Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,907 members, 7,922,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:24 PM

A Word From GOD: By His Ward: On Why I Celebrate Not Christmas Anymore - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Word From GOD: By His Ward: On Why I Celebrate Not Christmas Anymore (281 Views)

How I Celebrate The Christmas Season. / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Word From GOD: By His Ward: On Why I Celebrate Not Christmas Anymore by TheIkoro(m): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2018
Christmas is the most widely celebrated event, not only in Christianity, but also throughout the world – even amongst non-Christians; celebrated, as it is, by an estimated 2.2 billion Christians worldwide (thirty-one per cent of the world’s human population). It is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on the twenty-fifth of December as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the globe. The day on which it is celebrated (known as Christmas Day) is a public holiday in many of the world’s nations; celebrated religiously by a vast majority of Christians, as well as culturally by very many non-Christians – and it forms an integral part of the holiday season centred around it.

The celebratory customs associated in various countries with Christmas have a mix of pre-Christian, Christian, and secular themes and origins. Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift-giving, completing an Advent calendar or Advent wreath, Christmas music and carolling, lighting a Christingle, viewing a Nativity play, exchange of Christmas cards, church services, special meals, pulling Christmas crackers and the display of various Christmas decorations – including Christmas trees, Christmas lights, Nativity scenes, garlands, wreaths, mistletoe, and holly. In addition (and being that which most concerns this Word) several closely-related and often interchangeable figures – known as Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Saint Nicholas, and Christkind – are associated with bringing gifts to children during the Christmas season, and have their own body of traditions and lore. Because gift-giving and many other aspects of the Christian festival involve heightened economic activity, the holiday has become a significant event and a key sales period for retailers and businesses. The economic impact of Christmas has therefore grown steadily over the past few centuries in many regions of the world.

However, Christmas has not always been a reputable celebration. Associating it with drunkenness and other types of misbehaviour, the Puritans banned Christmas in the seventeenth century. Condemnation of Christmas was prevalent among the seventeenth century English Puritans and Dutch Calvinists, who banned the holiday on the basis of its being either Pagan or Roman Catholic. The American colonies established by these groups reflected this view. Tolerance for Christmas increased after the Restoration, but the Puritan opposition to the holiday persisted in New England for almost two centuries. It was restored as a legal holiday in 1660, but remained disreputable for a while even after then.

And that brings us to the major reason for this Word. Santa Claus (also known as Saint Nicholas, Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, or simply Santa). A legendary figure originating in Western Christian culture, said to bring gifts to the homes of well-behaved (“good” and “nice”) children, on Christmas Eve (twenty-fourth of December) and during the early morning hours of Christmas Day.

In Nigeria especially, and also throughout the whole world, Father Christmas is synonymous with giving. He is supposed to mirror selfless giving, and thereby reflect that which Jesus Christ is supposed to have done – come down to earth to give his life for the world. Thus in Nigeria, there have always been all sorts of Father Christmas “shows” – where a fat, jovial man is dressed up in the traditional attire of Santa Claus; to hand out gifts to children. And that brings us once more to the root of this Word.

Was Jesus Christ a Santa Claus? Did Jesus Christ come to give all his to the world, in return for absolutely nothing?

When I was young (as a child, and in my adolescence) one who was not only what would be termed a “selfless giver,” but who had also suffered as a consequence of thereby giving “for free,” was often referred to by my peers as a “Father Christmas.” To further illustrate the disdain with which he would be derided, the Yoruba would say of such a person, “Eni t’o ba s’ore, t’o daran; ko m’ore e se.” (He who does good, and suffers as a consequence; knows not how to do good). Thus, such a person would then be referred to as a Father Christmas – for that is all that Jesus is supposed to have done…..did good, and suffered as a consequence.

I was born into what would be seen as a Christian family. I grew up to become, for quite a number of years, a serious Christian. I renounced the Christian faith in September, 2009; to be as precise as I can be – almost a decade or so ago. And, today, I can no longer celebrate Christmas. But, not just due to my having renounced Christianity. And definitely not due to drunkenness, or any other vice given as reason for denouncing the celebration – be it by Puritan, be it by Calvinist.

Why, then (you may want to ask of me) do I celebrate Christmas no more?

Because their Lord Jesus Christ was definitely not a Father Christmas. And if not for that which is written, this being,

“And we know that in all things GOD works for the good of those who love Him;”

Jesus would not only have died a shame, but he would have died also in vain.

For he loved GOD. And therefore GOD worked for his good. And thus, where all his enemies sought for his shame – up to the extent where he was even hung on a tree, that he may be then rendered accursed; as it is written,

“he that is hanged is accursed of GOD;”

even then, GOD made of his shame the same – yesterday, and today, and forever.

However, that is by the way. For it answers not thy question.

Why can I never celebrate Christmas, ever again?

I repeat, because Jesus Christ was not a Father Christmas.

The world plundered him of his – even as it is written,

“they divide my garments among them,
and for my raiment they cast lots;”

and then claimed that he it was that gave freely, and that is where the myth of the jolly giver that Father Christmas is supposed to be rose from. The myth of the “free giver” striving to deceive those that do not know, into believing the opposite of that which Jesus wished upon those he knew would take his life – this being,

“He will put those wretches to a miserable death;”

striving to have the blind believe Jesus was a man of peace – even after he had stated clearly, and with word,

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword;”

striving to make the naïve believe that Jesus came to give all he had for every one on earth, when it is clearly written of his word,

“I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou hast given me;”

and where he just as clearly described those that The LORD gave unto him as,

“They (that) are not of the world, even as I am not of the world;”

and where it has been just as clearly written of the world,

“Know ye not that friendship of the world is enmity with GOD? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of GOD;”

and where he clearly told his, of this same world,

“be of good cheer, I have overcome the world;”

and where it has been just as clearly stated of those who throng after Jesus (be it in his generation, or today – in all that which thou canst see today as the Church) those who pursue him under the pretext of following him,

“to them it has not been given (to know the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven)……That is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. With them indeed is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah which says:

“You shall indeed hear but never understand,
and you shall indeed see but never perceive.”

That is the Jesus Christ that the Christian of this generation will have you believe (even when not in so many words) was no more than a “Father Christmas” that came to give everything for the world, in return for absolutely nothing. He did come to give, true; but only to “them which Thou hast given me.” As it is written,

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatever I command you.”

And if he commands his friends that “whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of GOD;” and if he assured them also that he has “overcome the world;” where then is the Father Christmas he is supposed to be – that came to give all his for the world that is such an adversary, it is said to have been overcome; and, in return for absolutely nothing?

Only, I assure thee, in the cunningly conceived plots of they that say,

“Who can see us?
Who can search out our crimes?
We have thought out a cunningly conceived plot.”

And they have indeed thought out a cunningly conceived plot, having seen in Adedotun The Ikoro one they would be another Father Christmas – like they claim The Christ was. Even where they should know that he will definitely not be a Father Christmas in absolutely any way whatsoever, they continue to see, without perceiving, and to hear, without understanding – their hearts remain calloused, their ears remain dull, their eyes remain closed; that they may then present before him sacrifices of flesh like unto the seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines with which they were able to placate Solomon over the evil done unto his father. From marriage alliances such as that with the daughter of Pharaoh, to the levies with which “they brought tributes and served Solomon all the days of their life;” they did seek to console Solomon. However, they never could sooth David, who – as it is written – slew them so thoroughly (“And David smote the land, and left neither man nor woman alive”) again and again, and even yet again; until it is finally written of him, “And The LORD brought the fear of him upon all nations.”

Ye have heard that it is said by business schools all over the world, Absolutely nothing is free. And I say unto thee, Not even salvation comes for free. For even the salvation wrought by the hands of The Christ would that thou “go forth to him outside the camp, and bear the abuse he endured.” The early Christians knew this. However, Christians will no longer tell you this in any church. Rather (instead of glorying, as does Paul and The Ikoro; of labours more abundant, of stripes above measure, of prisons more frequent, of deaths oft) all they glory of is of their power and their prosperity – their mansions, their jets, their limousines. For GOD is no longer with Christianity.

And thus, all the Church of this generation will have you know of The Christ is that he gave his life for you – for free; that ye then might have all power and prosperity in that which is no lasting city, rather than be of the brotherhood of sufferings of which the early Christians were made – who sought the city which is to come. And now, they seek in Ikoro Iyineleda a Father Christmas like unto that which they have made of the Son of David; saying unto him (even if not exactly saying it unto him; for they ever strive to give without giving – that they may then rape, rob, defraud, and deny; and consequently claim that they have been given) “You are kind.”

Sorry. I am not kind. I am not a Father Christmas. And thou wilt continue to see without perceiving, and to hear without understanding; your hearts will forever remain calloused, your ears will forever be dull, your eyes will forever be closed – otherwise you would see with your eyes, hear with your ears, understand with your hearts; and turn, and be delivered.

Hast thou now perfected the cunning in thy conceived plots – to that extent where thou divides amongst thee and thine the garments and raiment that would cover the nudity of not only my body, but also my mind, and my actions, and my possessions? Hast thou now perfected the cunning in thy conceived plots – to that extent where that which is to be concealed of mine by garments and raiment is now divided amongst thee and thine, with all the honour that the fool will say exists not amongst thieves? Hast thou now thereby plundered of so much of that of mine which is holy, and those of mine which are pearls; that not only does family ask derisively of me, “Now that we have stolen everything, what are you going to do?” but those of thee and thine like unto Moslems now brag arrogantly that “We have gotten all that which you would have gotten,” and those of thee and thine like unto Christians now boast insolently of thy being “farther” to me? And dost thou now say unto me, “Thou art kind;” all because I appeal for justice and judgment to human authorities that are,

“wicked rulers…….framing mischief by statute?”

Sorry. Pele. Even Jesus wanted war. As it is written,

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn.”

And then again,

“And shall not GOD avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them?

“I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.”

And even yet again,

“I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.”

Thus, I celebrate today neither Christmas nor (most especially) Father Christmas – and I never again will. For both are a cunning mockery of the vengeance that Jesus sought for his, and of the justice he was meant to give. That both this vengeance and this justice were thwarted by the cunningly conceived plots of the adversary is proven by the disdain with which the world (and, even, most especially, all that is the Christianity of this generation) regards The Christ as no more than a generous Father Christmas – even clapping for him in their churches, as though all his sufferings whilst alive is now no more than entertainment to them.

Over two thousand years after he confirmed the justice in the words, “He will put those wretches to a miserable death;” the adversary he would be thereby overcome deride the conquest credited to him, by applauding the anguish that was his on the cross – even in those very gatherings proclaimed to be his! And all because of the word that is the swan song of the ugly duckling; when truly Christian, and definitely no Masculinist:

“Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”

Over two thousand years after he gave so much, that which he gave has had so much given back unto him – good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over – that his abundant charity has the term “Father Christmas” be with the stigma of derision and disdain, and not even in those gatherings only that lay claim to that which he gave.

Father, forgive them not; for – ever from Moses, to the prophets, to the resurrection of The Christ – they always know that which they do.

Jesus was neither kind, nor a Father Christmas – at least, not with the interpretation with which the word “kind” is used to describe Adedotun The Ikoro. And neither is Ikoro Iyineleda kind, nor is he a Father Christmas. For he came not to give to the world, but to his own.

Thou may continue to say unto me, “Thou art kind.” Thou may continue to deceive thyself. Thou may continue to look upon me as a Father Christmas, giving all thee and thine that which thou plundered of me. Thou may continue to deceive thyself. Thou may continue to believe I will even be like unto Solomon, who accepted thy sacrifices of feast and flesh – thy sacrifices of levies and tributes and “seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines.” Thou may continue to deceive thyself.

Even as I have gone forth to him outside the camp, and I have borne the abuse he endured; even so do I say unto all thee and thine,

I will pursue my enemies and overtake them;
and I will not turn back till they are
consumed.
I will thrust them through so that they will never be
able to rise;
they will fall under my feet.
For GOD does gird me with strength for the
battle;
GOD does make my assailants sink under
me.
GOD does make my enemies turn their
backs to me;
and those who hate me, I destroy.
They will cry for help, but there will be none to
save;
they will cry to The LORD, but He will not
answer them.
I will beat them fine as dust before the wind;
I will cast them out like the mire of the
streets.
Masculinism will rejoice when he sees the
vengeance;
he will bathe his feet in the blood of the
wicked.
Men will say, “Surely there is a reward for
the righteous;
surely there is a God Who judges on
earth.”

Ikoro Iyineleda (25th of December, 2018).

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Abortion Killed 42 Million In 2018 / Only Mercy Not Sacrifice Can Save / L E F T - B E H I N D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.