Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,637 members, 7,878,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. (13777 Views)

Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Covenant University Dropout Shares Story Of How Marijuana Is Ruining His Life / "Student Dies After Taking Alcohol, Codeine, Tramadol & Marijuana" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
0monnak0da:
There is no rationality in this

Even food consumption can be pathological and used for comfort or to manage emotional problems in the same dysfunctional way

Paracetamol and codeine ARE medicinal

Medicinal use and RECREATIONAL use are completely different things

Drinking alcohol responsibly and drunkenness are completely different things

With respect your talk about inflaming the hypothalamus is nonsense.

The science of marijuana is too complex to be reduced to a few opinionated moralizing ejaculations

There are all manner of excessive and compulsive behaviour whether it be eating ,masturbation,drinking, use of mobile phones, computers, playing video games etc

whether those behaviours tell us about the subject (individual) ,the object( substance/gadget) is up for inquiry and debate.

What is bizarre is unfounded and opinionated pronouncements inspired by nothing but fluff

In a bid to rush in to display ur diagloging prowess, u have also showed ur half baked knowledged on the biochemical pathways of the action of substances like drugs....
U just confirmed my point, u substance abusers always find a way to justify ur action....we all know too much of everything is bad...even too much water can become lethal....
But the brain process these things separately....the way marijuana, cocaine etc reacts with the opiate receptors is far different from how ordinary food does does it....
Can I ask u a question based on ur points, isnt cocaine medicinal? inst ketamine medicinal?,..they are all in the same category with marijuana, herorine and the likes...why aren't they legal...like tobacco and marijuana
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Not every one can balance life with weed.
I want to assume you've grown above thinking weed is "cool", that's why you smoke.

-If you take it medically, only take it medically.

-Weed isn't a drug per se. You can stop at once, no side effects. Withdrawal is all in your head... Out of sight is out of mind. Let your friends know they can't be around you if they have it or want to get it. Dump those that don't respect you on this, they're fake! better now than later. Bored without it? Sleep, exercise, reflect and plan your growth, whatever. Let the days sha pass. After two weeks of this struggle, the rest is easy. You're now getting adjusted to sober life. Work hard at work, or find work, hustle on your plan, grow, whatever. Live life and just say no to weed.
If you have no problem with weed, still explain your decision to your friends and dump the critics, their influence isn't needed at all. Go through the break above for 1 month+ first, then always remember to control it and not let it control you. Treat it like mature people treat alcohol; in moderation, and to loosen up after a stressful day/week of achievement ONLY. Don't over smoke, like others drink without getting to the state of being drunk. This way you don't build dependency and tolerance. We're humans, if you're loosing control over it, know and break for at least two weeks. Keep something else on mind. I say your goals. Overtime you'll mature up with it, understand it, and live life, with or without it; no change. It's all just a feeling(that shouldn't define you).

-Try tea-ing it only, like someone mentioned. You can still be active that way.

-Exercise. Be busy.

Remember: Discipline is key!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Brunosamel(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
ruggedHawk:
No long talk. Been smoking since I was 16, now I'm 24. I've destroyed beautiful relationships, been in wrong company just because of this plant.

I don't know what sober life feels like anymore. These days I smoke to function, I smoke to be normal.. I need my life back. pls do not bash me. I've done a lot of that to myself. I need help now on how to quit.

Front page pls.. I know there are many others in my shoes.
The only way and the easiest way to kill a habit is set 7 days terget not to smoke keep on doing repeating and make it a priority in sub conscious mind... Avoid friends that smokes....
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by 0monnak0da: 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Brunosamel:
The only way and the easiest way to kill a habit is set 7 days terget

There is no evidence for this nonsense.

How do you kill a habit of talking nonsense??
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by 0monnak0da: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
1StopRudeness:

In a bid to rush in to display ur diagloging prowess, u have also showed ur half baked knowledged on the biochemical pathways of the action of substances like drugs....
U just confirmed my point, u substance abusers always find a way to justify ur action....we all know too much of everything is bad...even too much water can become lethal....
But the brain process these things separately....the way marijuana, cocaine etc reacts with the opiate receptors is far different from how ordinary food does does it....
Can I ask u a question based on ur points, isnt cocaine medicinal? inst ketamine medicinal?,..they are all in the same category with marijuana, herorine and the likes...why aren't they legal...like tobacco and marijuana
You cannot spell and your English is embarrassing and you try to cover up your vacuity with grandiose but empty phrases like "biochemical pathways" , You think that makes you sound knowledgeable.
You mention marijuana and cocaine reacting with opiate receptors again this is breezy brainless bluster.
Cannabis smoke contains dozens of chemicals. The primary active constituent is not an OPIATE and cocaine is definitely not.
If cannabis was indeed an opiate we would expect physical withdrawal symptoms after acute discontinuation

Exactly how are marijuana and cocaine or ketamine in the "SAME CATEGORY" what category is this?
Why aren;t they legal? You ask "like tobacco and marijuana" you are contradicting yourself and sound incoherent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
0monnak0da:
You cannot spell and your English is embarrassing and you try to cover up your vacuity with grandiose but empty phrases like "biochemical pathways" , You think that makes you sound knowledgeable.
You mention marijuana and cocaine reacting with opiate receptors again this is breezy brainless bluster.
Cannabis smoke contains dozens of chemicals. The primary active constituent is not an OPIATE and cocaine is definitely not.
If cannabis was indeed an opiate we would expect physical withdrawal symptoms after acute discontinuation

Exactly how are marijuana and cocaine or ketamine in the "SAME CATEGORY" what category is this?
Why aren;t they legal? You ask "like tobacco and marijuana" you are contradicting yourself and sound incoherent.

Please go and get journals on science direct and nature and read for urself publications marijuana usage

And u keep asking.....are they not all under the umbrella of "drug and substance" that people easily abuse.??
..look... a chunk of ur comment are full of insults ..first u say I can't spell, like seriously are we writting an IELTS or TOEFL exam here, is that suppose to be a point scoring move??
..then u come off with biochemical pathway...is that suppose to be some huge jargon everyone can't understand...guy or babe...mention me when u want to dialogue and learn from each other. Ur showoff is becoming a irritating...and I don't mean that as an insult
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Brunosamel(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
0monnak0da:

There is no evidence for this nonsense.

How do you kill a habit of talking nonsense??
didn't you see repetition in my quote, did I concluded its only 7 days, set a target for 7 days on a particular task and stick with it inside your subconscious mind... When you complete it, you reward yourself and do it again and again.... It is easiest cuz It works for me... I use it to break my addiction...
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by 0monnak0da: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
Brunosamel:
didn't you see repetition in my quote, did I concluded its only 7 days, set a target for 7 days on a particular task and stick with it inside your subconscious mind... When you complete it, you reward yourself and do it again and again.... It is easiest cuz It works for me... I use it to break my addiction...
I am sure it works for you but na so your addictions plenty reach?

Anyway my issue is with the word ONLY

there are dozens of approaches that work for different people in different situations
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Dollywood(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2018
You have to promise your self you and take the right step

Determine never to smoke again
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by prince049(m): 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lizilicious:
Simple steps:

1: Bring all ur kush to my house.

2: Don't forget the raz
Lol....na your type dey run
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 03, 2019
Emceesaka:
Please come to Shitta for Surulere for Baana's place we go teach you how to stop smoking marijuana. Thank me later

are you serious..
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by boysn(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
Try hempworx Cbd oil... it is tested and trusted.. it helps against all types of addiction ... I have living testimonies ... contact me for more info on 08065902259
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by Notyourfriend: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2022
storm001:
Seeking for help is the first step to recovery.
recovering from substance use may not be effective on one contact.
am a psychologist
Call or whatsapp me on 09063899861.
i can also link you with psychologist in your state.

Are you still available ?
Re: I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. by storm001(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Notyourfriend:

Are you still available ?

Yes I am.

Contact me via WhatsApp with 07025663617

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? / Please Where Can I Find Biotin And Keratin In Nigeria? / COVID-19 Update For January 29 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.