Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG (18804 Views)

DSS Director, Top Security Chiefs Meet With Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Northern Governors Forum, Reps To Buhari: Sack Service Chiefs Now / We Can’t Sack Service Chiefs Now – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by akelicious(m): 5:37am On Jan 03, 2019
A former Director of the Department of the State Services (DSS), Mr. Mike Ejiofor, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to relieve the leadership of some of the various security agencies of their position as a means of improving the performance of these organisations in the fight against insecurity in the country.

He said a situation where high -profile military officers were kidnapped and killed showed the state of insecurity in the country.

Speaking Wednesday on the Arise News, a sister broadcast arm of THISDAY Newspaper, Ejiofor said the tenure of some of the Service Chiefs had expired.

“For me if you continue to do the same thing, the same way you can’t expect a different result. Some of the Service Chiefs have overstayed – their tenures have expired but they are still being retained. So, I think it is time we need to try new hands but because of politics I think the government doesn’t have the political will to do this,” he said.

The ex-DSS boss cautioned that the country cannot afford to play politics with its security. According to him, the bulk of the security concerns over the forthcoming general elections is caused by the actions and behaviours of politicians from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP).

“Well it is going to be a very challenging year. In 2018 you have listed the crises and challenges we have, which the government is trying to address but you know the problems and challenges we expect in 2019 because of the election, I believe, are self-made and self-inflicted because these could be avoided. You see the way politicians go about their campaigns. We expect them to campaign on issues but they are busy attacking each other. We should not forget that we have about 90 political parties but the prominent ones causing the real security challenges are the PDP and APC and the reasons are obvious.”

“APC want to retain power, claiming that PDP has been in power for the past 16 years and PDP having left power for over four years want to come back. There is nothing wrong with that; that is democracy but my fears are that as stated in our constitutions, the primary purpose and responsibility of government is the security and welfare of the people.

“You can’t divorce politics from security but at the same time we can’t be playing politics with our security, which is exactly what is happening. “People are playing politics with our security system which is very dangerous. Security is a collective effort of the whole people and it shouldn’t be left for government alone but the government on its part also has promised as one of its cardinal projects to provide security for the people but we are not there yet. You listed the challenges; you look at Borno State for instance the Boko Haram is overwhelming the military what are the reasons? You go to Zamfara people are been killed daily. Herdsmen whom I don’t call herdsmen – I call them terrorist, which I believe is an extension of Boko Haram, all over the country and we are preparing for an election. The problems are so much and I think the earlier the government addresses the issues the better for them as we are going into elections,” Ejiofor explained.

Ejiofor disclosed that the military is ill-equipped to handle the current security challenges in the country.

“We have in place the multinational joint taskforce and they seem not to be effective anymore and then we need to change tactics and it is not just changing – the government should also come out to equip the military. I think they are ill equipped; they are not fully functional as they supposed

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/sack-service-chiefs-now-former-dss.html

8 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by nickxtra(m): 5:45am On Jan 03, 2019
akelicious:
A former Director of the Department of the State Services (DSS), Mr. Mike Ejiofor, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to relieve the leadership of some of the various security agencies of their position as a means of improving the performance of these organisations in the fight against insecurity in the country.

He said a situation where high -profile military officers were kidnapped and killed showed the state of insecurity in the country.

Speaking Wednesday on the Arise News, a sister broadcast arm of THISDAY Newspaper, Ejiofor said the tenure of some of the Service Chiefs had expired.

“For me if you continue to do the same thing, the same way you can’t expect a different result. Some of the Service Chiefs have overstayed – their tenures have expired but they are still being retained. So, I think it is time we need to try new hands but because of politics I think the government doesn’t have the political will to do this,” he said.

The ex-DSS boss cautioned that the country cannot afford to play politics with its security. According to him, the bulk of the security concerns over the forthcoming general elections is caused by the actions and behaviours of politicians from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP).

“Well it is going to be a very challenging year. In 2018 you have listed the crises and challenges we have, which the government is trying to address but you know the problems and challenges we expect in 2019 because of the election, I believe, are self-made and self-inflicted because these could be avoided. You see the way politicians go about their campaigns. We expect them to campaign on issues but they are busy attacking each other. We should not forget that we have about 90 political parties but the prominent ones causing the real security challenges are the PDP and APC and the reasons are obvious.”

“APC want to retain power, claiming that PDP has been in power for the past 16 years and PDP having left power for over four years want to come back. There is nothing wrong with that; that is democracy but my fears are that as stated in our constitutions, the primary purpose and responsibility of government is the security and welfare of the people.

“You can’t divorce politics from security but at the same time we can’t be playing politics with our security, which is exactly what is happening. “People are playing politics with our security system which is very dangerous. Security is a collective effort of the whole people and it shouldn’t be left for government alone but the government on its part also has promised as one of its cardinal projects to provide security for the people but we are not there yet. You listed the challenges; you look at Borno State for instance the Boko Haram is overwhelming the military what are the reasons? You go to Zamfara people are been killed daily. Herdsmen whom I don’t call herdsmen – I call them terrorist, which I believe is an extension of Boko Haram, all over the country and we are preparing for an election. The problems are so much and I think the earlier the government addresses the issues the better for them as we are going into elections,” Ejiofor explained.

Ejiofor disclosed that the military is ill-equipped to handle the current security challenges in the country.

“We have in place the multinational joint taskforce and they seem not to be effective anymore and then we need to change tactics and it is not just changing – the government should also come out to equip the military. I think they are ill equipped; they are not fully functional as they supposed

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/sack-service-chiefs-now-former-dss.html
Long overdue

6 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 5:50am On Jan 03, 2019
The zero brain cow god will guffaw at this grin cheesy

Country led by a living dead cheesy grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Mystick: 5:51am On Jan 03, 2019
He values his friendship with the service chiefs more than he values the lives of the masses.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by austinsmat(m): 6:07am On Jan 03, 2019
He may listen but since you attack Herdsmen and call them terrorist and extension of Boko Haram, oga dss watch your back.

26 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by 34webers(m): 6:11am On Jan 03, 2019
So dumb.
If these people are as half intelligent as a goat, they would have known that keeping the service chiefs till election does not even favour buhari. Who will be appointed as a service chief today that will not work seriously for the reelection of buhari? Or, tell me, who wouldn't want to be a service chief for a long time? Is it the opposition candidate that will come and remove them they will support?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by gaby(m): 6:18am On Jan 03, 2019
I just can't understand why there has been no tweaking of shuffling amongst service chiefs and cabinet ministers in the life of this regime in spite of the many not really delivering on their responsibilities.

Does it mean the President sees these guys as 10/10s?

Lil wonder they are so cocky and confident in their miskicks...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33am On Jan 03, 2019
Well it is going to be a very challenging year. In 2018 you have listed the crises and challenges we have, which the government is trying to address but you know the problems and challenges we expect in 2019 because of the election, I believe, are self-made and self-inflicted because these could be avoided. You see the way politicians go about their campaigns. We expect them to campaign on issues but they are busy attacking each other. We should not forget that we have about 90 political parties but the prominent ones causing the real security challenges are the PDP and APC and the reasons are obvious.”

This is Nothing but the TRUTH!

7 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Trapnews: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2019
undecided
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by madridguy(m): 6:34am On Jan 03, 2019
Do you know anything security at all?

34webers:
So dumb.
If these people are as half intelligent as a goat, they would have known that keeping the service chiefs till election does not even favour buhari. Who will be appointed as a service chief today that will not work seriously for the reelection of buhari? Or, tell me, who wouldn't want to be a service chief for a long time? Is it the opposition candidate that will come and remove them they will support?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by MobilityExpress: 6:35am On Jan 03, 2019
This is one aspect where I fault Buhari. By now, all the service chiefs should have been sacked and replaced, because of all the heavy casualties suffered by our soldiers, and all the fatal havoc being caused by herdsmen militia against civilians in the north and middle belt. During GEJ era, security was so porous and so bad that Boko Haram was actively controlling huge territories in the North spanning states. They had flags hoisted all around and were running amoc doing as they please. Security was so bad that even the capital abuja, the seat of power, was being bombed with reckless abandon during GEJ's time. And I believe this was one of the main reasons GEJ lost the elections because they took security for granted, played politics with defeating Boko Haram that destroyed thousands of thousands of lives. When Buhari came in, he modified the security architecture and changed military strategies and they recorded significant success against Boko Haram and restored security and peace, relatively far better than GEJ time. However, in 2017/2018, only God knows what went wrong, security crisis all over again. First it was with the herdsmen militia running rampage killing civilians all around, and Boko Haram is gaining ground again to the point of taking territories again, and the security of the nation is speedily retrogressing back to the insecurities of the GEJ era. It is a big shame and a big blow to this government. If Buhari is truly serious about securing the nation and winning the fight against the evil elements, with all the heavy casualties being recorded and success being made by enemy forces, then by now he ought to have reviewed and reorganized the security apparatus of the nation, which must include replacing the service chiefs and security heads under whose leadership, command and watch which such disastrous security collapse is happening. It doesn't mean he hates them, it just means you need to change strategy and change staff to accomplish a better result. If not that PDP is such a damaged goods and disoriented opposition party, by now it would be expected that Buhari would lose the election for the same reason GEJ lost, which is massive insecurity in the nation. But fortunately for APC, there is no credible opposition on ground. However, I think President Buhari needs to do better and review the security handlers that have suddenly gone from doing excellent jobs to not so doing well. Imagine if you have a home lesson teacher teaching your child, and the child starts performing well in his studies but then later the child begins to fail in subjects he used to pass before or the child begins to fail qualifying exams repeatedly year after year. Won't you hire another better teacher to take over? That's the thing. President Buhari with his military background ought to know better and do better. Even Obj changed service chiefs when necessary, and the truth is even when not necessary, service chiefs are changed as a matter of routine, for fresher ideas and newer better tactics in protecting the nation. President Buhari I wish you could read this, this is 2019, please do better for the security of Nigeria and change whatever and whomever needs to be changed to keep the nation and its citizens safe.

10 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by apesinola001: 6:35am On Jan 03, 2019
Long overdue
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by wink2015(m): 6:35am On Jan 03, 2019
Buhari himself is part of the problem

4 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by helinues: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2019
Ever since BH started, all service chiefs have been smiling to banks. Pdp and Apc regime

5 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by chronique(m): 6:38am On Jan 03, 2019
The dullard would not listen. Holding on to incompetent service chiefs for four years even when it's obvious they are not performing. Nigeria has never been this bad.

8 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Shikini: 6:39am On Jan 03, 2019
34webers:
So dumb.

This guy, you are so daft

12 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by slawomir: 6:45am On Jan 03, 2019
Isoright
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Shikini: 6:45am On Jan 03, 2019
The brainless dullard does not know anything about administration.
He does not know how to appraise his team, make changes here and there for better performance.
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Oblitz(m): 6:46am On Jan 03, 2019
So Buhari does not know what to do unless he's being told abi?

1 Like

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 03, 2019
[s]
post=74399162:
Well it is going to be a very challenging year. In 2018 you have listed the crises and challenges we have, which the government is trying to address but you know the problems and challenges we expect in 2019 because of the election, I believe, are self-made and self-inflicted because these could be avoided. You see the way politicians go about their campaigns. We expect them to campaign on issues but they are busy attacking each other. We should not forget that we have about 90 political parties but the prominent ones causing the real security challenges are the PDP and APC and the reasons are obvious.”

This is Nothing but the TRUTH!
[/s] You've made zero sense.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by stuffs4me(m): 6:46am On Jan 03, 2019
austinsmat:
He may listen but since you attack Herdsmen and call them terrorist and extension of Boko Haram, oga dss watch your back.

Mike Ejiofor just crossed the battle line for the following reasons.
1) He told Buhari the plain truth
2) He went as far as mentioning Buhari's anointed Killer herdsmen.

President Buhari will hunt down Mike Ejiofor by using the Police, SSS, or Army.

Why can't Nigerians learn not to tell the evil tyrant the truth. Senator Dino Melaye is still sufering for his sins of telling Buhari the plain truth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by ugbede69(m): 6:47am On Jan 03, 2019
its not only the service chiefs.. the entire government needs to be sacked...including mr integrity

10 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Abjay97(m): 6:48am On Jan 03, 2019
h
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by aolawale025: 6:48am On Jan 03, 2019
Good advise. Maybe fresh ideas will come in
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Blackfire(m): 6:48am On Jan 03, 2019
No o

Let them stay there... We will deal with PDP
Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Faboo5050: 6:50am On Jan 03, 2019
gaby:
I just can't understand why there has been no tweaking of shuffling amongst service chiefs and cabinet ministers in the life of this regime in spite of the many not really delivering on their responsibilities.

Does it mean the President sees these guys as 10/10s?

Lil wonder they are so cocky and confident in their miskicks...
It amazed me why resuffulment have not been done despite life waisting in this country on daily basis.
Mr president has to sit up. Happy New year Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Mgbadike80: 6:53am On Jan 03, 2019
As far as Dumbori is concerned, they have just withdrawn a billion dollars from the country's account without appropriation. the war against terror is very profitable.more Dubai properties would be acquired.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by nairalee(m): 6:57am On Jan 03, 2019
Hahahahaha this guy doesn't know buhari

1) Buhari NEVER sacks
2) This is the first time in Nigeria that all ministers remained in office for entire 4 years except those that voluntarily left
3) Buhari is even planning to extend the tenure of (the highly criticized) police boss who's set to retire soon
4) Even Babachir Lawal was not removed till Buhari mistakenly traveled out
5) Even when someone blatantly disrespected Buhari's order to relocate he wasn't replaced
6) The word "Incompetence" does not exist in Buhari's dictionary
7) If he sacks them their replacements would definitely be from Katsina therefore....
cool Buhari's penchant for nepotistic appointments will once again be obvious if he tries to replace the service chiefs so he wouldn't wanna risk that so close to the elections

So we're not surprised at all.....

22 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by DMerciful(m): 7:01am On Jan 03, 2019
Too late, we are sacking both Bubu and his service chiefs Feb 16

8 Likes

Re: Sack Service Chiefs Now, Former DSS Director Tells FG by Ryott: 7:01am On Jan 03, 2019
34webers:
So dumb.
The man was talking about security but as usual the only thing you are concerned about is winning elections. The man was totally apolitical and said we needed to change the service chiefs to try out new strategies for our security because we can't be doing the same things that are clearly not working and expect a different result but for people like you, all everything must be seen through the perspective of winning elections, you couldn't care less if people are dying all over the country daily because of insecurity. You are saying a former DG of DSS is not half as intelligent as a goat? Just because he offered some ideas to improve the security situation in the nation? You should look in the mirror if you want to see who is dumb and not half as intelligent as a goat

19 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company / Gunmen Fire On Muslim Worshippers, In Kano, Kill Three. / Ekiti Workers Begin Strike Today Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.