Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,992 members, 7,890,248 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:39 AM

My New Fish Grilling Recipe.. It's Da Bomb! (new Recipe Alert) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My New Fish Grilling Recipe.. It's Da Bomb! (new Recipe Alert) (1589 Views)

After Working In My Groundnut Farm I Bought Fura Da Nono (cow Milk) #500 (video) / Eating This Combination Is How To Make A Nuclear Bomb (Picture) / Naira Pantry Grilling Service Available For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My New Fish Grilling Recipe.. It's Da Bomb! (new Recipe Alert) by biyiwyle(m): 8:16am On Jan 06, 2019
It is said in my culture that "what experience sees sitting, young ones cannot see even if they climb a tree". So recently, I have been following experienced chefs to their prospective events and I have learnt a lot.

The one that baffles me a lot was the fish grilling technique and marination my eyes was opened to by a culinary senior of mine.

What I do formally is to marinate my fish and grill. Simple. However, I was exposed to a simpler but very lovely method.

I will be using the Croaker fish as example.

In this method: there will be sauce preparation which is just pepper stew.

SAUCE

Ingredients:
* Habanero pepper

* Ginger

* Garlic

* Onions

* Red bell pepper (tatashe)

* Seasoning

* Salt

*Groundnut oil

Preparation: Put oil on fire, blend coarsely the pepper onions and spices or better still, pound them so it retains it's major flavour. When oil is hot, pour your pounded pepper, add your seasoning and salt and allow to fry until done.

Pack into a bowl and seal.

FISH PROCESSING

* The fish is prepared by de-scaling (removal of all the scales)

* Incision is made along the belly line (The coring process) and the intestines are removed.

* The fish is then washed and cored (This is when the surface of the fish is cut slightly to allow the spices used to penetrate. It aids marination)

After coring, the fish is then soaked in marinade or brushed with marinade which is usually a combination of ground dry red pepper, curry, dried ginger, oil, thyme, powdered onions, barbeque sauce, salt and seasonings.

* This is then covered in bowl and stored in fridge to marinate for about 4-5 hours... Sometimes for days.

GRILLING PROCESS

Now you have your pepper sauce and you have your marinated fish. Read all @

http://www.caterbakes.com/2018/09/my-new-fish-grilling-recipes.html?m=1

Re: My New Fish Grilling Recipe.. It's Da Bomb! (new Recipe Alert) by Mariangeles(f): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2019
Lovely recipe !

The one I had one time was too salty lipsrsealed
Re: My New Fish Grilling Recipe.. It's Da Bomb! (new Recipe Alert) by biyiwyle(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
About saltiness, what you should understand about grilling UNLIKE boiling is, however it taste when you are marinating or adding spice is what the end product will surely taste like... How do I mean: If you tasted the fish before grilling and it's oversalted... It will definitely be after grilling unlike boiling where you can add more water or the cooking process might balance the salt.

(1) (Reply)

Used Gas Cooker For Sale / My Amala People Oya Make We Talk... / Photo: NB Introduce Ace Roots Bitters: A Rivalry To Orijin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.