Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,887 members, 7,918,887 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:04 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2282008 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 2:12pm On Jul 14
lawani:

By number of citizens living abroad or by what?.

Yes by number of citizens living abroad
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 2:27pm On Jul 14
oluayebenz:

Yes by number of citizens living abroad
OK but it should be in the first 15. China, India and most countries with higher population will be higher and Nigeria is seventh by population. I think it should be in the first ten unless it is only immigrant workers' favorite destinations that you used.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14
🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️
1.Amazon fufilfment center Bolton Ontario. Only legends know this place 😆

2. Most maligned city in Canada.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lao4389: 5:39pm On Jul 14
Hi, if they wanna do accounting and get the CPA designation, there are two options, starting the CPA prep directly with the CPA and graduating to the CPA PEP afterwards.

Alternatively, they could do so via schools with affiliations with the CPA, the CPA Prep is covered by postgraduate certificate in accounting by some colleges and the PEP by Masters in accounting by some universities.

The second options allow you to apply for OSAP, which would cover your fees and you get some allowances afterwards. However note that OSAP is a combination of loan and grant.

I am on the second option.

Completed my CPA PREP at Cambrian college (program was fully online and you can do it part time or full time) and I’m about to start the Masters at one of the CPA accredited universities.

It will take you 1 year of full time study to complete the CPA PREP at a college and 2 years part time. Same with the masters. Doing it directly with the CPA maybe longer, it depends on if they give you waiver for some of their course based on your Accounting first degree.

Check the CPA’s website.

I must say, it takes grit and determination.

For jobs, keep applying for entry level role, book keeper, graduate roles in accounting, customer services in banks, entry level roles with the CRA, entry level tax roles etc

Haircomb:
@ednut1, what advice will you give someone who has BSc in accounting from Nigeria but never practiced as an accountant. She wants to pursue accounting in Canada but don’t know where to start from. This person is a PR currently in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ferfer(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14
If anyone is looking for accommodation in Saskatoon next month (Starting August 1st), I have a 2 bedroom 1 bath with a lease that runs till February 2025.
- $1,360 / month with 810sqft.
- Apartment permits 2 students if they are willing to share.
- In-suite laundry, stove, micro wave, refrigerator etc
- Bus stop/route in front of the building.
- It is a walking distance from Sask-Poly, Midtown mall, FreshCo, pharmacy and 9-minute driving distance from Costco.

Please let me know/send a DM if you are interested
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by leksite120(m): 2:09am On Jul 15
ferfer:

If anyone is looking for accommodation in Saskatoon next month (Starting August 1st), I have a 2 bedroom 1 bath with a lease that runs till February 2025.
- $1,360 / month with 810sqft.
- Apartment permits 2 students if they are willing to share.
- In-suite laundry, stove, micro wave, refrigerator etc
- Bus stop/route in front of the building.
- It is a walking distance from Sask-Poly, Midtown mall, FreshCo, pharmacy and 9-minute driving distance from Costco.

Please let me know/send a DM if you are interested

Omo, we don too suffer for GTA, how can a 2bedroom apartment be $1350 a month

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:41am On Jul 15
Immortalregis:

You can listen to people and come with your POF or you can call people negative and hope for the best. The choice is yours. As for Uber Eats, I laugh in French. Your eye go peel!!!!! I've attached a screenshot that they sent me just yesterday for you to make your own conclusions. Just do the division and ask yourself if this is a reasonable plan for surviving. Some of these trips na over 10km distance o!!!! A word is enough for the wise.
The idea that works is to not just do Ubereats in isolation, but to combine it with skip, doordash, instacart and all other varieties. Sitting on just one is the greatest waste of time and resources. Of course, no one should dwell too long on these kinds of job trying to get ahead. It's why they are called survival jobs to start with. One should just survive on them long enough to shoot out enough resumes and land a more preferred role.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:43am On Jul 15
leksite120:
That's like for shared apartment in downtown Toronto grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 7:24am On Jul 15
Thank you for the insightful recommendations always.

NuCypher:

Absolutely not enough! But it's down to how you spin it. The way to spin it is to say you are "very passionate about knowledge sharing", "immensely interested in disseminating useful information to help improve the company's work process", and/or "excited about advancing the collective knowledge of your team by staying abreast of technical developments in widely-used open-source tools like Python or cloud platforms like AWS", etc. However you want to form it to suit your field. The idea is to show that, besides your job, you also push technical content for educative purposes. While you would usually do this on the job, you've also shown it by creating technical content on LinkedIn or hosting videos on YouTube which have reached .... thousand number of people and have been viewed .... times. This way, you push a side of you that's a plus to your basic job knowledge.

If you are very bilingual, you have a lot more potential than you can imagine. Go to the government website and apply for roles, making sure to highlight your bilingual skills. Take this very seriously. It works. Also, customer care shouldn't take you significant time to get, if that's what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Theflint1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 15
njambert:
I'm a PR holder without a job after a year, but I am that way partly by my own design. I had enough POF, plus my wife worked for 4months when we got here before going on a year Maternity Live and we live comfortably. However, stakes may change in a few months time if I don't get one. I have really only applied for last 3months out of the 13 I have been here and still not very consistently, mainly because I decided I don't want survival jobs, but upskill really well to get the high end tech jobs( Cloud roles).I have used resume coaches and softwares and I'm getting really good skillwise that even if I lie on the resume, I could still do a very good defense at the interview.

My applications have changed from automatic rejections( likely not passing ATS) to well crafted rejection letters. I believe with grit and patience I will start receiving interviews not too long from now.I am networking and attending conferences, and creating some content on linkedin aswell.
If any of you have any more suggestions please let me know.

Good afternoon, please how can I reach you?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Theflint1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15
AirBay:

Apologies first but some of our people are lazy and yes everyone's reality is different.

I came into Canada with a good sum, i mean bulk sum. I bought a small car cash down and started doing ubereats, at the same time I was applying for jobs in my field and looking into ways to grow my income.

Some of our people that came with way less sat at home, spending till account wan red. Then the ranting starts. I saw a newcomer entering Hudson Bay and calvin klein to buy cloth and 2 months down the line e say canada hard..E no see rent to pay grin

Like someone mentioned if you can afford to stay at home till you get that high paying job, all is well but for people that came on with 10k and still rejecting survival jobs.....dm dy God's hand

I understand there are no jobs like before, but there are lots and lots of survival jobs, you don't have to buy a 10k vehicle to start delivery jobs.

As for people that borrowed money to come...My prayers are with them undecided
How long did it take you to start ubereats, and other than the car, what else was required to begin work with ubereats
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Haircomb: 3:36am On Jul 16
Lao4389:
Hi, if they wanna do accounting and get the CPA designation, there are two options, starting the CPA prep directly with the CPA and graduating to the CPA PEP afterwards.

Alternatively, they could do so via schools with affiliations with the CPA, the CPA Prep is covered by postgraduate certificate in accounting by some colleges and the PEP by Masters in accounting by some universities.

The second options allow you to apply for OSAP, which would cover your fees and you get some allowances afterwards. However note that OSAP is a combination of loan and grant.

I am on the second option.

Completed my CPA PREP at Cambrian college (program was fully online and you can do it part time or full time) and I’m about to start the Masters at one of the CPA accredited universities.

It will take you 1 year of full time study to complete the CPA PREP at a college and 2 years part time. Same with the masters. Doing it directly with the CPA maybe longer, it depends on if they give you waiver for some of their course based on your Accounting first degree.

Check the CPA’s website.

I must say, it takes grit and determination.

For jobs, keep applying for entry level role, book keeper, graduate roles in accounting, customer services in banks, entry level roles with the CRA, entry level tax roles etc

Thank you so much.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 5:53am On Jul 16
I have sent you an email. You can reply and we pickup from there

Theflint1:
Good afternoon, please how can I reach you?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by UnconventionalT: 11:02am On Jul 16
Hello everyone. I am a Canadian PR currently living in Nigeria. I did my soft landing last year( I stayed for 8 weeks) and used the opportunity to have my baby.
I have been out of Canada for 6 months now and I still have a lot of things to do before I can get ready to move back to Canada permanently. I want to ask how long it's safe for a PR to stay outside Canada after soft landing and getting the PR card?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:08am On Jul 16
UnconventionalT:
Hello everyone. I am a Canadian PR currently living in Nigeria. I did my soft landing last year( I stayed for 8 weeks) and used the opportunity to have my baby.
I have been out of Canada for 6 months now and I still have a lot of things to do before I can get ready to move back to Canada permanently. I want to ask how long it's safe for a PR to stay outside Canada after soft landing and getting the PR card?

Time lived in Canada
To keep your PR status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time outside Canada may count towards the 730 days you need.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html#

To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must

be a permanent resident
have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by UnconventionalT: 11:26am On Jul 16
ednut1:

Time lived in Canada
To keep your PR status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time outside Canada may count towards the 730 days you need.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html#

To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must

be a permanent resident
have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html
Thank you so much.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 2:40pm On Jul 16
aestake:

Why no power, water, good roads, housing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcGA00IKR7w
I cringe at people making these things a "generational" problem. which one be Gen Z again? Is it because it sounds like music every content creator and journalist is tagging "Gen Z" to their headlines?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 2:42pm On Jul 16
u3fine:

In the early to mid 80's, Majek Fashek sang a song "Garri 1 cup 1 Naira". My elder brother rebuked him then that it would never happen how 1 cup of garri cost 1 Naira. As of then, 6 cups of garri was 10 kobo.
A few years ago we were all gisting when we met and talked about the Nigeria situation. Today 1 cup of garri is between #200 - #250 depending on the city you live.

If someone told you in 2013/2014 that 1 bag of rice would cost 90 - 95k in 2024 (just within 10 years) would you have believed it? Meanwhile, in 2013 1 bag of rice was 8k.

So, my brother, nothing is impossible in Nigeria today.
omo, if you want to know how bad things are, look at the reactions of an average old man or woman at market prices.

Majek Fashek would have a stroke if someone told him they bought garri for cheap at N170 a cup cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 2:49pm On Jul 16
Kenn55:

She is likely going to be disappointed. Americans are also complaining. If you go to American social media space, you will think US is now a third world country. This is why Trump is making a comeback. Incumbents all over the west are facing intense heat due to economic situations.

This is the first time in a very long while western citizens are facing a jump in cost of living and unfortunately for them they are not resilient. With that anger, they are throwing incumbents under the bus. UK has done it, France is still in Limbo, Biden is a goner by November, Trudeau is a goner next year. Citizens no dey joke.

The reality of the matter is that the high interest rates is the reason for the high cost of living. Inflation that started after the pandemic forced the central banks to jack up interest rates across the west. For the first time in more than 40 years, interest rates rose up to 8%. This means mortgages rose. If rates cost rise, it means rents will go up, business cost will go up which means companies will not expand instead they will scale down and reduce hiring meaning less jobs available, food will go up, everything will go up. The west runs a credit based economy so any bump in interest rate will reverberate in the economy and affect everyone.

The good news is that the inflation which the western central banks is fighting that made them jack up rates to decades high to kill demand is coming down. Inflation is down below 3% from high of 8% for the first time in 3 years. With this, the banks are now projected to start reducing interest rates. In fact, Bank of Canada reduced interest rates last month by 25bp. This immediately reduced mortgage payments for some people. While this is small reduction, it is the first step towards more rate decreases to getting back the rates to pre pandemic levels. Once this happens cost of living will go down as expected and things will normalize.

The bad news is that what I just explained will not happen overnight. It will take around 2 more years to bring things back to pre pandemic situation.

Canada is faring worse because the government allowed in more people at a time when they shouldn't have. This is why I keep saying if you don't have money stay back in Nigeria and wait till situation improve. The only thing is that by the time things will normalize there will be a new government which will change Canada's immigration system.

if the banks did not mess with our interest rates the first time, what would the economy look like?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 3:06pm On Jul 16
legionISproteus:
if the banks did not mess with our interest rates the first time, what would the economy look like?

It is not the problem of the bank, if the bank didn't hike interest rates, inflation would have been worse. The bank had to do it's job to bring inflation under control.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 3:12pm On Jul 16
Kenn55:

It is not the problem of the bank, if the bank didn't hike interest rates, inflation would have been worse. The bank had to do it's job to bring inflation under control.
but the cost of many things are tied directly to high interest rates. people are paying more for their houses today because interest rates went up. how did it bring inflation under control? I don't understand undecided
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16
To explain it in a lay man's term. Higher rates make it more expensive for people to maintain their existing debt, reducing the amount of money that they have to spend and, over time, that reduces demand throughout the economy. This decrease in demand will end up reducing inflation rate.

legionISproteus:
but the cost of many things are tied directly to high interest rates. people are paying more for their houses today because interest rates went up. how did it bring inflation under control? I don't understand undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by u3fine(m): 3:32pm On Jul 16
legionISproteus:
omo, if you want to know how bad things are, look at the reactions of an average old man or woman at market prices.

Majek Fashek would have a stroke if someone told him they bought garri for cheap at N170 a cup cheesy

Majek Fashek needs to remix that song to the current rrality
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 3:54pm On Jul 16
legionISproteus:

You are correct but you are viewing it wrongly. Inflation is normal in an economy. It is better than deflation. However, year on year inflation is not expected to be above 2% to maintain a healthy economy.

After the pandemic, we had what economists call a Demand-pull inflation which happens when there is a over supply of money and credit that simulates the overall demand of goods and services beyond the economy production capacity.

Don't forget that during the pandemic, government was dashing people money while we were on lockdown. Interest rate was very very low giving people incentives to borrow money. Money piled up in the system and people spent less. No travel, no activities so people spent less and people's savings rose to am all time high.

After the pandemic, these whole situation created a demand-pull inflation where these piled up money needs to be spent coupled with very low interest rate. In economics, when demand outstrip supply, inflation happen as more money chase fewer goods.

If you recall, house prices were rising at an alarming rate after the pandemic. People were over bidding more than the asking price cos there was so much money to spend.

What the bank did was to kill demand or slow it down drastically so as to bring demand and supply to an equilibrium. The only way to do that through monetary policy instruments is to hike the interest rate to make things expensive. When things become expensive, you no longer have the incentive to buy buy buy so the supply would start catching up with demand. This is why house prices rise have cooled down and the prices of other goods and services have also cooled down.

Since the bank has succeeded in halting the unsustainable prices rises, the next thing will be to start bringing down the rates gradually as they have started doing. Those pandemics piled up cash is gone grin so there won't be a spike in demand as rates come down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 16
u3fine:

Majek Fashek needs to remix that song to the current rrality
from the afterlife?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onuwaje(m): 5:07am On Jul 17
Hi guys
To the seniors who made it via Manitoba PNP i have been on this thread since last year and no one as given me any answers.

I got my LAA from Manitoba in December 2023 and i have done everything asked by February 2024. So my question goes

1. How long does it take for me to get a response? It says 6 months on their website.

2. If they are to make a contact is it to my relative or me ( if i am contacted is it by calls or email)

Thanks very much as i await your urgent response
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ferfer(m): 5:14am On Jul 17
leksite120:

lol..
You live in a world class city so there is that.

It is -40 degrees C in winter here for a cumulative of 14 days per season.

Lastly, there is an update, facility manager is saying the actual price is $1,680 but I know that is still a dime to Toronto's toonies!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kosizo: 2:51pm On Jul 17
Hello house.
Please i just got admission to University of Manitoba (applied business management) for January 2024.
Please is there anyone with similar resumption date or group for people who are going or are already at the school?
Please i will be needing all the assistance i can get 🙏🏽
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 5:37pm On Jul 17
Kenn55:

You are correct but you are viewing it wrongly. Inflation is normal in an economy. It is better than deflation. However, year on year inflation is not expected to be above 2% to maintain a healthy economy.

After the pandemic, we had what economists call a Demand-pull inflation which happens when there is a over supply of money and credit that simulates the overall demand of goods and services beyond the economy production capacity.

Don't forget that during the pandemic, government was dashing people money while we were on lockdown. Interest rate was very very low giving people incentives to borrow money. Money piled up in the system and people spent less. No travel, no activities so people spent less and people's savings rose to am all time high.

After the pandemic, these whole situation created a demand-pull inflation where these piled up money needs to be spent coupled with very low interest rate. In economics, when demand outstrip supply, inflation happen as more money chase fewer goods.

If you recall, house prices were rising at an alarming rate after the pandemic. People were over bidding more than the asking price cos there was so much money to spend.

What the bank did was to kill demand or slow it down drastically so as to bring demand and supply to an equilibrium. The only way to do that through monetary policy instruments is to hike the interest rate to make things expensive. When things become expensive, you no longer have the incentive to buy buy buy so the supply would start catching up with demand. This is why house prices rise have cooled down and the prices of other goods and services have also cooled down.

Since the bank has succeeded in halting the unsustainable prices rises, the next thing will be to start bringing down the rates gradually as they have started doing. Those pandemics piled up cash is gone grin so there won't be a spike in demand as rates come down.

my question now is, was government dashing each person enough money to buy a house that all of a sudden, everyone wanted to buy house? so now the government has stopped dashing money, why have prices not returned to nearly pre-pandemic levels?

also, Nigeria where the government did not give anybody one kobo instead some of them were sharing COVID-19 palliatives to people that attended their birthday party, why did the prices spiral out of control there?

I appreciate your effort in explaining this but I still don't understand.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 6:53pm On Jul 17
legionISproteus:
my question now is, was government dashing each person enough money to buy a house that all of a sudden, everyone wanted to buy house? so now the government has stopped dashing money, why have prices not returned to nearly pre-pandemic levels?

also, Nigeria where the government did not give anybody one kobo instead some of them were sharing COVID-19 palliatives to people that attended their birthday party, why did the prices spiral out of control there?

I appreciate your effort in explaining this but I still don't understand.

Like I said earlier, it is a combination of different factors in which government palliatives was part of. Housing demand skyrocketed mostly due to very low interest rates. For example, prime rate as at March 30, 2020 was just 2.45% which was the lowest in a decade. I bought a house around that period and my interest rate was prime minus 1.2% bringing it to just 1.25%, what a sweet rate.

This made a lot of people jump into the housing market creating too much demand that pushed the prices higher. The high interest rate was to depress demand so that house prices and other prices don't keep rising.

As for Nigeria, as far as I'm concerned, Nigeria does not have a real economy. I don't know what they are doing there. For example, CBN benchmark interest rate is 24.75% where as prime rate in Canada despite all the noise is 6.95% today. How can an economy function with 24.75% rate? It goes to show that Nigeria's economy is not a real economy as it doesn't follow basic economics principles like the rest of the world.

How long have you been in Canada? It will be difficult to understand if you are not in the system.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 1:31am On Jul 18
Kenn55:

Like I said earlier, it is a combination of different factors in which government palliatives was part of. Housing demand skyrocketed mostly due to very low interest rates. For example, prime rate as at March 30, 2020 was just 2.45% which was the lowest in a decade. I bought a house around that period and my interest rate was prime minus 1.2% bringing it to just 1.25%, what a sweet rate.

This made a lot of people jump into the housing market creating too much demand that pushed the prices higher. The high interest rate was to depress demand so that house prices and other prices don't keep rising.

As for Nigeria, as far as I'm concerned, Nigeria does not have a real economy. I don't know what they are doing there. For example, CBN benchmark interest rate is 24.75% where as prime rate in Canada despite all the noise is 6.95% today. How can an economy function with 24.75% rate? It goes to show that Nigeria's economy is not a real economy as it doesn't follow basic economics principles like the rest of the world.

How long have you been in Canada? It will be difficult to understand if you are not in the system.
no wonder economics in Nigeria does not make any sense. I told a friend that Nigeria operates more like a company than a country.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onegig(m): 5:28am On Jul 18
Kenn55:

Lol. You know how long it took Canada to get to where they were? Also we all talk as if we just didn't come out of a Global pandemic. Everything that happened between 2020 and later is just a classic case of humans and economics reacting to a deeply abnormal situation. Even oil derivatives went negative which is absurd to think about. Yes, people have a right to complain about Nigeria and its growth but when it comes to analysing things we should also be a lot more objective.

Canada's interest rates in the 1980s was as high as 25%. Did this mean they were not a "real economy" like you postulated?

Did they tell you how they implemented price controls , strigent budget cuts, removal of subsidies and how difficult those periods was? Speak to elderly Canadians about their experience in the 80s and get their first hand experience.

Classic economics might seem to defy logic in Nigeria not because Nigeria is an abnormal case but because of how limited the scope of reach of these policies due to how very unregulated and large the informal sector in Nigeria is. Money outside the banking sector alone far outweighs whatever is covered by the regulated market. It would take decades to be able to attain such levels where it is easier to make a major impact with controls by a central body.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.