Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel (1609 Views)

I Am An Actor From Ghana , Not A Ghanaian Actor- Majid Michel - / Throwback Photo Of Annie Idibia And Wyclef In 2005 / Majid Michel’s Wife, Virna And Daughters (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by rockers: 5:45am On Aug 08, 2010
http://www./2010/08/why-i-wont-support-wyclef-pras-michel.html
Fellow wyclef’s fugees member ,Pras michel finally gives his reasons for not supporting wyclef’s presidential ambition during a TV interview,but we wrote it out . Read below.
"I just think that the other candidates are better,more qualified, more suitable than wyclef at this point,just because he has the prominence,doesn’t mean he has the experience,things as simple as ,i saw him the other day,i didn’t get the real sense of like what was the real plan for haiti. Haiti needs what i call a short term plan and a long term plan ,we got 1.2 million people living in tent city rightnow,what are the plans to get these people out of this tent city and then to regular civilization,he didnt address those issues ,he didn’t adress about what is this long term ,everything he said was basically (It is general plans ,general ideas that he has. i didnt get the sense like this is someone that is gonna take haiti to 21st century .It is a bit easier for me to just say i support wyclef ,but i just dont support his policies .I dont see anything ,for me its not about wyclef ,not about sense of entitlement ,its about the people ,cos at the end of the day,wyclef gonna get on his private jet,fly back to the state , Pras is gonna get on his commercial jet ,fly back to the state ,and we go to our homes ,but the people still got to live in the tent."

Read more: http://www./2010/08/why-i-wont-support-wyclef-pras-michel.html#ixzz0vzDlUo4A

Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by semid4lyfe(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2010
Don't think Wyclef & Pras parted on good terms.

What he said is true sha.
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by aieromon(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2010
Wyclef has nothin' to offer or does he think he's about to enter a reality show?
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by puskin: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2010
Praz just made his opinion. . . .right or wrong. . .let him talk.
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by semid4lyfe(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2010
puskin:

Praz just made his opinion. . . .right or wrong. . .let him talk.
Typical puskin. . .always sitting on the fence grin grin
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 10, 2010
Well said Pras! cheesy
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2010
aieromon:

Wyclef has nothin' to offer or does he think he's about to enter a reality show?
.                                    U never can tell, never judge a book by it cover
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by Ignatio(m): 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
Good point. May add more bile 2 their relationship? By the way what does he mean when he said " wyclef gonna get on his private jet,fly back to the state , Pras is gonna get on his commercial jet ,fly back to the state".
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by bawomolo(m): 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
he is right but there is a little beef among the two
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by mamagee3(f): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
Can anyone tell me who pras is?

He seems to be unpopular here in the U.S.
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Can anyone tell me who pras is?

He seems to be unpopular here in the U.S.

I don't think you got there on time.
Pras was popular as Wyclef's sidekick in the hip-hop group The Fugees in the mid 90s.
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by thameamead(f): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2010
The Holllywoog actor Sean Penn was not singinG praises of Wyclef either, he questioned Wyclef's motives neither was he happy with the way Wyclef was always in a entourage flying on a private jet to Haiti to make personal appearanec and flying out the same day, make of what you will about Sean Penn but he is sort of right, I remember him during Hurricane Kartina physically helping out the residents on a boat, I wonder where the likes of Wyclef were, probably in their million pound homes in Florida,

Wyclef is a lot of hot air, its all spin, he should stick to singing, whatever happened to his GELE charirty Foundation?hmmm
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2010
He did the same the day he announced his presidency. He flew there, announced it, and then returned to the US lol.
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by rockers: 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
Eastbay:

I don't think you got there on time.
Pras was popular as Wyclef's sidekick in the hip-hop group The Fugees in the mid 90s.
grin grin grin
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by thameamead(f): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2010
He was interviwed on Al-Jeezera last week, he was cocky and arrogrant with no policies whatsoever, he should stick to what he knows best - , singing and producing. How can a man whose whose charity foundation - YELE- was mis-managed by an unamed accountant run a country like Haiti, I would like to know how the $9M raised for his charity foundation was spent, I would like to meet the 70 children the charity apparently helped out. I remember him crying during a press conference during the Haiti diaster, I bet it was crocodile tears, am sick to death of celebrities pretending they care about the poor,
Re: Why I Wont Support Wyclef -pras Michel by hackney(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2010
I commend wyclef's passion for his people but im not sure he knows
what he's getting himself into.

Well, hopefully his desire to help will over-ride his lack of administrative capacity.
Hope he wins sha as the so called experienced ones have failed all over the 3rd world

(1) (Reply)

14 Year Old Kid Lectures Peter Okoye Of Psquare On Twitter / Gov. Akapbio Supports Annie’s Relatives Who Cannot Afford Dubai Wedding | Tuface / Chika Ike Gets N5million To Cut Her Hair In New Movie (PICURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.