Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,296 members, 7,884,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" (17928 Views)

Not Maradona Or Pele: Lionel Messi Names His Greatest Sportsperson Of All Time. / Why Messi Can't Play For Free At Barcelona / Messi Can't Get In Manchester City's Team - Danny Mills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by HenryInno1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
messi has always been compared to maradona and pele.....but ronaldo has always been compared to messi grin grin
That says it all bro
grin

3 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by udemzyudex(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
MufasaRebirth:
Has Zico scored 91 goals in a calendar year

Win the best player in the word 5 times ?

Golden shoe 5 times

Does he have a private jet

Messi is the best player in whole wide world

If Zico doesn’t like that he should go and drink sniper

Mumu talk, was he comparing himself with Messi?

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by obonujoker(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
HenryInno1:

Messi is still D best

In what areas is he the best??
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by HenryInno1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
Daretee:
I'm starting to think there's some silent hate going on against this man.
I tell u

3 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by HenryInno1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
kolafolabi:
Messi is far better than both jare... Statistics showed that 65% of Pele's goals were actually offside goals in modern football.. Not confirmed... So no need to quote me.
They hating on him

2 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by VolvoS60(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
grin

Raw tribalism in football is alive and well...Let me join in too... cheesy

How can anyone describe Zico as "this one" because of his (admittedly harsh) comments about Messi? grin

But Zico has a point. In an era where clubs are richer than some countries, the World Cup (despite FIFA's many failings) seems to be the only place where the big superstars can be brought down to earth. You might be the World's best player in the richest league but if you haven't won the world cup, then there's something missing...

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by udemzyudex(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
kolafolabi:
Messi is far better than both jare... Statistics showed that 65% of Pele's goals were actually offside goals in modern football.. Not confirmed... So no need to quote me.

You even wrote not confirmed and you're bragging about it, you need common sense.

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by MufasaRebirth: 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
udemzyudex:

Mumu talk, was he comparing himself with Messi?

He is not in the position to talk about Messi bro

2 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by kolafolabi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
udemzyudex:

You even wrote not confirmed and you're bragging about it, you need common sense.

You must be one of Senator Ben Bruce's relatives right? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by DukeNija(m): 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
My mom even said Pele was taking drugs before the introduction of doping tests. Lol

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:

Lemme guess, you are a messi fan...

I don't need to guess I know you are Penaldo Fanboys between 15-18yrs of age always dragging Messi into their clueless football argument.

I wonder how people like you reason.

This should have gone with last year it's a shame.

4 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by udemzyudex(m): 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
kolafolabi:

You must be one of Senator Ben Bruce's relatives right? grin grin grin

grin naa, na my guy.
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
DukeNija:
My mom even said Pele was taking drugs before the introduction of doping tests. Lol
that's y you are mummy's boy, believing everything she says
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Martinez19(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
messi has always been compared to maradona and pele.....but ronaldo has always been compared to messi grin grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by udemzyudex(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
MufasaRebirth:

He is not in the position to talk about Messi bro

Why do you say so?
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Martinez19(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
MufasaRebirth:

Golden shoe 5 times

is it by private jet? Even EA Adeboye has a private jet.
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Olumeme: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
Messi is better than both Pele and Maradona combined.
He didn't win the world cup but got to the final and was awarded the best player of the tournament, he has played in Copa America final twice, with an Olympic gold.

Habaa, the guy Don try abeg he won't definitely get every trophy.
Abi did Maradona won 5 golden shoe? Did he win 5 world best? Is he the highest goal scorer and highest assist in his league?

I said it, even if Messi stopped playing football 8years ago, he's the best player of all time.

Putting goals and trophies aside, Everything about him is unique, he plays football effortlessly.
He can dribble past 3-4 defenders without problems, he's a team player, very humble and above all loyal!

That guy Don try.

18 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by obonujoker(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mcquine:

I don't need to guess I know you are Penaldo Fanboys between 15-18yrs of age always dragging Messi into their clueless football argument.

I wonder how people like you reason.

This should have gone with last year it's a shame.

Lol.... Counter my list; and stop being sentimental
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Olumeme: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Compare na

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by ObaKlaz: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
This is the only other excuse they use to understate Messi's genius and greatness. While I might agree with them over the world cup wins, but when it comes to sheer skills and talents, Pele is no match for Maradona, let alone Messi! Messi would thoroughly school Pele, if we're limiting it to just skills. And yes, I've been privileged to watch Pele and Maradona play back in their days, so I'm not relying on just YouTube videos!

8 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by obonujoker(m): 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
Olumeme:
Messi is better than both Pele and Maradona combined.
He didn't win the world cup but got to the final and was awarded the best player of the tournament, he has played in Copa America final twice, with an Olympic gold.

Habaa, the guy Don try abeg he won't definitely get every trophy.
Abi did Maradona won 5 golden shoe? Did he win 5 world best? Is he the highest goal scorer and highest assist in his league?

I said it, even if Messi stopped playing football 8years ago, he's the best player of all time.

Putting goals and trophies aside, Everything about him is unique, he plays football effortlessly.
He can dribble past 3-4 defenders without problems, he's a team player, very humble and above all loyal!

That guy Don try.

Oga how can someone whom his fans call the G.O.A.T not win any international trophy... Your goat is another Giggs.....

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by obonujoker(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
ObaKlaz:
This is the only other excuse they use to understate Messi's genius and greatness. While I might agree with them over the world cup wins, but when it comes to sheer skills and talents, Pele is no match for Maradona, let alone Messi! Messi would thoroughly school Pele, if we're limiting it to just skills. And yes, I've been privileged to watch Pele and Maradona play their days, I'm not relying on YouTube videos!

Does Messi have skills up to this players.... Ronaldinho, R9, CR7....

Note: skills not dribbles....
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by nephemmy(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
I won't blame you cos you're old and you've lost your sense...Messi and Cristiano are better than all of the so called legends combined

4 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Abagworo(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mentioning Messi alongside Maradona and Pele is abomination. He can be compared with Maradona based on their obvious similarity in stature and skills but never Pele that won World cup at 17.

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by ObaKlaz: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:

Does Messi have skills up to this players.... Ronaldinho, R9, CR7....

Note: skills not dribbles....
The only person that is just as great as Messi, if not greater, in the skills department among those names is Ronaldinho.

10 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by wolexy14(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
If u never watch pele and maradona documentary abeg no just talk non sense...maradona is way better dan pele....and pele was super hyped all he does is seat in box 8 and score goals while maradona n messi are the actual baller. Una fit quote me if una don watch dem documentary.

2 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Kobicove(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
MufasaRebirth:

Golden shoe 5 times

The truth is bitter grin
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
Messi has not won any trophies for Argentina senior national team ... FAIL!
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:

Oga how can someone whom his fans call the G.O.A.T not win any international trophy... Your goat is another Giggs.....
Don’t mind them jare ... Messi cannot even win Copa America for Argentina.... big failure!
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by LordPsalm(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:
Top 10, players ever with respect to records and trophies won for both club and country....

Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Ronaldo de Lima
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Johan Cryuff
Ronaldinho
Beckenbauer
Are you sure even Zidane has more trophies than Xavi?
Alfredo di Stefanp
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Truthisit: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
They compare Messi to Pele and maradona because they are from the same continent. The region inspired the comparisons more than with CR7. But have you noticed that no one in European football history is being compared to CR7, because none came close.

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by obonujoker(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
ObaKlaz:
The only person that is just as great as Messi, if not greater, in the skills department among those names is Ronaldinho.

Ogbeni what skills does Messi has other than 1 dimensional dribbles (though very effective).??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2021 AFCON Moved From June To January Because Of Unfavorable Weather / Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! / Enyeama To Appear Before NFF Disciplinary Committee, Onazi Fined

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.