Stats: 3,170,856 members, 7,879,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2245173 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (720) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 6:56am On Apr 30, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

Was this recognized when u went for your G license because I heard it's only extracts they consider

I don't think you require any extract, just go with your naija driver licence, your insurance might be a bit high until you get your Canadian licence.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by letsfarmnigeria: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2023
Marpol:

I don't think you require any extract, just go with your naija driver licence, your insurance might be a bit high until you get your Canadian licence.

Nigeria drivers license need an extract with ur Nigerian licence it will give you an experience of 1 year before you can go for G but with extract from G 1 you just go to test for G

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

Nigeria drivers license need an extract with ur Nigerian licence it will give you an experience of 1 year before you can go for G but with extract from G 1 you just go to test for G

My wife did not go with any extract and she drove with her Nigerian licence until she did the written and physical examination and got her licence.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sayo007: 5:03am On May 01, 2023
Please we need someone to share a room in Calgary Canada if your interested kindly send a message
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ChiefVal: 5:55am On May 01, 2023
I moved my dog to Canada with me after several months! If anyone was wondering how to do it, I’ll just summarise here. I struggled to get info when I wanted to do it, hence this summary.
My dog is a small dog, so it was easier, there’s more restrictions for dogs over 8kg (carrier weight included).
What you need
1. Export permit, microchip and all vaccination certificates and records. (I got all these from my vet for about 80k). The quarantine section at MMIA will collect the export permit and ask you to pay 5k to affix some strap to your dog carrier.
2. An airline approved bag/carrier to fit your pet. If you dog is a big dog, they’ll send you to cargo department.
3. Inform your airline while booking your ticket to add your pet on your trip. I went with ET airline so I paid USD150 as the fee to add my dog to my ticket. This fee is payable upon checkin at the airport. I initially booked KLM but they won’t carry your pet if your stopover is over 3 hours plus they have some restrictions on certain kinds of planes as well.
4. Declare your pet when you arrive Canada. (I landed YYZ so I don’t know about any other airports) You’ll pay a fee of about CAD37 at the airport declaration place.

Hope this helps someone! grin

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 6:51am On May 01, 2023
ChiefVal:
I moved my dog to Canada with me after several months! If anyone was wondering how to do it, I’ll just summarise here. I struggled to get info when I wanted to do it, hence this summary.
My dog is a small dog, so it was easier, there’s more restrictions for dogs over 8kg (carrier weight included).

Lucky Dog! Now automatically a Canadian Citizen cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 6:58am On May 01, 2023
Marpol:

My wife did not go with any extract and she drove with her Nigerian licence until she did the written and physical examination and got her licence.

Hi. Please I recently got my G1 license, I have my driving license from Nigeria tho just expired. Can I go for my G license without the extract?? How did your wife got her G and where pls?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 9:08am On May 01, 2023
Bless4real291:

Hi. Please I recently got my G1 license, I have my driving license from Nigeria tho just expired. Can I go for my G license without the extract?? How did your wife got her G and where pls?

With expired licence I don't know if that will be acceptable. She's in NB.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ChiefVal: 11:53am On May 01, 2023
Bless4real291:

I know Ontario didn’t accept expired license from me even with an extract, not sure about others. Also, they didn’t accept a valid license without extract too.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 1:26pm On May 01, 2023
Marpol:

With expired licence I don't know if that will be acceptable. She's in NB.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 1:27pm On May 01, 2023
ChiefVal:

I know Ontario didn’t accept expired license from me even with an extract, not sure about others. Also, they didn’t accept a valid license without extract too.

But since I have been issued G1 if I am able to get the extract I shouldn't have a problem.

What do you think
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 3:48pm On May 01, 2023
Afolavid:

Lucky Dog! Now automatically a Canadian Citizen cheesy
If to say african jazz dey work now, this is a strategy to start transporting relatives. Just turn them to dog in Naija and turn back in YYZ grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 3:50pm On May 01, 2023
NuCypher:

If to say african jazz dey work now, this is a strategy to start transporting relatives. Just turn them to dog in Naija and turn back in YYZ grin

I swear, nothing like POF for this one

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fruitartist: 3:31am On May 02, 2023
ChiefVal:
What you need
1. Export permit, microchip and all vaccination certificates and records. (I got all these from my vet for about 80k). The quarantine section at MMIA will collect the export permit and ask you to pay 5k to affix some strap to your dog carrier.
2. An airline approved bag/carrier to fit your pet. If you dog is a big dog, they’ll send you to cargo department.
3. Inform your airline while booking your ticket to add your pet on your trip. I went with ET airline so I paid USD150 as the fee to add my dog to my ticket. This fee is payable upon checkin at the airport. I initially booked KLM but they won’t carry your pet if your stopover is over 3 hours plus they have some restrictions on certain kinds of planes as well.
4. Declare your pet when you arrive Canada. (I landed YYZ so I don’t know about any other airports) You’ll pay a fee of about CAD37 at the airport declaration place.

Wow! Congratulations to your dog!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 11:01am On May 02, 2023
Any recommendations for affordable cloud computing *live* training be it on-site(Calgary) or online-specifically Amazon Web Services?
Also any advice for a beginner in this field?
P.S: Already started a Udemy AWS practitioner course,but I feel a live training will benefit me much better.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by letsfarmnigeria: 10:27pm On May 02, 2023
Marpol:

Which province in Canada is your wife driving with Nigerian licence
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by letsfarmnigeria: 10:29pm On May 02, 2023
Bless4real291:

From G1 without extract you will need a G2 to drive you can't go from G1 to G without extract

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 10:33pm On May 02, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

He stated it is New Brunswick
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by letsfarmnigeria: 10:40pm On May 02, 2023
tenderjunkie:

He stated it is New Brunswick

See below

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 5:57am On May 03, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

From G1 without extract you will need a G2 to drive you can't go from G1 to G without extract

Thank you. Will they allow me to do the G2 road rest with an expired 9ja license
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 6:48am On May 03, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

NB

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AfolabiShotunde: 8:22am On May 03, 2023
Hello house. Pls has anyone been able to fill an online application for canada express entry profile recently? i am having issues with it. It is always bringing up error message that the online service is currently down. This has been so for several weeks on . Second, i need a platform to join for people intending to immigrate to canada. Please help me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nexxy001: 9:20am On May 03, 2023
It's the network try to refresh every time. You can get a better connection as well as change your browser
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lesbihornest(f): 9:42am On May 03, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 12:09pm On May 03, 2023
Omobolarin:
Hi guys,
Does anyone know the waiting time to get Nigerian passport renewed in ottawa

Do you mean time between when you get captured and when you receive the passport? Mine took 6 weeks earlier this year. Their printing machine was bad though. May have been quicker otherwise.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 3:43pm On May 03, 2023
It was not at all.
letsfarmnigeria:

Was this recognized when u went for your G license because I heard it's only extracts they consider
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2023
Bless4real291:

Thank you. Will they allow me to do the G2 road rest with an expired 9ja license
you don't need Nigerian license to do G2. Just wait for the 1 year gap.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by letsfarmnigeria: 6:25pm On May 03, 2023
Bless4real291:

Yes the only thing is that if it's possible go with extract and don't bring out the license so u can go for G direct because if you present an expired Nigerian license although they will see your yrs of experience but they will want to treat you like a new driver so your yrs of experience may not count but if your lucky or your able to explain to them that you are waiting for the renewal then all is well because the only function of your Nigerian license during the test is just to show you have been driving nothing more it's the extract they put in their file

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:14pm On May 03, 2023
Hello guys I arrived London Ontario last week for Fanshawe. If you are also in the city, I wouldn't mind connecting
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 6:03am On May 04, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

Yes the only thing is that if it's possible go with extract and don't bring out the license so u can go for G direct because if you present an expired Nigerian license although they will see your yrs of experience but they will want to treat you like a new driver so your yrs of experience may not count but if your lucky or your able to explain to them that you are waiting for the renewal then all is well because the only function of your Nigerian license during the test is just to show you have been driving nothing m
ore it's the extract they put in their file

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 6:32am On May 04, 2023
Please, who knows how long it takes to get your PR when applying through NON-EXPRESS ENTRY PROVINCIAL NOMINATION. Although IRCC website says 20 months, i want to know practically, how many months it takes to get the federal PR
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 8:15pm On May 04, 2023
Hello everyone;
Can I use my UBA visa card to do an ATM withdrawal while in Canada? If yes any limits of the amount one can withdraw at once?

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (720) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Gasive and 3 guest(s)