Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? (1134 Views)

Why Are MTN Engineers Not Blocking Bis On Non BB Devices / How To Disconnect Whatsapp Without Deleting On Java Phones / Are Mtn/glo/celtel Engineers Really Quack? (2) (3) (4)

Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by binhozie(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
I dont understand it.
I use an mtn modem (huawei), and once it clocks 10pm on the dot, it disconnects
and embarks on a subsequent diconnection madness
I get frustrated and sleep.
Am i the only one affected? What is the cause? sad
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by soki2ng(m): 4:12am On Aug 10, 2010
called customer care bout same disconnecting problems at 10pm, no suitable explanation given, just apologies.
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by gozzilla(m): 4:25am On Aug 10, 2010
I noticed it too. And am not in Lagos. Maybe it is some technical issue, because it seemed better today (as at 1am).
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by aieromon(m): 6:29am On Aug 10, 2010
I've never experienced it.
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by BankoleO1: 7:39am On Aug 10, 2010
I do experience it but after like 7 attempts it stays connected, I think its another way to get rid of people online to reduce internet traffic to increase internet speed I might be wrong but thats how I feel. Thank GOD I dont subscribe to MTN at all, I wonder how people will feel after paying N10k for 24hrs and at 10pm is an issue to get connected. grin
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by puskin: 8:37am On Aug 10, 2010
Yep. . . . disconnects by 10pm and continues its madness till around 12midnite.
They deliberately do it so as to frustrate night browsers (10pm - 5am) grin grin
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by puskin: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2010
aieromon:

lol. . . cheesy cheesy U don't, cos U don't log in by 10pm. . . . U normally log in around 2am to do dat thing. grin grin grin
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by malikalhaj: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2010
wetin aieromon de do by 2am? hmmmmmm
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by Fadajasi(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2010
Wondering
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by Mobinga: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2010
MTN IS A VERY CUNNING NETWORK!!
Thats why I pull 8GB every week grin
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by aieromon(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
malikalhaj:

wetin aieromon de do by 2am? hmmmmmm

The same thing you do by 10pm cool

puskin:

lol. . . cheesy cheesy U don't, cos U don't log in by 10pm. . . . U normally log in around 2am to do dat thing. grin grin grin

You know the saying ''when the cat is away,the mice will play'',nah embarassed
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by WackyJ1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
Silly Network
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by goggs(m): 12:13am On Aug 11, 2010
I experience this so often. once its 10pm MTN goes bonkers, keeps disconnecting incessantly till 12 - 12.30 am, it gets steady. Only in naija will a network so steal from people!!!!!!!
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by aieromon(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2010
aieromon:

Yep,i did experience it last nite and it was awful.
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by malikalhaj: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2010
i guess u are no more an exception. . . . thank God i don't pay 4 nite plan
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by lynxnoon(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2010
me?!! i tink am the only 1 suffering frm dis dia new method of deception!! angry angry
IMAGIN!!! mine as from anytin close to 10pm till around say 4-5am, no matter how long i try to reconnect. . .
twseeew!!! no wahala. . . i've promised not to suscribe to dia bloody data plan till God knows wen. . . i'd rada suscribe to glo3g angry angry
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by lynxnoon(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2010
Mobinga:

MTN IS A VERY CUNNING NETWORK!!
Thats why I pull 8GB every week grin
hmmm lets see. . . ,
avg of 2GB per day. . . so dats like 14GB every week wink cool
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by otokx(m): 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2010
my neighbour experienced it yesterday and to think he just paid that 2k5 same day.
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by jaysay(m): 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
why are we so resilient in naija?
can we start protesting this stuff online here?

Can we do something collectively that will make them want to
listen to us?

Even if you unlock mtn modem, it'll never work with GLO,
@poster, you are not alone. they'll never tell you they did it so,
I'm sure it is intentional.

but, if you unlock a glo modem it will work with mtn and the other
gsm networks.

If you are thinking of buying a modem go for GLO. they have cheap tariffs
and their 500daily plan will give you 150mb as against 50mb that
the other networks will give you.

Glo rocks as long as you have the 3.5G covering at your end.
MTN may provide a better service, but the curn us alot. too much
wayo wayo.

Get glo modem and use it for mtn if you must or get a universal modem,
you can get it in ikeja or get it from me. (08023119038)
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by tobs(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2010
jaysay:

why are we so resilient in naija?
can we start protesting this stuff online here?

Can we do something collectively that will make them want to
listen to us?

Even if you unlock mtn modem, it'll never work with GLO,
@poster, you are not alone. they'll never tell you they did it so,
I'm sure it is intentional.

but, if you unlock a glo modem it will work with mtn and the other
gsm networks.

If you are thinking of buying a modem go for GLO. they have cheap tariffs
and their 500daily plan will give you 150mb as against 50mb that
the other networks will give you.

Glo rocks as long as you have the 3.5G covering at your end.
MTN may provide a better service, but the curn us alot. too much
wayo wayo.

Get glo modem and use it for mtn if you must or get a universal modem,
you can get it in ikeja or get it from me. (08023119038)

it that particular version of (huawei) modem that doesnt connect glo, i got MTN modem ZTE MF bla bla like that cant remember the model, it does connect glo and any other network, infact those version were nt locked atall, so its nt that its MTN that did it nt to connect glo, its either the firmware version, yeah GLO modem is the beast to buy for now, coz u can use all networks after unlocking it,

binhozie:

I dont understand it.
I use an mtn modem (huawei), and once it clocks 10pm on the dot, it disconnects
and embarks on a subsequent diconnection madness
I get frustrated and sleep.
Am i the only one affected? What is the cause? sad

its everywhere, na there yeye network jare, e dey fustrate me also, if e just start like that, i dey switch to my etisalat straight smiley
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by Mobinga: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2010
its very annoying. . . i'm looking for a way to make idm automatically dial the network. .
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by malikalhaj: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2010
idm does that automatically. . . i.e. if u r dloading at that tym
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by tunnex190: 12:12am On Aug 23, 2010
i did experience the same here, but it stops when it's exactly 12 a.m
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by lynxnoon(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
still experiencing the same thing for about a week now angry angry undecided
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by Slyr0x: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2010
Guess every1 experiences dis including myself nd its rily annoying dis happens everyday,

Nywaiz, most tyms, i edit the MTN-3G's settings and mark the 'Redial if disconnected' box, So this does it for me and kips redialing even when disconnected, buh for aw long am i gon continue doing dat??
Re: Are Mtn Modems Programmed To Disconnect By 10pm? by bhsadmin: 11:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Solution to mtn continual disconnection is now available. call bhsadmin 08052752735

Pls for those of you that will call me for the solution, pls do not post it on forums

"lets Talk Iphone Event" Today 4th October / Best Mobile Phone For The Visually Impaired! Urgent / Get Ready Infinix Zero Is Coming