Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,469 members, 7,881,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:16 AM

Being A Plus-sized Model - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Being A Plus-sized Model (5005 Views)

Sexy Mama!!my Dream Is To Be A Plus Sized Lingerie Model- Chioma Toplis (photos) / Plus Sized Divas,post Your Pics Here For The World To See / Why Is It That Plus Sized Naija Babes Wear Undersized Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Plus-sized Model by zigbo(f): 12:42am On Apr 17, 2007
Plus size is almost a sin in this day and age,but i don't gettit.Its so bad that size 12s are tagged plus size,now thats ridiculous.The unnecessary need for slender girls wanting to get even slender is overwhelming its almost a killer and its sending the worst information to growing girls or if u like the youths

I am so into fashion that i plan to own a fashion house or at least have cloth line[b]s [/b] in the nearest future.I hope to have girls of all body type modelling my designs, probably from a size 0-16 or beyond.That way bigger girls will get a glimpse on how the clothes will look on them.

What do y'all think about more plus size girls getting modelling deals and the craze for girls wanting to go from slender to sle.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by mohawkchic(f): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2007
~This has been a debate that hasnt brought forth any reasons why plus sizes are not gettin any hype as much as the size 0 whoo haa!!!

~I personally find it appauling as realistically,there are more plus size women out there that feel pressured into becomin stick thin just to be in the norm,from covers of magazines to the catwalk,its all about slim,slender and what i'll call anorexic looking women,girls angry

~Its so ironic as we have people starving from lack of food yet people who have access to food,choose to starve themselves silly angry

~I can't believe girls as young as 8 are anorexic  shocked,all because they feel pressured in thinking thin is beautiful,now that is just real sick,sad,yet no-one wants to accept the blame for this silly notion of been skinny,the models pass the book to the designers,the magazines blame the fashion industry,its just crazy!!!

~I would love to see more plus size women embracin being voluptuous and still enjoyin the era of fashion as it is today,sayin that though,fashion as it is today,hasnt got room for plus size women on the catwalk!!! no "ifs" or "buts" about it,sad fact!!! a plus size chick can't even make it to the final three in ANTM  lipsrsealed,this just goes to show the fashion industry plays a huge role in making that dream possible!!!

~However,i'd like to think there's hope for more deals for plus size women out there,if just one heavy weight designer  takes on this venture am sure lots more will follow,what are the chances of that happening 

~I recall watchin a programme where Louis Redknap {a footballers wife} a size 8 did a show on channel 4 to prove how dangerous it is for women to be a size 0,the moral of her goin through this ordeal was clear,in two months,she was to get into a size 0 dress shocked,somehow,she succeeded in showin girls out there the diets/ways to achieve the infamous size 0,it was sad to see her efforts go friutless sad

~My point been,the craze to be size 0 is more overwhelmin,i guess our mind projects what we see as beautiful on covers of magazines,celebreties etc,forgettin all sense of  reasoning goes out of the window,as in health issues!!!

~Good luck w/your dream,hope you get to fly the flag for the plus size women out there grin
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cuteass1(f): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2007
my sister, i feel you on that one ooh

its ridiculous angry growing girls are reaped off their self-esteem and confident. They no longer think they can be beautiful without being model-skinny. Its so dishearthening to watch what's going on in the midst of youths

the number of bulinmis and anorexias is increasing by the hour cry some youths are resolving to sucide just because they think the girl next door who is skinnier than they are, and is more popular and accepted by the society  . . BULLSHIT angry angry

I'm slim, but i know i've tripped for some not-so-slim ones ooh, some of the "so called slender" ones are not even happy in their bodies sef undecided

what they tend to forget, is that most of these models and stars don't really look all perfect in real life, they get hypnotised by what they see on movies and magazines.

you'll be surprised to find out that Angelina Jolie, as tall as she seems on screen, she is a short person in real life, i'll never stop being grateful to this actress can't remember her name, who appeared on "ellen's show" to talk about "life as a satr". She revealed that their pictures are being perfected, and they look nothing like that. And even when they seem extremely good-looking, it all comes from the make-ups and camera tricks.

The sad thing being, why would our girls be beating up themselves for something that isn't even real, something really has to be done ooh, before it gets out of hand angry angry

I know that none of them (the plus size) on the ANTM have actually made it far, but its all because they loose confidence in themselves as time goes on, then the judges have noo option than to wave them good.-bye

But an achievement has been made though, because one of the plus size girls that was on one of the seasons did appear on Tyra show, to announce her numerous contracts, some bi girls got inspired by her. I was so happy cheesy

Tyra Banks is trying sha, more people should also join in the battle of making the "bigger ones" acknowledge their beauty wink wink cheesy
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by zebudaya(m): 3:41pm On Apr 18, 2007
Women are so lucky

There's always someone looking out for you! If you eat too much and become fat you are no longer fat but plus sized what about the fat boys can't they be plus sized too?

I was watching BET's rip the runway and they were showcasing the big and tall selection. All the women were over 200 pounds (90.718474) Kg. However the men were 6ft 5 300 pounds all muscle. Why didn't they use 300 pound fat men? don't they exist aren't they big?

Talk about robbing us of our self esteem, are we not brainlessly bombarded by Gucci Ad's, calvin Klein ad's, movie stars like James Bond?
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by spoilt(f): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2007
why would anyone want to be a size zero? shocked
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ Topic dont mind them joooo, all those anorexic women.

Not to worry, there are still some of us who appreciate plus size women. And who love them like mad grin

Dont let anyone put you down. Big is definitely better, hell yeah!! grin

Good luck with your dream/vision , by the way, wishing you d best!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by zigbo(f): 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2007
thx guys kiss , TRUST ME IMMA MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

zebudaya:

Women are so lucky

There's always someone looking out for you! If you eat too much and become fat you are no longer fat but plus sized

its aint about luck.Being plus sized doesnt always mean that u ate the whole world or over fed, at times it may jst be your body frame.U don't xpect everybody in the world to be tall nd skinny neither do u expect everybody to be dwarfs.

The problem is,people don't care about there body type,they are jst like hey i must look like heidi klum etc,the thing about being fit is being healthy i.e eat rite workout nd stuff u don't ve to over push d limits of what u can look like  undecided but the media nd most fashion industries are telling the young ones that u ve to be so thin if u are nt like that then work on being anorexic which is all i am against.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by piscean(m): 12:41am On Apr 19, 2007
someday soon skeletons would dominate the runways all in the name of fashion, but come to think of it what happens when you've got a plus-size model walking down the runway with plenty flesh hanging outta your haute couture design. IS that still a part of knowing what "it" would look like on her!!!!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cuteass1(f): 12:47am On Apr 19, 2007
@piscean

well nobody is saying they should have "hot-dogs" hanging down from all parts of their bodies, thats not pleasant to watch either embarassed

i don't cheer people like that ooh, because their health too is in danger. You shouldn't let your body get to the point of being faaaaaaat, that you need weight-reduction. Everybody should watch it wink

when we say plus.sized, i'm sure we mean those that are not sooooooo slim and slender, those with some flesh on their bones wink

too much of everything is bad cool

we're just saying that some are not cut out to be skinny, i know some that no matter how they try, when they get to size "medium", their bodies can't go down any futher, such people should be given a chance.

But when you get to XXXXL then you should do something about it ooh!!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by spoilt(f): 12:52am On Apr 19, 2007
piscean:

someday soon skeletons would dominate the runways all in the name of fashion, but come to think of it what happens when you've got a plus-size model walking down the runway with plenty flesh hanging out of your haute couture design. IS that still a part of knowing what "it" would look like on her!!!!

skeletons have already dominated the runways. grin
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cuteass1(f): 1:04am On Apr 19, 2007
spoilt:

skeletons have already dominated the runways. grin

LOL . . no be small thing grin grin

i myself, i find the clothes not-appetizing on these skeletons. My attention gets drawn to their chewing-stick looking bodies (that the industry has made it to be), instead of the clothes that are being advertized lol

Like i said earlier, something urgent has to be done cry
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by zigbo(f): 1:20am On Apr 19, 2007
@piscean ,cuteass understands the topic nd she has jst said all that needs to be said concerning ur post.

but speaking on hanging fleshes on the coutoure designs,brings me back to the idea of wanting to ve plus size ladies walk the catwalk,it shows a lot of creativity on the designers part in that u know the rite cloth for the rite size.
I mean u are not gonna let a size16 grace the catwalk in some tightass mini or showbele top lol but y'all get wat i mean rite?
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by spoilt(f): 1:29am On Apr 19, 2007
not all plus size ladies have hanging flesh. some are quite supple and have firm nice skin. they are beautiful jare. grin
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cuteass1(f): 1:30am On Apr 19, 2007
you're right on that too ooh[b] @ zigbo[/b]

but the thing is just like we want to dicourage skeletons, we should also discourage those that think food, is "the topic of the day"

so not too much hanging out either, they should encourage the girls that if they keep fit, eat with grace, do some exercise, they'll be healthy and fit

some, no matter what they do, they'll remain slendrer, and some will remain chubby

we just don't want them to think skinny is the order of the day. Everything with proportion wink
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cuteass1(f): 1:32am On Apr 19, 2007
spoilt:

not all plus size ladies have hanging flesh. some are quite supple and have firm nice skin. they are beautiful jare. grin

yes ooh . . like that plus-size girl on tyra'a top model can't remember her name

even though she got some, she was stunning wink

even the camera-men admired her, but our young girls don't see those cry
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by spoilt(f): 1:35am On Apr 19, 2007
the truth is that it is genetically impossible for some people to be thin. thats just not their body type. as long as they exercise and eat healthy , they are fine.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by frankiriri(m): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2007
I love women with flesh on their bodies oh. So if it were left to me all models would be plus sized. grin grin
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by adconline(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2007
good luck
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by onome02(f): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2007
Hi, the idea of having plus sized models is a nice one, it makes big girls like me feel better cos am a size 14 wink, anyways, I read (or tried to read) all u guys wrote and my question is wat if a plus size[b] does [/b] have hanging flesh wat does she do? undecided
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by pisces20: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2007
i don't see anything wrong with having little flesh (but not too much).
some of these chics eat a lot but it's their nature to remain skinny.
wat they don't understand these days is that everybody mustn't be skinny.
some are big and still beautiful. Personally i don't like chics dat are too skinny.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by nigerbobo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2007
Tufiakwa ! ! ! ! !

Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by maree7(f): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ cute-ass
how u doin gurl?

@ nigerbobo

eeewwwwww shocked, they look like bones with skin, soooo not cute
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by sophienwa(f): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2007
ehn! what is that thing ?shocked it looks like something out of that movie- living dead.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by frankiriri(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2007
How did you shrink those models.
I am sure I have seen one of the normal pictures.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cinnamon(f): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2007
U guys seen supermodel Linda Ikeji's blog?It rocks!check it out@ lindaikeji..com
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by zigbo(f): 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2007
omg  shocked ,those pictures are horrendous. When i was talkin about girls wanting to push limits to what they could look like, i never for once thot it was that bad.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by cuteass1(f): 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked @ photos of "our models" CHEI ALU EMEEEEEE (ABOMINATION)

OOH LAWD, what's happening cry cry now i know what people mean when they say SKELETONS AKA CHEWING-STICKS shocked

maree7:

@ cute-ass
how u doin girl?

Dear sorry i missed you on line ooh sad , i'm finr. you??

@ zigbo
after looking at those pics., i hope you're planning to do something, real fast befor the wind sef will start carrying our girls wink
with bodies like that, how would the wind not blow them away? grin
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by MP007(m): 6:18am On Apr 20, 2007
The problem i have with must women is that most want to loss weight.Imagine a "big bone" trying to losss weight.We have all forgotten that God created us differently. big ,small, short ,tall.Althouh am not in support of being fat in excess,iT IS imporant to know that we are influenced by the society.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by maree7(f): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2007
thats tru
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by Lawijo(m): 8:33am On Apr 20, 2007
Ladies,
I guess it's a moment in time madness. And a time will come that all the craze, media exagerations and hypes for skeleton/skinny ladies will slow down.
I my opinion, that's even already happening, despite the fact that fashion magazines wants us to believe otherwise.
If you look at the "drop-waist" (Don't actally know what its called, I was in Nigeria last december and some girl told me that's what they call it) jeans design that's been in vogue for a few years now, In my opinion, it fits and suits ladies with curves more than the skinny types.
And our famous, talented, beatiful, latin-American singer/actress of world fame: J-LO. Has shown and proven that being skinny is not the only pre-requisite for being beautiful, gracious, elegant, fashionable and sexy! It's all between the ears and as they say: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
For me, i'll say gimme them ladies with the flesh in the right place/proportion anyday, anytime. Hahahaha!!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by lakeside4love(m): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2007
I love a plus sized woman,

Especially the beautiful plus size ones, They turn me on,
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by spikedcylinder: 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2007
Zebudaya,your post was kindda uninformed. Not all big people eat all the food in the world,it doesnt work that way.
Take me for instance,the thinnest i have ever been in my life is a size 12. No matter how hard i try i just can never be thin. I hardly eat,in a day,i might just have a bite or pinch of something and this has been going on for months. The day i start to eat 3 square meals a day is the day i would baloon up meanwhile i have a friend who eats like a horse and remains a cute size 8. Right now am a size 16 and eventhough it would be nice to be slimmer, i still think am the finest woman to walk the face of the earth!!!lol (na joke o! I wowo!)

Anyway,what am trying to say is some people can just never be thin and as long as you're comfortable in the skin you're born in and you wear the right clothes. . . . what else?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Aso-ebi Styles For 2018 / 5 Fabulous And Creative Ways To Tie Ankara Turban/headwraps / Earrings: What Types Do You Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.