Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,645 members, 7,878,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:37 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2244445 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (720) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DaSugarBoi(m): 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2022
Jenny255:
Hello everyone,
Please for those that travelled recently or previously, what option did you pick here on the arrive can portal?

Beans, crayfish, stock fish and dry fish are part of the items that are in the luggages.

Select NO
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Solidcitizen: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
Please is it advisable to travel in December? Already have COPR and trying to book flight now, but I need to sort out some things in Nigeria between now and December. I’m worried because of the possible weather situation, as I will be traveling with a toddler

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Laveve: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
Good day, so i will be moving to Canada by December with my family , basically family of 3 and i need some clarifications on luggage packing to avoid unnecessary spending's.

How many bags or boxes is expected from a family of 3? was thinking 2 each for adult then 1 for a toddler, I need more clarifications.
Should there be a separate sack for foodstuffs aside boxes i mean the normal 'Ghana must go'?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adeekunle25: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2022
Hello, can I get Anyone in Crandall university New Brunswick province. I’m a student of Crandall university
I’ll be resuming by January 2023.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Smart231: 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OlumisiI: 5:17am On Aug 11, 2022
Godtemi:
Please guys, is it possible the principal applicant to enter a day before the accompanying spouse?

Principal applicant want to enter Canada from Nigeria on Tuesday.

Accompanying spouse coming from Netherlands on Thursday.

Yes it is. The only thing not possible is for the spouse or any of the dependents to land before the PA

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2022
Avoid Ghana must go. Even if you must carry food stuff use a normal travelling box. Call your airline to know what you are entitled to.
Laveve:
Good day, so i will be moving to Canada by December with my family , basically family of 3 and i need some clarifications on luggage packing to avoid unnecessary spending's.

How many bags or boxes is expected from a family of 3? was thinking 2 each for adult then 1 for a toddler, I need more clarifications.
Should there be a separate sack for foodstuffs aside boxes i mean the normal 'Ghana must go'?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 7:44am On Aug 11, 2022
Solidcitizen:
Please is it advisable to travel in December? Already have COPR and trying to book flight now, but I need to sort out some things in Nigeria between now and December. I’m worried because of the possible weather situation, as I will be traveling with a toddler

The snow would have been back that period and would be very cold. It would be easier if you had someone in Canada to support you in looking for houses and some little run-around. You might not find it funny because of the cold, which you are not yet used to. If you can wait it out till March/April, the weather would be tolerable by then and not as cold as November to February, but that does not mean you can't travel in December; just giving you an idea of what to expect. Another option would be to come earlier than December when the weather won't yet be intensely cold.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by favourdamsel: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2022
Hello, please why should one avoid Ghana must go bags for carrying some of your items? Especially the foodstuffs. Please is Ghana must go bag not allowed as part of your laugage.
I weighed only my empty traveling box is about 9kg without putting my item.
I wanted to use Ghana must go bag as my 2nd laugage for packing my foodstuffs to 23kg so as to max the weight.

Please really need more answers on this Ghana must go bag ?
megastu:
Avoid Ghana must go. Even if you must carry food stuff use a normal travelling box. Call your airline to know what you are entitled to.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2022
olasubomy:

The snow would have been back that period and would be very cold. It would be easier if you had someone in Canada to support you in looking for houses and some little run-around. You might not find it funny because of the cold, which you are not yet used to. If you can wait it out till March/April, the weather would be tolerable by then and not as cold as November to February, but that does not mean you can't travel in December; just giving you an idea of what to expect. Another option would be to come earlier than December when the weather won't yet be intensely cold.
depending on the province too. Some are not that cold. Last year December 20 in Toronto i was still wearing my fall jacket . And houses are cheaper and easier to rent in winter too. Just dress well and dont be too picky. Person fit choose one house after viewing like 3. Not those people that view 15 houses before they can chose one.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by portablesuzy: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2022
Good day house pls for how long will someone wait to get a response from SINP after application has been submitted. thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by portablesuzy: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2022
how can I claim points for two or more certificates. a Bsc and a PGD. But the PGD Is not in line with my job description but my Bsc does, which have already done . byt can i still claim points for the PGD
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Solidcitizen: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2022
olasubomy:

Thanks Fam
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Solidcitizen: 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2022
ednut1:
depending on the province too. Some are not that cold. Last year December 20 in Toronto i was still wearing my fall jacket . And houses are cheaper and easier to rent in winter too. Just dress well and dont be too picky. Person fit choose one house after viewing like 3. Not those people that view 15 houses before they can chose one.

This is great to hear. Actually landing in Toronto, so we should be fine.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2022
Someone's U.S visa was cancelled because she used Ghana must go to pack items and upon secondary inspection, they determined that the items were for sale in America. The person is here on Nairaland. Ghana must go just opens you up for serious scrutiny, especially when you have it full of foodstuff. You can use it anyway.
favourdamsel:
Hello, please why should one avoid Ghana must go bags for carrying some of your items? Especially the foodstuffs. Please is Ghana must go bag not allowed as part of your laugage.
I wanted to use Ghana must go bag as my 2nd laugage for packing my foodstuffs to 23kg so as to max the weight.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2022
favourdamsel:

Why are you travelling with so much foodstuff? Are you going to a camp where there is little food?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2022
Laveve:

You can ship the items and pick them up when you get here.

Unless, it is absolutely necessary to go with that much foodstuff, I would say reduce the quantity.

Also, you may want to check what food items are allowed in before you pack them bags only to have them tossed.

https://inspection.canada.ca/food-safety-for-consumers/bringing-food-into-canada-for-personal-use/eng/1389630031549/1389630282362#tab2

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
favourdamsel:

get musibau bags.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2022
CountVersailles:

Why are you travelling with so much foodstuff? Are you going to a camp where there is little food?
But what is your problem with people wanting to travel with food? Did they use your money? Buzz off please!

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olalekan9320(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2022
Macy4real200:
Thank you. Someone told me that I can collect from them should I need it. I was just curious to know if it will be a problem if I eventually collect it.

Yes, you can do so, no problem at all

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:28am On Aug 12, 2022
CountVersailles:

Same l want to ask ,why all this loading container of food

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 1:05am On Aug 12, 2022
House34:

Same l want to ask ,why all this loading container of food
Ask and they'll say you are a hater. Someone keeps packing food in Ghana-must-go bags like where they are going is Siberia...

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purespikes: 2:35am On Aug 12, 2022
olasubomy:

Send me an e-mail and I would share info regarding areas you can search.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bezimo(m): 2:49am On Aug 12, 2022
ednut1:
Ottawa sight seeing after renewal of 9ja passport

I want to renew my passport.How was the process for you..
I hear no booklets.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:47am On Aug 12, 2022
bezimo:

I want to renew my passport.How was the process for you..
I hear no booklets.
they have booklets, clearing backlogs. Cleared first week of july last friday. Updates on their Instagram page

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 4:01am On Aug 12, 2022
ednut1:
they have booklets, clearing backlogs. Cleared first week of july last friday. Updates on their Instagram page
Ten years? $50? Next year I'd want my next renewal to have 10-yr validity together with applying for the first Canadian passport. I believe you saw that [b]fire and water place [/b]at the parliament! C'est magnifique !

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dailybox: 4:01am On Aug 12, 2022
Toceen2022:

Please, do you know about British Columbia as well?
Thank you
I'm not sure about BC, but i don't think it'll be needed, you should be okay with just the Nigeria driver's license.....except for Ontario.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2022
aestake:

Ten years? $50? Next year I'd want my next renewal to have 10-yr validity together with applying for the first Canadian passport. I believe you saw that [b]fire and water place [/b]at the parliament! C'est magnifique !
no 10 years in Canada its 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2022
portablesuzy:
how can I claim points for two or more certificates. a Bsc and a PGD. But the PGD Is not in line with my job description but my Bsc does, which have already done . byt can i still claim points for the PGD
check page 1 of the right thread. It’s literally there. Most of the questions being asked have been answered severally. People should use the search button https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2022
ednut1:
no 10 years in Canada its 5
Chai. Na to leave am until when I enter Naija again....if there is still Naija.

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (720) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: skyisthelimit(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.