Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,120 members, 7,973,777 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:32 AM

CLOSED - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / CLOSED (741 Views)

Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? / thread closed / 18 Things Women Do Behind Closed Doors That Men Probably Don't Know About. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CLOSED by kemori: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2010
Decision taken
Re: CLOSED by afrobaby(f): 10:32am On Aug 10, 2010
Am actually short ot words, don't know what to say
Re: CLOSED by Pweety4me(f): 10:43am On Aug 10, 2010
So u didn't know all that b4 getting invovled with him?
Re: CLOSED by Onchedu(m): 10:45am On Aug 10, 2010
So lets say he struck gold somehow cos fortune smiles on him, Will his English still be a problem?

I understand what Ur saying o and I agree with u on every other point of concern except the grammatical insufficiency.

I also believe if some other man of better means wasn't weaving his way into Ur heart all these issues will not be so magnified.

Anyway, leave this dude since U've made strong cases against being with him and then hook up with some other guy. 6months isn't too much time to want to hold on, unless of course U've bonded with him more than some people do in a year and more.

Probably U've been sexually intimate with him. If that's true then it's easier to see why U would be indecisive now.
Re: CLOSED by minniepoe(f): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2010
@Kemori,

if you are not totally convinced that you can weather the storm with this guy, i think it is better you let go of him. You have complained about his financial status and control of english.
to the best of my knowledge though i may be worng, what spurs a couple into marriage is LOVE of which you didnt mention in your post. I hope i am not jumping into unnecessary conclusions here on your behalf, but from my view of things you dont love this guy.

If love is a missing factor in your repationship then let him go.
Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 10, 2010
kemori:

I want sincere and matured response please.
I am a 27 year old, beautiful, educated, intelligent lady. Am not trying to blow my trumpets but have to say dis to enable u understand what I wanna say
I am in a relationship with a 31 year old guy. I believe I love this guy, or lemme say I love him, we've been dating for 6 months now and so many things has been going on.
Firstly, though he is a gradutae, did a parttime programme in education but working as a system engineer in a small firm, he can't really speak good english. I get so scared when he wants to speak in the presence of my siblings, cos am sure, dia is a good chance of a possiblity of a grammatical blunder.
Secondly, where he is presently working nw, he is being paid #40,000 per month, which cannot cater for both of us if we eventually gets married. Even the salary is not stable.
Thirdly, I work in surulere while he works around airport road, he is presently staying with his parents in sango otta and then, about 3 months ago, he told me he wanted to get an apartment, considering the fact that we both work in central lagos so to speak, I told him it would be better to get an accommodation in main lagos, to my greatest surprise, he paid for a house in amadiya, that is after abule egba ,he didn't even bother to allow me see d house before he paid for the apartment, we had to paint the house and put so many things in place, and due to his financial inability, he is yet to move into the house.

Now my question is this, should I leave this guy and wait to start another relationship. I am not money conscious but am looking at the future, I have sent his CV to so many places and at times I just wonder how he will communicate with the interviewers because they usually call him for interviews. Do I want to live with a guy that I may not be proud of.

Married people can please advice me , cos we will be seeing today.
Thanks

Come on, why didn't you edit this before claiming intelligent and educated. A kettle calling a pot black! How do you even know he wanna marry you? Relationship doesn't mean marriage.And marriage isn't all about education and huge pay. You didn't even let out your own pay.
Re: CLOSED by LadyLocs(f): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2010
Do the guy a favour, leave him, you don't love him, he deserves better. Why are you all up in his purse? You said you make your own. It's his money for crying out loud and he can do with it what he wants. Grow up woman!
Re: CLOSED by femy2010(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2010
[b]Am not married but i think to an extent my advice can still be valid.
I am sure you noticed these blunder associated with his spoken English Language before you accepted to be his lady right?If he is open to correction you can always jokingly correct him and i am sure he would yeild to that.
Regarding his paying for an accommodation in Ahmadiya end of Lagos,do you not feel he is just being realistic by getting an accommodation he can afford and can readily afford to continually pay the rent?
Assuming he yields to your desire to rent an apartment in main Lagos under the understanding that you can always support him with the rent in our own little way and you now end up ditching him,what happens to him and the expensive apartment he would be left to pay for with what you term his meager salary?
You have done what is expected of a good lady which is sending his CV out and hoping for the best to dawn on him but you need to have faith and trust in him for things to make progress.
As bad as his spoken English might be,it does not mean he wont be who he is meant to be or he wont get to where he is meant to get to.
The choice is yours.
If you are ready to believe in him then stay and if you do not then leave and i am sure no one would would blame you.
Dating and pre-marriage relationship is least complicated than marriage so make up your mind today.
It's just an UN-married man view ooo.
[/b]
Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
KEMORI,
I was in a r/ship like that, but the guy was made.his english was too poor whenever he was to meet a friend or someone i would be nervous didnt wnt him shooting arrows.long and short of it is that i became ashamed of him whenever he opens his mouth and he was nt the quiet type.i have no advice to offer you will knw what to do eventually
Re: CLOSED by femy2010(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
andromida,
Were these features of not being a good speaker of the English language not pronounced from the outset?
Remember that it is better to say a NO to his proposition of a relationship than say yes to his proposition and later breaking his heart.
Guys too heart can be broken ooo.

Re: CLOSED by kemori: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2010
@Pweety4me , guess u just wanted to add to the number of posts uve made.
@Onchedu, He has taken me to his parents and he knows some of my siblings, that is what I mean by intimate.
@minniepoe, if u read thru my post, u will know I love the guy, but can wejust be realistic here, love is not the only factor to be considered when talking for marriage, if love is all that matters to make such decisions, why do married coouples still divorce?
@ferdiii, I know he wants to marry me becos he is already talking about it. u wanna know ow much I collect?lol
@femi, I appreciate your comment, as hard as it may sound, i really know what to do

@all, there is something I want everyone to understand, before responding to someone's post, always put urself in the person's shoe, assume u are the person, what will u do. Some ladies, when it comes to making comments, they talk as if they are saints, I bet u, they are worse, some ladies date more than one guy, some even go out with sugar daddies, but when they see some posts, they comment if they are the best.
I must really confess i love my guy and he knows that. i am talking from a personal experience.
Thank you all
Re: CLOSED by femy2010(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
Kemori,
I know God would make your decision not to be one you would regret and be sure the door of prosperity and good tiding would flow into you guys world.
Be expectant and tell him to be ready.
Best of luck.
Re: CLOSED by Tinksh(f): 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
Can you help him with his english? Would he be open to that. If you love him it will be worth it for both of you.
Re: CLOSED by fubiluv: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2010
I think you are making a good decision.
Be/cos the 2 things you mentioned are subject to change.
He can improve in his English by learning and by Gods grace he might get a good job.
Just keep teaching him and keep praying for him.God is still God.
Re: CLOSED by kindway: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2010
Well,
Men don't change. I don't think he will or want to improve on his english.
Good luck

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Propose To Your Wife? / What If You Found An Hotel Address And Condoms In Your Wife's Bag? / How Do You Qualify A Girl That Tell You How Much You Will Give her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.