Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,856 members, 7,938,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project (420 Views)

Total War On Twitter North Vs Tinubu SW North Is Winning / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times / What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project by ararumeteam(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
There is a plot in APC to stop my 2023 presidential ambition - Okorocha alleges
Author: Kess Ewubare

UPDATED: 2 HOURS AGO

VIEWS: 3354

Category: Politics

- Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state says he will contest for presidency in 2023 despite the gang up by political forces against his ambition

- Okorocha claims the plot against his ambition began in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) two years ago in Lagos state

- The governor also accuses Senators Hope Uzodinma and Osita Izunaso of conspiring to stop him from going to the Senate in 2019

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has alleged that some unnamed persons from the southwest and northern part of the country are plotting to stop his 2023 presidential ambition.

Okorocha who sounded defiant, however, told journalists at his Ogboko country home in the Ideato north local government area of the state that he would contest for presidency in 2023 despite the gang up against his ambition.

READ ALSO: Strike looms as FG fails to meet deadline on N30,000 minimum wage

The governor claimed that the plot against him began in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) two years ago in Lagos state, The Punch reports.

“What I am suffering now in APC started two years ago in Lagos. They called my subordinates including my deputy and asked them to team up to fight me,” Okorocha said.

“Hope Uzodinma joined them lately. They decided to use him because they saw him as a strong person, being a sitting senator.

“The whole thing is about my 2023 presidential ambition. They want to shut out any Igbo man who is strong politically from the 2023 presidential race. But despite the gang up, I must contest for president in 2023.”

Okorocha also accused Senators Hope Uzodinma and Osita Izunaso of conspiring to stop him from going to the Senate in 2019 under the guise that he was too big to represent just a senatorial district after being a governor for eight years.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

“There is a conspiracy to stop me from going to the Senate. Hope Uzodinma has joined Senator Osita Izunaso. There is an alliance with Jones Onyereri. They will use security agencies to stop me. I am going to the Senate to make a positive difference,” he said.

The governor accused political forces from the west and north of working to hijack the Imo state’s politics.

“If care is not taken, a time will come in Imo State that before a sitting governor appoints a commissioner, he will first get an approval from either the West or the north,” he said.

“Most of the Igbo elite have compromised but I am the only person who has not compromised and will not.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1212739-my-2023-presidential-ambition-attack-north-southwest-okorocha-alleges.html Lalasticlala

Re: Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project by fk001(m): 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
It is your kinsmen that are against Igbo presidency come 2023.

You can't reap what you didn't sows, you can't eat your cake and have it.

Igbo's didn't invest in APC and they want reward on a platter of gold from the Party.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project by Kanixt(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
Okorocha the Igbo man that worship Hausa and Yoruba
Re: Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
It seems mediocrity, deceit and lies are the must have requirements to become a member of the evil APC party.
Okorocha and Buhari have some things in common - nepotism and backwardness
Re: Okorocha Accuses SW & North Of Conspiring Against His 2023 Presidential Project by shakmati(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
fk001:
It your kinsmen that are against Igbo presidency come 2023.

You can't reap what you didn't sows, you can't eat your cake and have it.

Igbo's didn't invest in APC and they want reward on a platter of gold from the Party.

Lol. APC is the only party in Nigeria. Let us wait till February.

(1) (Reply)

Inec Should Release Total Number Of Voters Per State / Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Igbo Youths Emerge / Reno Releases Full Audio Of Part-1 That Nailed Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.