 members, 7,922,512 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:54 AM

Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account (42942 Views)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / Eye-witness Report Of The Lagos-ibadan Railway, Ifo Axis, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by 9jaRealist: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project: Videos of (1) track laying, (2) beam launching, and (3) ballast tampering.

https://v.qq.com/x/page/a080476kdsn.html

https://v.qq.com/x/page/r080458ictt.html

https://v.qq.com/x/page/l08041s5a1w.html
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by 9jaRealist: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
More pictures from the Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Champele(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
Bad belle people. Half bread is better than not. PMB is better than 16 wasted yrs
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by olajide8(m): 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Shell is in Abia and Imo state,
Also Geographically AkwaIbom is in the south east, so that guy is completely right.

The east is not exclusive to the Igbo.

Akwa-ibom is not part of the east- it is part of the south-south, you can't redesign the map of the south south to suit your argument, how would you then teach your children, what is right from wrong- it wouldn't surprise me now if you people would say river niger starts from the east - una no claim part of kogi or benue, because it has nothing to offer bah- whilst they speak your language well - we choose what suits us as against what is actually the truth

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
olajide8:

Akwa-ibom is not part of the east- it is part of the south-south, you can't redesign the map of the south south to suit your argument, how would you then teach your children, what is right from wrong- it wouldn't surprise me now if you people would say river niger starts from the east - una no claim part of kogi or benue, because it has nothing to offer bah- whilst they speak your language well - we choose what suits us as against what is actually the truth

It's ironic, how you guys claim South West, but don't want us to claim South East.
Maybe you need to understand the difference between geopolitical and geographical,
Don't you think it is funny that Bornu and Adamawa are classified as North East states, while CRS and Akwaibom are not South East, despite being parralel on the map, if there was ever to be a truly central South state, it will be, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta.

Once again emancipate your self from that fraud called Geopolitical zoning.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
Toseenlove:
One thing I seems not to understand about construction of drainages on nigeria roads Is why Is the drainages always so narrowly constructed. I mean u'll see a drainage which Is supposed to be constructed for Inter streets on Heavyduty Highways Smhh.

China is giving them what they paid forgrin (made in china)

Those drainages will silt over within two rainy seasons without maintenance. We will still pay the same Chinese to repair in a few years.

China office open for Nigeria be dat.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by SuperS1Panther: 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Please let's stop celebrating uncompleted projects, they're just for campaign purposes.

Youths are supposed to demand more from their leaders and not to arse like them and say yes to every nonsense they put before them because Nigeria is a graveyard for abandoned projects.

This things ain't new no more. And it's very obvious that Nigerians don't keep memories.

Story for the gods!!! Like you demanded from the greatest looter of our treasury the Drunk of a Fortunato from Otuoke

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Toseenlove: 12:57am On Dec 25, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

China is giving them what they paid forgrin (made in china)

Those drainages will silt over within two rainy seasons without maintenance. We will still pay the same Chinese to repair in a few years.

China office open for Nigeria be dat.

Lol very detailed.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by touchnutguys(m): 1:04am On Dec 25, 2018
(Must Read) Newly Admitted Student - KWARAPOLITE | https://www.ykworld.com.ng/2018/12/must-read-newly-admitted-student.html

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by abokikhalifa: 1:11am On Dec 25, 2018
aonag:
the only thing buhari sabi na train, cow and oil

Waiting PDP sabi ?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by t2luv1: 1:24am On Dec 25, 2018
millionaireman:
Nigeria, a country where money is derived from oil in the east, but spent in the west and the north.

Call me when you get rid of Edwin Clark then maybe we can talk.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by OLUWABIG(m): 1:38am On Dec 25, 2018
9jaRealist:
Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project: Videos of (1) track laying, (2) beam launching, and (3) ballast tampering.

https://v.qq.com/x/page/a080476kdsn.html

https://v.qq.com/x/page/r080458ictt.html

https://v.qq.com/x/page/l08041s5a1w.html

Abeg give us English links not Chinese
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by chinchum(m): 2:31am On Dec 25, 2018
BossOluwendy:
I read yesterday the account of Oga AutoreportNG about the on going work of the Lagos Ibadan railway track and promise to post pictures of the Ijoko-Agbado axis of the railway li ne ( I pass the route sometimes). As you can see in the pictures below, construction work is still going on and not near completion.
I interviewed some of the construction workers and they told me that though work is completed at Itori around Ifo, Ogun state , work is nowhere near completion around Ijoko to Agbado...all the way to Oshodi .
near completion actually will be based on total scope of work. In percentages , even though relative should mean in the neighbourhood of 90%. You can not determine if roughly 90% of work has been completed from just your axis ..... Lagos-ibadan should be roughly 150km of railway track....
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by biztip: 6:16am On Dec 25, 2018
many eyewitnesses for a one project hopeless government.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Darey00(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2018
In 1886, the first electric underground railway system was opened in London, England

We are here celebrating a routine railway track that will still be on narrow gauge (an outdated rail system)..
we are really behind in this country
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by sallyopy(f): 10:10am On Dec 25, 2018
modestbrowser:
Looks like refuse dump.

Is this Lagos or Ibadan?
I'm not understanding
part of Ogun state
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by riches4me(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2018
aonag:
the only thing buhari sabi na train, cow and oil
Oil is over 90% of our revenue, train is for over 90% of us and cow is for everybody. What else?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by marvinsync(m): 2:16am On Dec 26, 2018
life2017:
Was there any time anybody claimed the whole rail has been completed?

The claim has always been some section have been completed while others have not.

Taking pictures of the uncompleted section does not change the story.

If the work was completed, while will the contractor still be working?.

What we know is that they are working and they are doing it agressively.

u don't get it , FG said they'll be completed February but they think with the amount of work left it's not possible
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by 9jaRealist: 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
Darey00:
In 1886, the first electric underground railway system was opened in London, England

We are here celebrating a routine railway track that will still be on narrow gauge (an outdated rail system)..
we are really behind in this country

First, it is NOT narrow gauge. All of the new rail projects (even Itakpe that started under IBB grin) are standard gauge.

Second, I do not see any “celebrating” - unless you do not grasp the basic concept of information. Nonetheless, what does the opening of the London underground system has to do with the price of Eba or anything else for that matter? Even the US is still building (and planning to build) new basic commuter rail projects and are not ashamed to share that information with the rest of the world.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by olajide8(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

It's ironic, how you guys claim South West, but don't want us to claim South East.
Maybe you need to understand the difference between geopolitical and geographical,
Don't you think it is funny that Bornu and Adamawa are classified as North East states, while CRS and Akwaibom are not South East, despite being parralel on the map, if there was ever to be a truly central South state, it will be, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta.

Once again emancipate your self from that fraud called Geopolitical zoning.

I should have responded much earlier but was following other matters -geographical positioning longitude and latitudes geopolitical zoning political ideologies - what is common to the 2 the spread of people based on their language, beliefs, worship food and ethnic leaning one thing binds all S.S states language various is very small, beliefs food even their physical appearance -you would scarcely find it hard to differentiate between a bayelsa man and rivers a rivers and Calabar a delta and edo akwa ibom and bayelsa and that is how the true zoning came about
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
olajide8:

I should have responded much earlier but was following other matters -geographical positioning longitude and latitudes geopolitical zoning political ideologies - what is common to the 2 the spread of people based on their language, beliefs, worship food and ethnic leaning one thing binds all S.S states language various is very small, beliefs food even their physical appearance -you would scarcely find it hard to differentiate between a bayelsa man and rivers a rivers and Calabar a delta and edo akwa ibom and bayelsa and that is how the true zoning came about

Chairman say what you know, I have worked in the entire state of the southsouth, except Crossriver where I married from, they are as diverse as the word diverse itself, somebody from the , Ugep asix is closer to Ebonyi than someone from Calabar, some of my people understand Ibibio because of our proximity to akwaibom, but find it difficult to understand " I'tem " which is from the same Abia state. What relates a man from Mgbede with a man from Ogoni in Rivers state, or an Ukwani man with an Ijaw man in Delta state.

Until we do away with this useless Geopolitical zoning we are not ready to move an inch forward.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terrorist Scare At The Lagos Airport Today / Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress / Update On Akwa Ibom Airport Terminal Building.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.