Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,258 members, 7,887,749 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:14 PM

Christians Should Study The Qur'an - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Study The Qur'an (298 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians Should Study The Qur'an by cocolacec(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
I believe that all people, especially Catholic Christians, should take the time to learn more about other faith traditions. St. Francis of Assisi provides a longstanding example and the Second Vatican Council's "Nostra Aetate" encourages dialogue with other religious traditions, especially Judaism and Islam. In an age when there is tremendous Islamophobia, fear of refugees, and the persistence of terrorist acts around the world, it is more important than ever to learn what our Muslim sisters and brothers actually believe rather than the lies and hatred so frequently mistaken for authentic Islam.

There is a new English translation and commentary available that provides rich resources, commentary, and introductory essays along these lines and I highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsXFQTI-xEk
Re: Christians Should Study The Qur'an by Shelumiel: 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
Lies
Re: Christians Should Study The Qur'an by tripplephi: 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
MUSLIMS SHOULD STUDY THEIR QURAN AND GET BORN AGAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJr8tcqvuMg

cocolacec:
I believe that all people, especially Catholic Christians, should take the time to learn more about other faith traditions. St. Francis of Assisi provides a longstanding example and the Second Vatican Council's "Nostra Aetate" encourages dialogue with other religious traditions, especially Judaism and Islam. In an age when there is tremendous Islamophobia, fear of refugees, and the persistence of terrorist acts around the world, it is more important than ever to learn what our Muslim sisters and brothers actually believe rather than the lies and hatred so frequently mistaken for authentic Islam.

There is a new English translation and commentary available that provides rich resources, commentary, and introductory essays along these lines and I highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsXFQTI-xEk

(1) (Reply)

Chinaza Favor, "All That Matters" A Beautiful Song / Sin Can Be Overcome / Where Are You Headed Right Now And After This Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.