Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,025 members, 7,919,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:57 AM

Latest 419 By Girls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Latest 419 By Girls (2322 Views)

Is This The New Green Light Invented By Girls? (18+) / Top Five Phrases Used By Girls To Friendzone Boys / Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest 419 By Girls by NaijaNaWaa: 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2010
In the past one year, three friends have been scammed by girls using the same method. I want to draw the attention of Nairalanders to this latest scam so that you don't fall a victim.

It goes like this. You meet a girl in say, Lagos or PortHarcourt and you reside in Abuja (or, vice versa). You invite her to visit you and she agrees but asks that you send her money for transport or Air Fare depending on your "levels" or hers. And because you really want to get down with her, you collect her account number and deposit the cash into her account. Say between N5,000.00 to N30,000.00 as the case may be. As soon as she confirms that the cash is in her account, she would come up with a hundred and ten excuses: she's ON. Her dad, or mom or sister is very sick. She will come tomorrow or next week. And in very extreme cases, she would resort to threats and blackmail, if you're a married man or a VIP.

Nairalanders are hereby warned to beware of this sort of scam. If possible arrange transport for her. Buy the ticket your self and seek means of cancelling it or redeeming it if she fails to come. Arrange with a transport company to collect the fare from you and reserve a seat for her when she comes to the park.

Don't send money to any girl to visit you under no circumstances unless you've known her and trusts that she will come as arranged.

Be wise, don't fall a victim.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by 1105(f): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2010
We have heard,
@Least people like dobodobo would no longer
loose N15,000 to girls again~

Anyway i can never fall a victim 2 such trash
if i send a girl some money to come over and she refuses 2 come
I would simply conclude that she's one hungry little B to the itch
that needed that money in order to survive and i saved her!
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by Faher(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2010
@OP

correct analysis.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by iice(f): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2010
I really don't get the whole 'throw' money her way for transport/lodgings/feeding/daily rental erhhh allowance/hair. . .the whole works. You invite someone to visit. . .it's, i believe a mutual interest to see each other. You can offer to put her up for the duration of stay but where is her own contribution if she wants to see you too? Even my bf back in the day go try get me ticket. . .i go just ignore am, get my own ticket.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by Acidosis(m): 1:59am On Aug 08, 2010
Na wa o. .
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by 5p1naz(m): 2:34am On Aug 08, 2010
iice:

I really don't get the whole 'throw' money her way for transport/lodgings/feeding/daily rental erhhh allowance/hair. . .the whole works. You invite someone to visit. . .it's, i believe a mutual interest to see each other. You can offer to put her up for the duration of stay but where is her own contribution if she wants to see you too? Even my bf back in the day go try get me ticket. . .i go just ignore am, get my own ticket.

eiii u dey see ur body too much ooooo, . . too much ego, ride on jare
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by okenwa(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2010
i have seen such deception before, pls let no one send any money. infact allow the person to incure the first transportation cost, then u will know he/she is serious
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 08, 2010
This isn't a new ruse employed by 419'rs. It's existed almost as long as YIM itself has. Anyone who falls prey to such an obvious con is a stone jerk. If your mind's not over-focused on "getting down with a stranger", you'd see the snare, and avoid it too.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by slex(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2010
Siena:

This isn't a new ruse employed by 419'rs. It's existed almost as long as YIM itself has. Anyone who falls prey to such an obvious con is a stone jerk. If your mind's not over-focused on "getting down with a stranger", you'd see the snare, and avoid it too.

thumbs up
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by iice(f): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2010
5p1naz:

eiii u dey see your body too much ooooo, . . too much ego, ride on jare

What? I'm supposed to flutter because someone has money?
Like that is supposed to mean anything undecided
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by chelseabmw(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2010
@post
this one na old gist na
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by ukcatlover(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2010
Why will anyone on earth go into business without face to face. Wow some girls are now what? Dating Girls or what? Since they called boys Yahoo Boys. No offence cool
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by occam(m): 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2010
great! now I can add this to my watch list of 419 fraud, along with email scams, fake job offer,  grin but em, what do I call this one? any ideas, so i can update my list quickly
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by infobut(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2010
Why not call it "Visit me Girls" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by deniyor: 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2010
Don't see why girls can't pay their own tfare if they really want to go see a guy. Otherwise if the guy must pay (all or part of) the tfare, he should let the girl pay first, and refund later when she shows up. Works perfect for me esp when the girl is ON or smth cos my cash might also be OFF or smth.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by nex(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2010
I don't know how people can treat this as news. It's common sense.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by double08(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2010
street life
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by omega25red(m): 1:49am On Aug 10, 2010
the questions you all should ask yourselves is why you keep on dating no level girls who ask you for money? why not date a girl who is doing something for her self why do yall have to chase the chiken heads that walk down the streets of nigeria and while thinking with the head between your legs you end up emptying your accounts?

can someone tell me
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by Tosinville(m): 4:44am On Aug 10, 2010
Well i think ima give away million bucks.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by gentlestar(m): 6:27am On Aug 10, 2010
It's a common sense but not common to some dumb guys. Let me just put it straight. Some guys are really blinded dreaming, being eager doin anything for a girl to meet her. They need to cool down. Those girls sometime starts with recharge card. This is no new.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by snthesis(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2010
maga don pay!
it actually shows d person level of desperation-
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by frankcj(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2010
Thanks for the update, this not just recharge card trick we know them for.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2010
well, some girls do this sha. the recharge-card ones are more common.
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by wales(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2010
My guy do you need to import grin grin grin
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by akwaowoudo(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2010
Must one invite everything on skirt; simply on grounds that one had her pieces of contact?
Re: Latest 419 By Girls by Orikinla(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

Girls like you no longer exist in Nigeria.

The only Nigerian girl like you I had as a friend in the mid 1990s was Somina from the University of Port Harcourt in Rivers State.
She was God sent.
Such noble ladies no longer exist in Nigeria.

Na runs babes full naija now. Just love em as you find them or leave em.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love / How Romantic Are Ngerian Ldies / Poor Girls Always Mess Relationship Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.