Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,674 members, 7,878,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:34 AM

Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons (8237 Views)

My Experience With All Night Reading a.k.a Till Day Break / My Experience With All Night Reading A.k.a Till Day Break / "Obtaining" Is Now A Culture In Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by titiloyeblog: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2019
There are two key choices in life – success and failure. Are you surprised? Yes, success is a choice as well as failure. You either choose to succeed or to fail! It is a personal responsibility. Career icons are those who foresaw the position they are today years ago. The present is a determining factor for your future. You have the opportunity to start building your future today. You can decide to build a hut, a bungalow or, rather, a mansion. It all depends on your “choice” and what you do with the resources at your disposal.

Only a few people, around the world, emerge exceptional in their chosen careers. Every career giant and iconic figures are people who have rendered lasting solutions to problems in their fields. The level of success you will accomplish in your career is a product of the passion, knowledge, and competence you possess in that career.

Let me tell you a secret: Reading is a culture that builds you. Those who have discovered this secret are people who a soaring triumphantly in their careers. Pay attention as I tell you this mystery. Sometimes ago, through the help of God, as I was meditating, I discovered that the most valuable and expensive natural recourses in the world are not gotten on a platter of gold; many of them are dug from the ground or the depth of the sea. Examples are gold and crude oil. In my mind, I asked, “Why did the creator of the universe, God Almighty, not put a resource such as gold on a tree, like he did for rubber? Why did he have put it deep in the ground, and should require months or years of digging to be reached? Why did God not just hang it on the tree for easy access?” Then, I was made to understand that treasures of great value require “digging deep” to be found.

In that similar way, I had a supernatural understanding that the more you read is the more you dig, and the more you dig is the more your chances of discovery. My friend, valuable treasures are hidden, you have to dig to discover them. Those who are successful career giants are people who have dug beyond the boundary of limitation to discover what only a few or nobody has discovered. Anybody who chooses to adopt the normal procedures or modus operandi will only end up to be mediocre. Excellent people go an extra mile to do what others don’t do.

Bill Gate, at the age of 13, was already an ardent and voracious reader. He discovered a problem nobody did and went ahead to proper solutions to it. That is why, today, he is an emperor in his career. Ben Carson was a “dullard,” but he began building his career and achievement when he challenged himself to start reading. It all started with reading. Career builders are today readers. Imbibe the culture of reading.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2018/11/reading-culture-that-makes-career-icons.html

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
sad

Readers are leaders but there is one thing to read books and it is another to apply the knowledge you get.

9 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Donzion77(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
I always dey hide my money inside one of my Jeffrey Archer's novels.in that place no naija thief go ever decode am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
sad

Ironically, watch how sixty-five percent of individuals would not even read the post but hurry to come and read comments and insult the persons they feel they can insult.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Oluwaseyi00(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
I Made this amazing personal discovery sometimes back, which is..

The way a charger charges your phone is the way reading sharpens your brain.

You don't believe?? Try reading consecutively for a month
And

Your brain will be smokin' hot.

12 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by traihit: 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Yep... Reading it is.

Nigerians are reading now than before sha but I think that a man is usually an aggregate of whatever he reads and most of us now read motivational books but motivational books can't make a man a guru in his field. Instead, they're supposed to make us more focused.

The result, many of us are becoming like the motivational speakers whose books we read while the result of the motivation is not really there.
If you're into law, education, medicine, engineering or whatever field you are into; the largest chunk of the books you should be addicted to should be from your field or whatever field you're venturing into.

God does his job in heaven but we humans especially Nigerians need to deepen ourselves in knowledge also for then can our minds be opened to secrets.

PS: It's better for a man to have a little knowledge about almost everything.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by prince4pro2: 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
they won't even comment ,if it is was that mumu boy abi ma girl him the form, u 4 see comments lolzz
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks for sharing
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by bigkahuna704(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
An Average Black Man Is Allergic To Reading Books. Talk More Of Applying Acquired Knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sukerefakere(m): 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nice one op.
Nigeria is the most Educated black Nation on earth..

..you know the rest.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by khattab008: 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Recently started reading again with a focus on self improvement/development books, as against my usual - novels, and it has been great. I plan to read as many books as I can this year.

Thanks for the reminder OP.

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by adeyemi91(m): 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nice
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by traihit: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
Oluwaseyi00:

And

Of course. Did you also notice that the more you read, the more you want to read? The love for reading takes a little while before it usually dies and then with effort, you can make it rise again.

2 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
This isd the kind of post that deserves Front page... Thanks OP

3 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Damicares(f): 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
Oluwaseyi00:

And

But what should I read? Novels, motivational books, school books or what exactly
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sugarcoatedhoni: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
Reading has profited me so much in life...

I remember the day i read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill over 10 years ago, my life has never remained the same.

I have lots of ebooks on my phone and instead of engaging in frivolous online arguments, i try to read them every now and then.

Infact the benefits of reading are un-quantifiable

4 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sugarcoatedhoni: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
For those who want to see a remarkable difference in their thinking and life this 2019, you can start by reading these books and putting them to practice.

Remember if you do not put to practice that which you have read, how different are you from a man who has not read?

For the evidence of knowledge is in the results you produce;

Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
The Magic of Thinking Big - David Schwartz
The Jewish Phenomenon - Steven Silbiger
The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace Wattles
As a Man Thinketh - James Allen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by nathpope(m): 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

I remember the day i read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill over 10 years ago, my life has never remained the same.

I have lots of ebooks on my phone and instead of engaging in frivolous online arguments, i try to read them every now and then.

how do you download the ebooks?

what websites?
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
Only success is a matter of choice: failure is not. If you want success, pay the price for it: hardwork, sacrifice and invest in your knowledge about money.
Gold and silver cannot make you rich; but it's what you know about gold and silver that can make you rich. This year:
1. I want to invest my money and time in my knowledge about online business.
2. Surround myself with serious-minded, mature-minded, and responsible people.
3. Buy financial and success motivational books written by creme de la creme in the world
My new year resolution!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sugarcoatedhoni: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
nathpope:

what websites?

you can check this site

https://www.free-ebooks.net/

You can also use the search terms like - (nameofbook+free download) (download business books free) (download motivational books free) in Google and you will get a good links to download

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by ClearFlair: 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
sad

Readers are leaders but there is one thing to read approximate books and it is another to apply the knowledge you get.

But what is there to apply if there isn't knowledge.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by ClearFlair: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
I just bought a very good book this morning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by IME1: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
smiley
I beg the reading we read here does it count
I mean there are a lot of educative things we get to read here on NL
Or must it be hardcover I mean physical book
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by khattab008: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
nathpope:

what websites?

You can also use http://pdfdrive.com. It's easy to use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Ranchhoddas: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donzion77:
I always dey hide my money inside one of my Jeffrey Archer's novels.in that place no naija thief go ever decode am.
Honour among thieves?
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Ranchhoddas: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
justbusy:
Only success is a matter of choice: failure is not. If you want success, pay the price for it: hardwork, sacrifice and invest in your knowledge about money.
Gold and silver cannot make you rich; but it's what you know about gold and silver that can make you rich. This year:
1. I want to invest my money and time in my knowledge about online business.
2. Surround myself with serious-minded, mature-minded, and responsible people.
3. Buy financial and success motivational books written by creme de la creme in the world
My new year resolution!!!
Try "The science of getting rich" by Wallace Wattles.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Try "The science of getting rich" by Wallace Wattles.
ok, thanks!
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by okwabayi(m): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
I only read comics. Am I doing it right?
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by poyet(m): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks for this write up! Reading has expanded my horizon, especially in my career as a...........personnel. On top of that, I am writing a book about my organization, due to my exposure to books. This book might be the first of its kind in my organization, federal government organization...
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Kayceenaz(m): 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
I love reading to the extent it has become a part and parcel of me. Going a whole month without reading engenders in me withdrawal symptoms typical of addicts. I feel restless, unhappy, intellectually hungry, and dissatisfied. One of the unpopular benefits is speaking older than your age and ability to flow with those decades ahead of you biologically. They may even forget you aren't their contemporary. grin
Reading is slaying!

3 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Npathway(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Wonderful write up OP. The truth is there is no substitute to reading.
To quote Ben Carson, he said "I would like those who have already achieved to show their concern by grabbing others' hands and crying, "Here is the treasure chest of the world - the public library or a bookstore "

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by MetroBaba1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

Nice One Bro.

Can you share some motivational books with me?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Primary School Teachers To Enjoy Car, Housing Loans, Other Benefits / 2012/13 CROWN POLY Offers Addmission Without UTME!!! / Your Favorite Punishment Back In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.