Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,208 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:38 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2254027 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
LadyIE:
Good day house, please does anyone have a contact in Lagos that can help process driving abstract for me? I mean the document that shows the number of years I’ve been driving in Nigeria so I can use this in Canada. Thank you

I posted the following info here on Nairaland 3 years ago. Not sure if it is still relevant.

To get the FRSC letter, You can follow the following steps:

1st step - Send an email with your driver's license details to the FRSC Abuja Office requesting a FRSC letter or driving record.
You are more likely NOT to receive a reply from the FRSC Abuja office.

2nd step- Follow up your email by contacting this Abuja FRSC Employee (Sule - phone number 2348033795031)
Sule will access the FRSC Database and will write for you the FRSC letter.
I was also told that the Service provided by Sule is free of charge . The only money you will send to him is for the shipment of the FRSC letter to

20 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by rheene009: 1:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Hi nairalanders, please i'm looking for single room or master bedroom around Fanshawe college london Ontario. I have checked facebook market and kijiji, it's difficult to find a single room or master bedroom to rent because it's just my 7 month old baby and i. Please if you reside in london, Ontario please share any leads or contact. thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GoldenCrown1160: 5:28am On Dec 13, 2021
I don't think it's true, I currently live in Brampton and nothing like that.
seunpinky:
Hi guys,

Pls I would like to hear opinions about living in Brampton.

Backstory:
Been seeing some good housing deals in Brampton but most of my friends here are warning against buying in Brampton.

They sight issues such as high insurance costs, too many Indians/Asian community, high crime rates etc?

Please are all these tru or just mere say or biased mindset towards d area or racis* towards people from that part of the world.

Abeg make una talk ooo... Would also like to hear more from people living there currently.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2021
AyabaS:

That’s why the bags are not free, the charge is to discourage people. I ain’t about to pay any extra money, no matter how small, so I take mine from home.
It's such a small charge many can afford it. A better idea would simply be to use paper bags or simply encourage people to come with their reusable bags by asking them to.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by miolad20(m): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lol. The cashiers are just used to it. E don become habit ni. No vex grin grin
irijuola:
I don come again with my gist
I'm getting used to cashiers asking me "do you need a bag" after making a purchase. ... I for don give am one sarcastic answer like this: the bag too small for pen o. If u get suitcase, make u give me cos pen can be very heavy cool. ...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by STRICK00: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello guys,

2 bedroom apartment available for sublet from January to May 2022 at Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is Close to the University of Manitoba and has a bus park in front.

You can also rent one bedroom individually
Contact me on WhatsApp 0815794434.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Okunzy: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello pls after getting this email after remark. Did your score change
Remicynt:
Good day everyone, I need advise I am certain I am not the first and won't be the last that is having this challenge. I am presently collating our documents we are due to submit next week but I have an issue with bank statement.. my spouse i.e my husband is unaccompanied but all our funds are in his fixed deposit account.. I intend submitting his statement and also notarizing a letter to show the funds are accessible to me and my son when we are ready to travel.. please i need the opinion of the house as you are more experienced.. your input will be greatly appreciated

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Glodmovick(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2021
bekayy:
Ahn ahn. You don abuse our certificate finish. How people dey do 2nd degree for abroad before?

Thanks for your response
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CAD2019: 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
Hi everyone, my family and I landed Ontario few days ago, we are currently in an airbnb and urgently need a place to rent in Ontario. Anywhere in Ontario that is a bit close to Toronto will be ok.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:18am On Dec 15, 2021
Leant in 4 days grin. Go out try it too

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2021
ednut1:
Leant in 4 days grin. Go out try it too
Bros.... Long tym o.. U just forget us here, How u dey?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2021
TheCongo2:

I posted the following info here on Nairaland 3 years ago. Not sure if it is still relevant.

1st step - Send an email with your driver's license details to the FRSC Abuja Office requesting a FRSC letter or driving record.

2nd step- Follow up your email by contacting this Abuja FRSC Employee (Sule - phone number 2348033795031)
I was also told that the Service provided by Sule is free of charge . The only money you will send to him is for the shipment of the FRSC letter to
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2021
TheCongo2:

My brother got a letter issued by nigeria embassy in ottawa for his driver licence experience and it was accepted..you just need to call the embasy and all be done via registered mail,the whole process is explained on the embassy website

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:08am On Dec 15, 2021
Ask4bigneyo:

Bros.... Long tym o.. U just forget us here, How u dey?
we dey push am
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2021
ednut1:
Ice skating. Don’t complain Canada is boring o
This guy just dey enjoy life . God wetin dey sup now embarassed
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Deltayankeeboi: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2021
Hello house please can one become a US or Canadian citizen or permanent resident just through visit or tourist visa?

Is it also possible to change status to a work visa while on visiting visa?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2021
ednut1:
we dey push am
E good oo.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Differentiate:

This guy just dey enjoy life . God wetin dey sup now embarassed
Abi now, this life no balance at all. Make Gos help us too
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
Deltayankeeboi:
Hello house please can one become a US or Canadian citizen or permanent resident just through visit or tourist visa?

Is it also possible to change status to a work visa while on visiting visa?
for Canada its very hard getting visitors visa if you dont have strong ties back home and show you have reasons to return back home. During this covid era they made a waiver, if you get a job as a visitor in the country you can apply for work permit, wasnt possible before as you need to exit the country first. But the chances of finding a job on that visit visa is less than 1% by the way. 10 years ago things like that was easy in the usa, these days they have made it harder but people still find way like using marriage

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MMAJU: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
D
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canadahome: 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
MMAJU:
Good morning family, please I have a very challenging problem I am facing. I was given an ITA in Saskatchewan province, I am required to have a close relative over their. Please, I will need a help, I need someone that can stand for me as a close relative in Saskatchewan province. Please email me via izuchukwu.mmaju@yahoo.com. if you really want to assist me. Thanks.

So, someone that you do not know to stand as relative for you just like that?

Oga Izuu! Zukwanuike! This thing you are about to do is it good? It will further cause issues for people that have genuine relatives in Sask.

Just to look for genuine ways to improve your score like learning French. I come in peace.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Glodmovick(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
ednut1:
Winter activities
1. Ice skating
2. Ice fishing
3. Skiing and snow boarding.

Tried ice skating yesterday.

Nice
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tmeeto: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
adeakin:
for Canada its very hard getting visitors visa if you dont have strong ties back home and show you have reasons to return back home. During this covid era they made a waiver, if you get a job as a visitor in the country you can apply for work permit, wasnt possible before as you need to exit the country first. But the chances of finding a job on that visit visa is less than 1% by the way. 10 years ago things like that was easy in the usa, these days they have made it harder but people still find way like using marriage

Hey, please do you know the process of applying for a work permit as a visitor that already has a job offer? I have some confusion with the LMIA and LMIA exempt part.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2021
tmeeto:

Hey, please do you know the process of applying for a work permit as a visitor that already has a job offer? I have some confusion with the LMIA and LMIA exempt part.
no
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2021
MMAJU:
Good morning family, please I have a very challenging problem I am facing. I was given an ITA in Saskatchewan province, I am required to have a close relative over their. Please, I will need a help, I need someone that can stand for me as a close relative in Saskatchewan province. Please email me via if you really want to assist me. Thanks.
even put an email with your name. Usa immigration has a Nairaland account, you think Canada visa officers are not here Later when they start coming for Nigerians una go dey cry. There is no one that will risk his PR or criminal record by standing for you. You chose in your application you had relatives got the 20 points thereby denying a genuine person ita.Stop this stupidity

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fluxyn(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
rheene009:
Hi nairalanders, please i'm looking for single room or master bedroom around Fanshawe college london Ontario. I have checked facebook market and kijiji, it's difficult to find a single room or master bedroom to rent because it's just my 7 month old baby and i. Please if you reside in london, Ontario please share any leads or contact. thank you

Hello. I stay in London Ontario and I think Kijiji is still the best place to check. But if you need to call them or have a look at the house, you can reach out to me and I would be happy to help you with that.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by otokx(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
adeakin:
even put an email with your name. Usa immigration has a Nairaland account, you think Canada visa officers are not here Later when they start coming for Nigerians una go dey cry. There is no one that will risk his PR or criminal record by standing for you. You chose in your application you had relatives got the 20 points thereby denying a genuine person ita.Stop this stupidity

It is actually wickedness
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hoodboy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
Please what’s the way to get the best USD to CAD Rate
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by STRICK00: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2021
hoodboy:
Please what’s the way to get the best USD to CAD Rate

Use Knightsbridge exchange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by STRICK00: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2021
Hello my people,

My fathers wants to send me BTA from nigeria. However, I am currently in canada

What banks can he use that will allow him use CBN rate to send me money?

I will appreciate suggestions and inputs

Happy Friday!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hoodboy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
STRICK00:

Use Knightsbridge exchange

thanks a lot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by STRICK00: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (725) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Thefarmer3, willyblinx(m), Bb007, affoncad, ednut1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.