Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,752 members, 7,952,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

2004 Honda Civic Green Keylight Flashing On Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Honda Civic Green Keylight Flashing On Dashboard (1388 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2004 Honda Civic Green Keylight Flashing On Dashboard by GreenArrow2: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
Hello. I have a problem with my Honda Civic 2004. While driving this night, the car abruptly came to a halt and turned off. I started it again and the green Keylight sign on the dash won't stop flashing. Car drives very slowly. D, D2 and D3 indicators won't show up when gear is engaged in respective modes (all others R, P and N, work fine).
Also, the throttle (RPM), Fuel and Temperature gauges stopped functioning once this problem started this evening.

Had the same issue 3 months ago and they said I had to replace the brain box which I did at high cost.
I've tried checking online for solutions but what I keep seeing is people complaining that theirs won't start while in my case, the car starts (although a slow speed).

I'll appreciate the help. Thanks.

Cc: Gazzuzz, Ipfreely, Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuz.z, honmusa, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo, timifakay, aieromon
Re: 2004 Honda Civic Green Keylight Flashing On Dashboard by fykes(m): 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
Ur security is faulty.
Normally when turn on ur ignition, that key light is supposed to flash and the car can only start after it stops flashing.
If u bought the car from someone... Have an electrician look at the security sensor. It's often below the steering. Or check the fuse.
It probably happens after u encounter a gallop.
It can shut down the engine abruptly. Take it to an electrician ASAP

1 Like

Re: 2004 Honda Civic Green Keylight Flashing On Dashboard by GreenArrow2: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2019
fykes:
Ur security is faulty.
Normally when turn on ur ignition, that key light is supposed to flash and the car can only start after it stops flashing.
If u bought the car from someone... Have an electrician look at the security sensor. It's often below the steering. Or check the fuse.
It probably happens after u encounter a gallop.
It can shut down the engine abruptly. Take it to an electrician ASAP

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what happened. After I hit that gallop, the stuff happened. So I don't have to buy a new brain box?

(1) (Reply)

2021 Mercedes-benz Gle 63 Amg, Gls 63 Amg Are Both Powered By V-8 Engine / Indian Motorist Squeezes Vehicle Into Extremely Tight Parking Spot With Ease / HONDA CRV 2003model Having Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.