Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,287 members, 7,894,232 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:50 AM

Youths And The State Of The Nation By Opadeji Samuel Olumide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Youths And The State Of The Nation By Opadeji Samuel Olumide (330 Views)

Breaking: Buhari To Speak On ‘state Of The Nation’ By 7pm / The State With The Highest Number Of Tribes / Article:indesent Dressing, A Menace Among Nigeria Youths And The Way Out [by Ade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youths And The State Of The Nation By Opadeji Samuel Olumide by Emmiasky(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
article shared from http://arthut.com.ng/viewBlog?hid=tit9oi9n0066s32hy1uhsg0&data=insight

It shouldn't be considered a gain-say that the democracy of the nation is dying on a daily basis. In regards to the defections occurring in the nation, it should be reckoned that the supposed current leaders are no longer competent to hold the banner of politics reflecting in the nation.

With occurrences, in all spheres and aspectual facets of the nation's political system, the board handling the management of the nation are all after their welfarism and not that of the masses. I'm not writing this to support any political party but to crave way for the youths to maximise and utilize their potentials politically for I know vividly well that young people are usually excluded or overlooked as political candidates.

The nation needs an idealistic politician who is ready to devote one's self for the national welfares and not those with their personal welfare. Prior to that, there's need to bring in new ideas from vibrant leaders who will make our dreamed nation result to reality.

Without any modicum of doubt, I strongly believe that every/any young politician coming into power must have been reminiscing on some actions/events/roles he/she will need to play in order to alter the power, to the masses desired, I'm not writing this down to be placed into power, Truly, franchise is vested on all, but I believe the little roles to be examined below will go a long way if gotten to the rightful needy of this.

young people are usually excluded or overlooked as political candidates

Starting with effective decision making; As a young adult who is aspiring fto hold office in the political structure, He must be prepared to have a better decision making before campaigning for a post and after when emerged - Before information would be disseminated, there should be a proper decision making for the benefits of all citizens in the nation and not youth alone.

Also, enhancing youth political participation through out the electoral cycle; Based on my little believe, agglomerated from my encephalon. For a sustainable future, I will roll in support with the "UN SYSTEM WIDE ACTION PLAN ON YOUTH (2013) which calls on young generations to become more involved and more committed in the development processes of their nation. This will help the youth focus on civic engagement and political participation. Among other areas, it will help the youths in power respond to the concerns of the young people across the globe.

Furthermore, in the roles dished out for youths who are aspiring for a political post, Focus shouldn't be based on a particular aspect of governance, in order not to result to the government dominating more or laying more focus on a particular issue where other issues will be missing out.

Lastly, on the roles, there should be a great forum comprising national youth representatives where discussion will be based on the issues the citizens of the nation are facing and where ways will be reflected to help deliver the masses from their struggling in all wise.

Having discussed the roles to be played by youths in the nation political system, I will like to drop the ink of my pen on little on the economic situation and the nation global view as a whole. Picking it up from the electrical defect in our nation, it's been said that Nigeria is planning to give out electricity to some non merchandized and under developed countries, Should that be the solution to the issue?
Nigerians are craving for electricity, Yet, there has been no solution discussed to it, and plans are coming out from angles that the nation is preparing to give out electricity to other countries. It might be a good decision, but I will suggest, that if our nation should be settled first, then electrifying other countries can serve as a means of increasing our nation revenue.

it's been said that Nigeria is planning to give out electricity to some non merchandized and under developed countries, Should that be the solution to the issue?

I won't forget to design this page with my ink in regards to the degradation of the nation as well as the violence, lies, deceit, unfaithfulness, corruption, terrorism and many more uncalled for act deposited into the nation's loop. All these have actually depreciated the country's value, the masses are left with no other choice than to support the self centered politicians in their career, claiming to enjoy their services while they are not actually enjoying that. The State of the nation has been that which the poor are not improving financially but reducing financially. The educated masses certificate can't be recognized or seen as a qualified one due to lack of connections. Where is the nation's integrity?
Where is the patriotic love for the nation?
Are the cabinets in charge of the governance of the nation ready to support young people who would be interested in channeling their activism through formal political institutions?
What strategies or approach has been successful in recruiting young men and women into politics for the betterment of our nation?
I stand to be corrected if all these rhetorical question will return it's response to me positively.

The educated masses certificate can't be recognized or seen as a qualified one due to lack of connections

It's high time we discussed solutions to the problems like I pen it down in this article, What's the solution demanded?
To oust the incapable government and enthrone the capable government for a better governance of the nation.

The change we demand is in the hands of the youths!
Of what use is the pen, if it can't be used to alter the world for good.

The author of this article can be contacted via Facebook www.facebook.com/opadeji.samuelolumide.7

(1) (Reply)

Save A Friend From Depression : Are You Not Just Saying It Stay Relevant?? / News / Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Was At Amorka In Continuation Of His Ward Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.