Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,776 members, 7,952,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! (6365 Views)

Osita Iheme's (paw Paw) New Photos / How I Cope With Stardom - Osita Iheme (Paw Paw) / Aki And Paw-paw.will Any Girl Say Yes To Them In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by dextype: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
So a national award of the federal republic has now turned into -'My husband is a wealthy man and he is connected' God help Nigeria!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2010
I just wonder why this award is making such too much fuse as to create 3 threads from it.

Seriously, let's get real. . .It's no big deal.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by popico(m): 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
Osita Iheme a.k.a Paw-paw may have forgotten this story, but the fact remains that the diminutive actor may have robbed himself the rare chance of being nominated for the National award.

Paw-Paw’s screen twin, Chinedu Ikedieze popularly known as Aki was one of the distinguished Nigerians who were accorded recognition some Thursdays ago by the Federal Government.

A gesture which generated controversy as many stakeholders in the movie sector blamed the government for failing to extend the same treatment to the other actor.

It was however the stakeholders’ conviction that both diminutive actors started off their careers same time, featured in the same movies and won many laurels together and therefore desire to be honoured jointly.

But a new twist to the story is the fact that Paw-Paw is now being held responsible for his own misfortune as far as the nomination for the award was concerned.

A woman who wouldn’t want her name in print, after reading Aki’s award story which was published last Saturday has narrated an incident that happened early this year, which is believed to be the reason he could not be accorded the same honour.

In a text message sent to HVP, the source alleged that Paw-Paw snubbed her husband while the latter was trying to introduce him to their state Governor for possible recognition.

The woman narrates the incident this way; “I and my hubby sighted Paw-Paw at the Excellence Hotel, Ogba, Lagos. My hubby quickly called on our state Governor and notified him of his intention to invite Osita to come to our oil rich state to perform, and also to draw him close to the government.

But surprisingly, when my hubby advanced to greet Osita he snubbed him outrightly. My hubby is a very wealthy man, well-connected and kind-hearted.
He felt so bad on that day. Don’t blame the government, Aki might be better off than Osita”

The woman, however declined further comments, when HVP contacted her for more clarification.
Also, on his own, Paw-Paw denied knowledge of such incident, saying “I’m not aware of it.”

Crap, Bluff
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by chiogo(f): 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

You ain't see nothing yet!

I had a commissioner give me the 3rd degree last week for not respecting her enough, just because I asked someone to deliver a message to her! As improtant as she was, I should have come myself instead of 'sending' someone! *rooolz eyez*
Haha, wow. You would think these people are made of something else.

Ujujoan:
Bloody hypocrite! He denied someone of his award and she still calls him kind-hearted!
Typical naija mentality.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by eros(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
Who cares angry angry angry
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by rasputinn(m): 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2010
This has got to be the MOST STUPIDEST story anybody has told on nairaland
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nizoral(f): 2:24am On Aug 10, 2010
Ok i get, i tot dis ws nt supose 2 make d homepage. Yes both are snubish bt nt enof reason, osita cn b sort of annoyn bt nt enof reason wait o y all dis noise sef na byforce say dm must giv am. Story peddlers una don start again abi.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by mamagee3(f): 2:27am On Aug 10, 2010
eros:

Who cares angry angry angry
Why are you angry?
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Desdo(m): 4:00am On Aug 10, 2010
This is a cock and bull story
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Desdo(m): 4:01am On Aug 10, 2010
This is a cock and bull story
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Akosbaba(m): 6:02am On Aug 10, 2010
True or false,you need to have regard for people no matter their status
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by akwaowoudo(m): 6:09am On Aug 10, 2010
@ Poser
Must two plants planted the same day grow to bear fruits on the same later day?
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by fishaboi(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2010
Her husband is wealthy, has the governor on speed dial, blah-blah, but she delivered her petty gossip via sms.
This story shouldn't even be on Nairaland. The Mod responsible for this nonsense should be given a national award like the other low-life awardees this year.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by busoye19: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2010
Rubbish!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Ranoscky(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2010
^
Absolutely!!!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Newest: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
High_Chief:

U call it rubbish, but things like this happen everyday in Nigeria. sounds silly but even messier situations like this happen on a daily basis. This story was culled from a Nigerian dailies, will post link when i get home

Yea u got it, what this simple means is that "KNOW PERSON", U GO WIN ANYTHING WINNABLE
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by mike4livechosen: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
u sure of what u are saying
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by favouredjb(f): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2010
stupid and ridiculous story,who the heck does she think her husband is btw?rubbish
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by PhinaBrown: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
If the award was meant to be a merit award based on one's performance, its obvious that Paw Paw acts much better than Aki. Yes! He is more natural on stage than Aki. So, that woman and her husband should go and celebrate their victory for depriving an achiever his achievement. Paw Paw, this is an assignment for you. Your next movie should title "No handshake, no Award" hahahahaha lol. grin
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Princessty(f): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
These People Are Bloody Oloosheees British Accent
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by BlueMagic2(m): 8:26am On Aug 11, 2010
I thought the awards were based on achievements and contributions to the society as a whole. So what has Aki or Paw Paw done to deserve such awards. Just goes 2 show the kind of country Nigeria is. So Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Paw Paw, the woman & her hubby, the national awards, those in charge of giving the awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by excelabbey(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2010
vbn
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by prinzdur: 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
I'll advice u 2 stop lying, mr man TOTAL NONSENCE
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2010
How on earth did dis shit make front page, who ar d dickhead who moderates dis column?, What nairaland turning to, Seun cut short ur leave
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by jokingmary(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
ogbeche77:

How on earth did dis poo make front page, who ar d dickhead who moderates dis column?, What nairaland turning to, Seun cut short your leave

Can you become the moderator please? sad
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by kobikwelu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2010
ALL a bunch of bullsh!t and a group of self-gratifying crap
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2010
jokingmary:

Can you become the moderator please? sad

No, i can't, don't say am critisizing dem, i don't gat d tym, dos who volunteered 2 b 1 were not forced, so u don't apply 4 an accountant job if u are nt good @ additional maths
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by 5p1naz(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
Absolute rubbish. . . so
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by olumidea: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2010
Hello Nairalanders, to be honest with you all, i'm not totally surprised too. I met Paw Paw and Aki some few years back at New York Penn station and I was so happy meeting superstars from my country until, Aki, was so friendly, but Paw-Paw wasn't at all. Can you imagine, I said hi to Paw-paw and he just snubbed me. I thought maybe he didn't hear me and I said hi again, same thing.

Paw-Paw, we are your audience, so it pays to be good to us. Check this out - in the US, we come across so many stars daily, and 99% of them are very receptive to us. They don't snub us because they know that we are the ones that go see their movies.

That is my own 2 cents.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by osas007(m): 4:39am On Aug 14, 2010
hahaha 9ja, always coming with bullshits, what does that has to do with him not getting an award, mehn sometimes its kinda weird that the press cant just stick there pocket in realistic tales instead they come up with stories that doesnt worth the tell, damn
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by misterh(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2010
So people are no more awarded based on merit. Too bad. cry
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Igonih(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2010
Maybe part of the merit is humility. No one can claim to have served a people or be a positive influence to a group of people without humility. Beauty queens, royalty, stars are endeared to their fans by being humble when the fans meet them outside their offices and movie studios.

Meet Mike Ezuronye some days ago he was nice to all who recognized him. Even one busy body fan was trying to make Mike leave his meal to go out and take a photo with him. Mike just calmly declined even though this guy persisted. I was watching and turning red on behalf of mike from a distance. when you are a star, you must be humble or PRETEND to be if not, NO NATIONAL AWARD FOR YOU.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Boobs Revealing Outfit A Nigerian Lady Wore To Quilox Pool Party(pics) / Charlize Theron continues to Feminized her Adopted African Son / How Actress Chinonso Arubayi Became A Widow At A Young Age. Mysterious Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.