Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,322 members, 7,881,187 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:04 PM

Pat Utomi For President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi For President (1872 Views)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi For President by dinggle: 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2010
Fashola has already stepped on toes in Lagos and he will do it federally.

Utomi was once asked what he would do about corruption if he becomes the president and his answer was Lets get there first!!!
I was an Utomi disciple like y'all until that day. We need someone like late Gani (May his soul rest in peace) he was the first to say he would probe corruption from when Nigeria got independence. I dont know why Utomi would dodge such important question or play politics with it.

My presidential preference list/order.

1. Ribadu
2. Fashola
3. Utomi

If none of these guys contest then,

N.B:

I just sent Utomi the same question on his campaign website:

What will you do about corruption?, how will you fight corruption and ensure that those who stole money since Nigeria's independence are brought to book either dead or alive?, If dead how will ensure that they are sentenced after death and their jail term slammed on their graves so that generations unborn will know they were once enemies of Nigeria's progress.

I'm expecting a reply via my email and will post it here. It might change my mind and my presidential preference list.
Re: Pat Utomi For President by monkeyleg: 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2010
listen guys, you all have points. ruling Nigeria is not so staright forward and I appreciate that.

Acejam, probably made one of the best observations, and I think that is key to this debate. yes we need someone with very big balls that can fight corruption to the root, and kill it dead gbam, but we also need someone with intelligence that can insipre the right people to make the necessary change, and I will explain.

During l the last election, I tirelessly campaigned for Pat, pointing out very key points that most Nigerians failed to see. I could see that this is a man who had the capacity to attract the best to serve Nigeria.

Nigeria is the way it is today, because those who can make a change are not interested in politics. I know a lot of people will ask why, but the answer is blindingly obvious. You won’t expect anyone with an element of decency to follow this stupid bunch of politician, they just don’t mix.
Now look at Pat, though his academic and business credentials speak for themselves, an even bigger advantage is the sort of crowd he is likely to pull. Now what do I mean by that, pat is likely to galvanise those people who have stayed away from politics and government to come and serve. His reputation is likely to pull the sort of people we need to drive Nigeria forward in all sectors, I am not just saying this,  I know Pat has the capacity to pull the necessary people together to move Nigeria forward quickly
Re: Pat Utomi For President by chyz(m): 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2010
dinggle:

Fashola has already stepped on toes in Lagos and he will do it federally.

Utomi was once asked what he would do about corruption if he becomes the president and his answer was Lets get there first!!!
I was an Utomi disciple like y'all until that day. We need someone like late Gani (May his soul rest in peace) he was the first to say he would probe corruption from when Nigeria got independence. I dont know why Utomi would dodge such important question or play politics with it.

My presidential preference list/order.

1. Ribadu
2. Fashola
3. Utomi

If none of these guys contest then,

N.B:

I just sent Utomi the same question on his campaign website:

What will you do about corruption?, how will you fight corruption and ensure that those who stole money since Nigeria's independence are brought to book either dead or alive?, If dead how will ensure that they are sentenced after death and their jail term slammed on their graves so that generations unborn will know they were once enemies of Nigeria's progress.

I'm expecting a reply via my email and will post it here. It might change my mind and my presidential preference list.

I disagree with the highlighted for the simple fact that I have proof that says otherwise:

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti4ZsgCd4Kk&feature=related[/flash]

And as far as Fashola goes, what even makes him a better candidate than Governor Amaechi?
Re: Pat Utomi For President by OYBMEND: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^

That video is so 2007

I might vote for him though . . is he running?
Re: Pat Utomi For President by Ruq: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2010
Would have voted for him but my vote doesnt fuckin kount!
Re: Pat Utomi For President by wesley80(m): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2010
Utomi is from Delta State but he cannot win the Governorship in Delta state, not because anyone that will be fielded in the next ten years come close to him in terms of political or intellectual ability but because he is an unknown quantity even in his own state! He simply does not have enough "political clout" in the Nigerian sense, to matter in our nations politics ( at least for now ).
Utomi only appeals to the intellectual class, the news savvy, U and i who appreciate his intellectual prowess. In todays Nigeria our influence is limited to Nairaland and the pages of Newspapers, those that count are the political moneybags and the over 80% of our population that live on less than a dollar a day that are content with selling their votes for their share of a "bag of salt" or bag of rice during Christmas, afterall what other guarantee do they have that they'll be remembered after the elections? These two groups are locked in a seeming symbiotic but ultimately parasitic relationship and all we can do for now is watch!
The only way to conquer these parasitic group is to infiltrate their ranks and set your agenda when you get to the top. Utomi is an independent therefor he stands no chance just like Donald Duke, but the likes of Fashola and Ribadu have what the others lack, not just respect but popularity not just with you and I but also among the political moneybags and the downtrodden. Utomi is good but blossomed with the wrong generation. Too bad.
Re: Pat Utomi For President by chyz(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2010
wesley80:

Utomi is from Delta State but he cannot win the Governorship in Delta state, not because anyone that will be fielded in the next ten years come close to him in terms of political or intellectual ability but because he is an unknown quantity even in his own state! He simply does not have enough "political clout" in the Nigerian sense, to matter in our nations politics ( at least for now ).
      Utomi only appeals to the intellectual class, the news savvy, U and i who appreciate his intellectual prowess. In todays Nigeria our influence is limited to Nairaland and the pages of Newspapers, those that count are the political moneybags and the over 80% of our population that live on less than a dollar a day that are content with selling their votes for their share of a "bag of salt" or bag of rice during Christmas, afterall what other guarantee do they have that they'll be remembered after the elections? These two groups are locked in a seeming symbiotic but ultimately parasitic relationship and all we can do for now is watch!
      The only way to conquer these parasitic group is to infiltrate their ranks and set your agenda when you get to the top. Utomi is an independent therefor he stands no chance just like Donald Duke, but the likes of Fashola and Ribadu have what the others lack, not just respect but popularity not just with you and I but also among the political moneybags and the downtrodden. Utomi is good but blossomed with the wrong generation. Too bad.

If you said a governor such as Amaechi then I would say you may be on to something as an alternative to Utomi but instead you said Fashola, that just would not happen.Sorry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abu Professor Nabbed With ‘explosives’ On London Plane / Jonathan Queries Sambo Over Poor Attendance At Kaduna Rally / Gej Fashola Akpabio Kwakwanso Who Is More Clueless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.