Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,477 members, 7,926,397 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 02:17 PM

It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! (30629 Views)

60 Corpers Cheat Death On POP Day In Warri, Many Injured As Bus Explodes (Video) / Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) / How 60 Airlines Went Into Extinction In 60 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by ike007(m): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2018
Guy chilll... Didn't you read about the type of visa you are applying for and how long it will take for them to issue you a reply?
Dem never lost am just chill.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by introvertme: 7:09am On Dec 29, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Nairaland is now the 4Chan of irrelevancy...ogbeni send a tweet to @BelgiumMFA ask them how far.

If nah VSF you use...sorry bro, now nah holiday season. BTW nah Schengen visa...be patient a little while.

Don't insult 4chan,there are some days where they're super smart.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by BruncleZuma: 7:10am On Dec 29, 2018
introvertme:

Don't insult 4chan,there are some days where they're super smart.
Some days bro...really undecided
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by WaffenSS(m): 7:24am On Dec 29, 2018
ajalawole:
I swear we die here. that's how my mum brother scam me of 570k just to get dubia visa almost 3yrs now have not get the visa or refund from my uncle in dubia

Where the hell is "dubia?"

And 570k for Dubai Visa, when the most expensive (multiple entry, 6 months) is 2000AED which is roughly 200k?

UAE Visa is one of the easiest to get sef

Na wa for some pipu

1 Like

Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by freeboyhenry(m): 7:37am On Dec 29, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Nairaland is now the 4Chan of irrelevancy...ogbeni send a tweet to @BelgiumMFA ask them how far.

If nah VSF you use...sorry bro, now nah holiday season. BTW nah Schengen visa...be patient a little while.
it seems you know about visa
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by BruncleZuma: 7:41am On Dec 29, 2018
freeboyhenry:
it seems you know about visa
I have been known to have eaten a dog's foot from time to time.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by NNEWIsuper: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2018
tanidabi:
I do not know the class of visa you applied for but if it's tourist I will suggest you call them
They pick calls between 9 and 10am every Monday to Friday.

It's actually frustrating trust me.If you are able to speak with them they will tell you the status of my application. I go to Belgium twice a year since 2016 but I apply through France. The only time I applied at Belgian embassy I was really frustrated. I applied in Sept and did not get my approved visa in November incidentally I got my passport on the day I was travelling.

The decision is usually made in Belgium so if you do not call the embassy here to know the status you will just keep waiting .

In my own case the one I got from the embassy I kept calling the abuja office and they told me what to do.I had to call Belgium office myself.This was in 2016.After that experience I started applying at the French embassy and it's been smooth sailing since.

I do not know the class of your visa but if it's tourist just call them up once you give them what they need they will make a decision.

But if you are impatient you can recall your passport but do not apply for a schengen immediately

thanks dear...you're the only one who has given me a reasonable instruction..it's actually a tourist visa

I'm gonna try to contact them

secondly..how possible is it to go through France to Belgium.. enlighten me on that
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by NNEWIsuper: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2018
ike007:
Guy chilll... Didn't you read about the type of visa you are applying for and how long it will take for them to issue you a reply?
Dem never lost am just chill.
it said 4 working weeks except holiday and it's long past that
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by Teeklef(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2018
Chai!!! See how people dey travel out anyhow.....when me they find money to go my village for new year!!!!There is God o.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by NNEWIsuper: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2018
992finland:
Sorry for d delay..yes Belgium does delay but you will surly get the visa.. Try to call or email them avoid all those comments from the useless comments from the idiots and stupid people just focus n be prayerful..
thanks man...I appreciate
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by komodapson(m): 9:35am On Dec 29, 2018
[/b]pls kindly upgrade to the latest brainapp on play store, the one running is slow...lol
GistFullGround:
[b]First of all, write the Belgian Embassy to inquire what is going on with your passport.

Consulate of Belgium
Manor House,
110 Admiral Ayinla Way,
Lekki Phase I,
Lekki, Lagos

Embassy of Belgium
9, Usuma Street,
Maitama, Abuja,

Then write a complaint to the Minister of External Affairs and copy the Senator & Representative representing you.

Make sure your letter to the Embassy is copied to the Senator, Representative, and the Hon. Minister.

Also, send a copy to all News organizations in Nigeria.

Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by ezegenigbonine: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2018
No be this guy wey dey support buhari. U wan run after supporting him Abi. Na lie, we go die here together. Shebi Na next level, watch out for part 2
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by Ibcrown(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2018
NNEWIsuper:
Hi guys, it's been 60 days since I submitted an application for a Belgium visa, ..the problem now is that I need my passport to apply for another visa to another country entirely...I may not really be needing the Belgium visa again

my question now is: how can I get my passport back??
Lol! Mine took five weeks n st the end they denied me the visa,
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by dareadewuyi: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Go to the collection center in Lagos and apply to withdraw your application for visa and your pali will be returned back to you within a week.The fact is that Belgian visa use to take long before approval,it is within 9 months to one year, it depends on the type of visa you applied for.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by tanidabi: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
I understand there is a rule that says you enter first the schengen country you applied through.
So if for instance you apply at France embassy for schengen you have to fly first to France.

You can take another flight from France to Belgium or taken a bus .Google flixbus.

I normally apply for Netherlands visa through the French embassy (VFS) .French embassy processes Netherlands visa cos Netherlands visa is in Abuja.

So I fly directly though KLM or AF to Netherlands and take flixbus bus to Belgium.Infact when they ask me at the Amsterdam airport what am doing in ams I always tell them am actually heading to Belgium and I have never had a single problem.It is about 3 hours by road .You can also take a train

If you book bus in time its just about 10 euros.

Belgium is a lovely small country.I have been visiting twice every year since 2016.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by temmyneyo: 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
iyimide:
When I apply visas, I never drop my passport.. just tell them to make a copy for identification and verification and when the Visa is ready, u will bring the passport for the sticker.. this step also makes u get visas much easily... it has worked for me.. UK visas, Finland and This Same Belgian..

Is that possible? Can I tell the VFS guys that I am not ready to submit my passport or how do I do that?
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by temmyneyo: 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
tanidabi:
I do not know the class of visa you applied for but if it's tourist I will suggest you call them
They pick calls between 9 and 10am every Monday to Friday.

It's actually frustrating trust me.If you are able to speak with them they will tell you the status of my application. I go to Belgium twice a year since 2016 but I apply through France. The only time I applied at Belgian embassy I was really frustrated. I applied in Sept and did not get my approved visa in November incidentally I got my passport on the day I was travelling.

The decision is usually made in Belgium so if you do not call the embassy here to know the status you will just keep waiting .

In my own case the one I got from the embassy I kept calling the abuja office and they told me what to do.I had to call Belgium office myself.This was in 2016.After that experience I started applying at the French embassy and it's been smooth sailing since.

I do not know the class of your visa but if it's tourist just call them up once you give them what they need they will make a decision.

But if you are impatient you can recall your passport but do not apply for a schengen immediately

I work with ABinBev and I will also like to go Belgium for my Holiday, are you advising that I apply through French Embassy or through some other Schengen Countries?
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by tanidabi: 2:04am On Dec 30, 2018
temmyneyo:

I work with ABinBev and I will also like to go Belgium for my Holiday, are you advising that I apply through French Embassy or through some other Schengen Countries?

It's up to you.Belgium usually takes time I guess it's just their process.

You can apply at any of the schengen countries. But apply to the favourable ones.If you are going to Belgium do not bother submitting your passport to Belgian embassy cos the first disadvantage is that it will go to Abuja.

Check vfs website and decide but you will not say you are going to Belgium, you can say you are going to France and when you get the visa fly to Belgium. Nobody will arrest you for that. French embassy takes minimum of 15 working days .

Google schengen countries and decide where to apply.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by tanidabi: 2:05am On Dec 30, 2018
temmyneyo:

Is that possible? Can I tell the VFS guys that I am not ready to submit my passport or how do I do that?

This is not possible. I am sure you are joking.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by GistFullGround: 4:40am On Dec 30, 2018
speedyconnect3:

Please what's the essence of copying to his senator or reps member?

If only you know the power your Senator or Rep possess.
The passport is the property of the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, No Embassy has the right to withhold it.
The Senate will compel the Hon. Minister to look into it.
in any issue like this, you have to copy all relevant authorities.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by GistFullGround: 4:42am On Dec 30, 2018
komodapson:
[/b]pls kindly upgrade to the latest brainapp on play store, the one running is slow...lol

[b]Seriously, I don't dignify a sorry-excuse for a human with a response.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by NNEWIsuper: 7:54am On Dec 30, 2018
tanidabi:
I understand there is a rule that says you enter first the schengen country you applied through.
So if for instance you apply at France embassy for schengen you have to fly first to France.

You can take another flight from France to Belgium or taken a bus .Google flixbus.

I normally apply for Netherlands visa through the French embassy (VFS) .French embassy processes Netherlands visa cos Netherlands visa is in Abuja.

So I fly directly though KLM or AF to Netherlands and take flixbus bus to Belgium.Infact when they ask me at the Amsterdam airport what am doing in ams I always tell them am actually heading to Belgium and I have never had a single problem.It is about 3 hours by road .You can also take a train

If you book bus in time its just about 10 euros.

Belgium is a lovely small country.I have been visiting twice every year since 2016.
I used VFS office for the application...can I actually apply directly through any office it the Schengen zone in Abuja?
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by NNEWIsuper: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2018
tanidabi:

It's up to you.Belgium usually takes time I guess it's just their process.

You can apply at any of the schengen countries. But apply to the favourable ones.If you are going to Belgium do not bother submitting your passport to Belgian embassy cos the first disadvantage is that it will go to Abuja.

Check vfs website and decide but you will not say you are going to Belgium, you can say you are going to France and when you get the visa fly to Belgium. Nobody will arrest you for that. French embassy takes minimum of 15 working days .

Google schengen countries and decide where to apply.
how will you then solve the setback of hotel booking since you will need to show evidence of booked hotel in France and not Belgium since you're going to France first

or let's take for instance my own case where I will stay in a friend's house in Brussels to tour the country..will France embassy accept my tourist stay in Belgium since I claimed I'm going to France..can you help me sort this?
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by tanidabi: 10:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
@Nnewisuper

I believe you can only apply through vfs.You may want too read this up on their website.

As for the hotel booking I will tell you what I do.I book my hotel through booking.com and if my application says am going to France I book an hotel in France if I say am going to Amsterdam I book my hotel in amsterdam.Most of those bookings can be cancelled before you arrive you will see all that on the booking.com site.They normally ask for card details and they will state they are not debiting your money but just holding your card as a guarantee.once I get my visa I cancel the booking sharp cos if you don't they will debit your card on your arrival date.Sometimes I do not even wait till I get the visa I just cancel.I am not sure they verify the booking but you may want to thread softly if it's your first time.
Like I said in my previous msg after the first delay I experienced with Belgium embassy I stopped applying through them.Schengen visa grants you access to all the schengen countries so if you say I am going to France and you end up in Italy it's ok.

2 Likes

Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by ike007(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2018
NNEWIsuper:

it said 4 working weeks except holiday and it's long past that
then write to them telling them about how long it has been.. Or better still go there and make your complaint.
Re: It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! by careerwoman(f): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ok guys... so I stumbled on this thread 14 days after I had submitted my Schegen visa application to Belgium.
I was shook that I didn’t do my research well..
Well, I started sending them mails to expedite my visa since it was past 14 days.
Glory to God, they processed my app within 19 days and returned my passport with visa in it way past my travel dates.
Summary: Belgium Embassy was really efficient and replied my mails very promptly (within minutes, no jokes)
Best experience I’ve had so far.
So if you’re genuine and you have real docs, please don’t get discouraged

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment A Heavy Duty Truck Fell On A Bad Nigerian Highway (pics/video) / Peace Mass Transit Accident: Man Shares His Testimony After Escaping Death / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.