Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,232 members, 7,934,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos (32361 Views)

Adeboye: Woman’s Breast That Was Cut Off Due To Cancer Grew Back 2 Weeks After / Did You Receive Any Christmas Gifts From Your Neighbours This Christmas Season? / The Christmas Debate- What Is God's Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by inereunwa1(m): 9:36am On Dec 25, 2018
lonelydora:
In my days, this is how women celebrate Christmas
lost ke the custom has already been lost completely, now a days this is the period women fight their husbands because of Christmas clothes and food!!

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by may320: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
Then comes d various end of year festivals in d village where all gets entertained
Very well. Those societal associations always makes the Xmas joyous and fun.
Well thought out @op, you tried. grin
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by daroz(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2018
lonelydora:

I still can't figure out while Mrs. Nwosu was cooking rice on top of the table instead of on stove
Exactly the same question bothering me for decades now... undecided
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by nachinaGod: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2018
Time don reach 4 me to marry b dat oooooo.....
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Zivaharry(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
I need to get married cry
me don old ooo......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Abbeyme: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2018
raumdeuter:
You know December used to be third term and promotion

Not true. Very incorrect.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Quigley: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2018
lonelydora:

Our stop over then was 9th corner near Enugu

9th mile?
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Owioba1: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2018
[07017165018..quote author=sureodds post=74148645]
always old post

Christmas is always sweets

lol

I'm at it again.
2 sure odds for grab b4 1pm
drop ur WhatsApp number
by quoting me[/quote]
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by DavidEsq(m): 10:10am On Dec 25, 2018
So OP has been an idol worshiper since birth! cry
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by lonelydora: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2018
Quigley:

9th mile?

Yes
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by LadySarah: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2018
The biannual. Community days,the festivals,famzing with long time seen cousins and kin,The very cool mornings then comes when we are told to go bath in the streams and the scream and fun whenthe chilled running water hits ur ribs.

The roasted yams and palm oil prepared by the grannies including the non maggi foods which still comes out tasty.

The large pots of hot food prepared by the family's women.
The petty thefts ;where we get to steal chunks of meats and drinks hidden in the storerooms.
The church harvests and launching of projects,the age grade commissioning their projects.

The love,the sharing,the peace meetings,the gossips,the crossover nights.The new years family prayer meetings...

Then comes the goodbyes!

No place like home, none!

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Possiblefact(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2018
my guy you are there sweet memory

2 Likes

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by themanderon: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2018
Those beautiful days are long gone. Now the fear of the dreaded village people is the beginning of wisdom. I just wonder why men chose wickedness over good.

3 Likes

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2018
raumdeuter:
You know December used to be third term and promotion
yeah, in those days.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
But some who are more fortunate make the journey with their private cars usually the ever reliable Peugeot 504
Yes o, my dad really rocked that car o.

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
Finally we the village ,and excitement cannot be quantified as we are welcomed by relations and neighbours, there is the smell of Christmas all over that comes with harmattan breeze and burning farms
lolz.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
It doesnt take long for us to blend with other kids, playing and going to d stream and playing around the village
hahahaha, I played that table tennis o, what of soccer with counters.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2018
Nwodosis:
I thought you were narrating how you spent your yesteryear Xmas in the Eastern part of the country when I sighted the Onitsha bridge until I started seeing the roofs/structures from the Western region.
hahahaha, he was talking about those days of celebration.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
Then comes Christmas morning morning ,we iron out Christmas clothes with this,can't wait to get back from the church for the rice and chicken
Lolz, am using that iron o.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
After the big masquerades we form our own little masquerades moving from home she to house entertaining them
lolz, to get small change abi.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by mechanics(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
We are rewarded with this
Lolz, I guess as much.
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Bettycars(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
We start our first term/end of year exam in november
God bless you for this post bringing back memories of the past. Indomie kids wouldn’t remember this. Please that Pry school you took a photoshot of can you please remind me of the book and also the class. Is it book1,2,3 etc. Do you still have a collection of them?
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Divay22(f): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2018
Gone are does days of real Christmas
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2018
Nice thread Op but as a kid we never went to the village for xmas.

We go shopping for xmas & new year clothes & shoes like 19th / 20th Dec.

After all the bangard/ knockout bombs the previous night..

We will be up all night watching movies... The only few times we are allowed to do that so we take full advantage cheesy

Then momsy go arrange the old big xmas tree with lighting & effects. I love this part sha cheesy

Then cooking starts with some aunties outside. We never ever use the gas or stove during xmas.. It must be firewood with that massive pot (chai i love the flavour) cheesy
Stealing of meat is allowed cheesy
We dey do our own pre xmas party with stolen meat & (soft drinks if u get mind reach fridge) inside room cheesy

After eating we watch more movies then the visitors start coming in... Later we head to ekae amusement park ( if u sabi Benin city that year u go know the flexing levels cheesy ) Loads of fun plus see baba xmas grin
Then maybe see one or two uncles & aunties later to collect gifts cos we are not interested in ur food because mumsy pepper soup dey wait for us for house with more minerals wink

For the next week till new years eve na steady flexing & visiting of uncles & aunties them and get to play with our relatives we hardly see grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by kunleweb: 10:34am On Dec 25, 2018
Wow. Priceless.pictures
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Aldebaran(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Fond memories grin
Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2018
As fullness would cast out my appetite, as clothes would cover my nude cry and as heaven clears up after a storm undecided. I pray your needs or wants shall be met. And you will continue operating in supernatural velocity to greatness.

Xmas greetings.

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2018
Then your first assignment in school is to write a Comprehension passage on " how you spent your last Christmas holiday"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2018
okuya:
And how can I forget the good old Christmas cards that were being exchanged
na ur mama born u, cool you try no be small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 25, 2018
Good memories , thanks and God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos by bolseas(f): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2018
Abbeyme:

Not true. Very incorrect.

LOL.. He got that part wrong.. Third terms are usually July... While December's are end of year parties, Xmas parties.. Besides December is end of first term

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Storms London For A Crusade(photos,video) / Prophet Marcus K.O. Tibetan's Prophesy For 2018 / The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.