Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm (11738 Views)

Christian Ihim: Gunmen Kill Imo APC Ward Chairman, Kidnap 5 APC Members / Gunmen Kidnap 5 Wedding Guests In Anambra / Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by QuotaSystem: 4:21am On Jan 07, 2019
deji17:

For where?

No lefelendum, no erection.
You want to dash Pa Nwabueze last hope?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by NovusHomo(m): 4:45am On Jan 07, 2019
deji17:
IPOB threatens to kidnap 5 southeast governors, Ebonyi governor raises alarm
By Nabob Ogbonna, Abakaliki

Date Jan 6, 2019

The governor of Ebonyi state, Engr. David Umahi, has raised alarm that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) threatened to kidnap five governors from Nigeria’s southeast region.

He raised the alarm on Sunday at Nwaegu Military Cantonment in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state during the official flag-off of Operation Egwu Eke III by the Nigerian Army 82 Division.

He said that the fresh threat from IPOB was received via text message sent to his wife.

He also said that his state was not part of the region which formed the sovereign States of Biafra as proclaimed by the IPOB.

Umahi, who is currently the chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, also insisted that some of the agitations of IPOB members were genuine except that their approach towards actualizing their objectives was bad.

“The GOC you are coming at a time we had note from our brothers and sisters of IPOB sending text messages that there will be no elections and insulting the leaders, particularly the south east governors.

“Just few days back, they sent text message to my wife that the 5 governors of south east would be kidnapped and that their security would over power that of the governors and after ransom are paid, they would kill them and kill themselves.

“As a leader in the zone I must say that some of their complaints are genuine but the approach is very bad, that is why the leaders of south east is not in support of their approach.

“And so, we are not against them but their approach. And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi also insisted that he would report some cult groups to Operation Egwu Eke III, owing to the fact that they breached their earlier agreement reached following the recent clashes recorded in the state.

He explained that the report of the cult clashed was made known to him through the state’s Commissioner of Police and the Director of State Security Services.

Speaking earlier, the General Officer Commanding 82 Division, Major General Abubakar Maikobi said the exercise for the first time would be conducted simultaneously across the nation.

Maikobi further assured residents in Ebonyi state and south east including other states under 82 Division of the readiness of Nigerian Army to be professional in the discharge of their duty during the exercise and thereafter, particularly be neutral in the forthcoming elections.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ipob-threatens-to-kidnap-5-southeast-governors-ebonyi-governor-raises-alarm.html

That would be nice.
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by able1993(m): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2019
I believe IPOB is expecting you people to fight for referendum or restructuring, which is the way forward for Nigeria, his current setup would never work. it only favours selected few over many others. Fight for your own people rather than your pockets.....

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:18am On Jan 07, 2019
See as old man dey disgrace himself for chicken change.

But why are Ndigbo leaders always prone to disgracing themselves for their own selfish interests and at the detriment of their tribe ?

Never seen a set of people ready to sell others to slavery for little change.

Ojo Maduekwe (now late) said "any Igbo man who wants to be President now is out of his mind" when Alex Ekwueme was contesting against OBJ. All because OBJ would give him a post.

See attached pix of how a Grandpa is behaving like a baby...

Igbos badly need a leader not a coward like Kanu who runs like Ojukwu.

I have volunteered myself being The King of All Igbos

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by youngkizo(m): 5:35am On Jan 07, 2019
God still rules in the affairs of men.
I strongly condemn with total sanctity the bozo (Dav Umahi ) scandarious utterances.
The ill concealment of politics & obnoxious modus operandi of SE governors is akin Esauic Evo Devo.
#Posterity shall justify the means
#God help Us �
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 07, 2019
Sorry to say this...but this game umahi is playing will turn on his head.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by ImperialYoruba: 6:17am On Jan 07, 2019
Donelli:
IPOB threatened to kidnap 5 SE governors and the governors did not receive the text but it was sent to your wife... Why

At least we can respect Lai Mohammed for being creative and mature with falsehood but this old man, is this the best you could come up with?
Shame! grin

SE govs are bloody cowards. They want also to declare state of emergency in SE but are using Ipob to justify it.
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by igwefivestar(m): 6:32am On Jan 07, 2019
EggSauce:
Biafra should be given to to the Igbo people please... Imagine Igbo man paying visa fee.... paying additional taxes as a foreigner to work in Nigeria....e.t.c ... One thing i know for sure Nigeria can do without Igbos but Igbos can't do without Nigeria
is like u need medical attention

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Oloripelebe: 6:33am On Jan 07, 2019
They are terrorists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Emmacolinho(m): 6:47am On Jan 07, 2019
meolaniyi:
Umahi my man. I love this Governor.
Biafra is dead on arrival. Join meaningful Nigerians to elect Buhari.

[s][/[s]s]Power will shift SE and Umeahi becomes president 2023
[/s]
When will you wake up naaa
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Neddyogu(m): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2019
Dis Umahi guy is funny. A slave to the Northerners.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Corrinthians(m): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2019
deji17:
“And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi

Hehehehe. No lefelendum, no erection.. grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin

The King Pig in far away Israel right now..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by IkpuMmadu: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2019
So if any random SMS comes and claim they are from IPOB you believe

Please define stupidity!
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by IkpuMmadu: 7:06am On Jan 07, 2019
Corrinthians:
grin grin

Yoruba man has spoken! Hear him out
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Corrinthians(m): 7:07am On Jan 07, 2019
mpianya39:
One of the errands boys to the Hausa-fulani angry
cheesy

Cownu is a cowardly pig. He knows the picture below would be his fate should he step his foot on Nigerian soil, that's why he stands afar while ordering his gullible piglets, whom he cherishes way less than his useless bingo, to die for him. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 7:08am On Jan 07, 2019
Corrinthians:
grin grin

Python 3 says Hello....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by oyebanji44: 7:11am On Jan 07, 2019
paparazzi1987:
they should just kidnap all the counsellors, Chairmans, Senators, politicsl appointees, ex political appointees, the president, Saraki, Sheu Sanni, Remo, Dino, the midget of Kaduna, etc....

Gather all this people bury them alive so that we can have peace in this country na undecided
Absolutely correct
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Yyeske(m): 7:17am On Jan 07, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Umahi, I thought you and your colleague governors have gone this road of manipulating the image of IPOB as criminals and terrorists before, but failed in the face of committee of nations?

This time, why do you think that telling people your wife received a message of threat of kidnap from IPOB would do the trick? I am not a member of IPOB given that I don't approve of some of Kalu's utterances toward other people even as I didn't like the manner with which he managed his presence before his followers while in Nigeria.

Having said that, there is no excuse for the cowardly Nigerian army to be in the SE. For what? The wildly held notion is that you are working for Buhari.

So using a fictitious text message to your wife as a pretext to welcome an army that are poised to intimidate AtikuObi voters, is a primitive and evil way of disenfranchising your own people. Terrible.

Just negodi!
How did you know that the text messages were fictitious or do use the same phone with his wife? If IPOB can threaten people who are to go vote with violence then they are capable of sending text too, empty threats anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by RevenGeMission: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2019
i want them to carry out the threat sef

sooner they do sooner FG can launch Operation DragonFire Dance
deji17:

You are ashamed to provide answers why Ebonyi Governor said this?

“And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi

No lefelendum, no erection..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by oluwaahmed: 7:47am On Jan 07, 2019
The problem with ndigbo is their leaders. What is the justification for python dance 3? There has been no protest by ipob recently, no communal clash, no crisis between farmers and herdsmen, yet you carry vital essential personnel needed in the losing battle against boko haram to a peaceful region. Something mobile police can handle. All just because the people of SE might atikulate. I am very sorry for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by princfred(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2019
Next level.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Donelli: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

SE govs are bloody cowards. They want also to declare state of emergency in SE but are using Ipob to justify it.

Isn't it ironic that the politicians know the truth, they fear the truth and they feed the populace with lies thereby using the willing ones as tools to fight the truth. Case study is the Amaechi saga.

We make jest of those who die or are incarcerated "fighting" for freedom but more die defending politicians just for hand outs, even more still from unfortunate repercussions...which of them is a wasted life. If we were a thinking people, we will step back and ask what these people are really afraid of, cos they (the politicians) are afraid I can assure you. One who is not afraid will be open to counter argument and will defend his/her ideology any day and at any time, but a fearful one will silence any objections will brute force.

The day of reckoning is closer than we think.

I stand with Referendum!
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by victorvezx(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2019
MarcC:

Look at this one? And u think once Igbo gets Biafra, NigerDelta would keep feeding Nigeria with oil? Oga have sense na! Is it the many uneducated Northerners that would rule? Who owns commerce in Nigeria? Business is wat makes economy grow,take it out and all would collapse
Hahaha, Owning multiple shops in Lagos does not mean u control commerce or the economy.
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Donelli: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2019
Yyeske:
Just negodi!
How did you know that the text messages were fictitious or do use the same phone with his wife? If IPOB can threaten people who are to go vote with violence then they are capable of sending text too, empty threats anyway.
He claims IPOB threatened to kidnap the SE governors but the text was sent to his wife... Does that really make sense?
If the credibility of Nigerian journalists is worth a ball of onions they should follow up and obtain that text and let forensic investigation be carried out to get the source, but No, the sentiments against IPOB have be whipped up and a weak justification for whatever killing will be carried out is being cooked.
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Ziggylady(f): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2019
deji17:

Umahi

Hehehehe. No lefelendum, no erection.. grin grin grin grin grin

Igbo and IPOB would kpai you soon,you Yorubas are so obsessed with IPOB matter it is now a full blown a mental illness

..just see how you and your siblings are prowling all over this space even at 1.am talikng crap..

Tufia!!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Donelli: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2019
victorvezx:

Hahaha, Owning multiple shops in Lagos does not mean u control commerce or the economy.
Lagos IGR is mainly from multiple taxes, even if the multiple shops do not control the economy, it contributes a large chunk. Pause a minute and picture a scenario where your bosses call a staff meeting to inform you all that your salaries will be slashed by half from next payslip...it will give you an idea of what Lagos will experience.
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2019
well as for me

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by victorvezx(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2019
Donelli:

Lagos IGR is mainly from multiple taxes, even if the multiple shops do not control the economy, it contributes a large chunk. Pause a minute and picture a scenario where your bosses call a staff meeting to inform you all that your salaries will be slashed by half from next payslip...it will give you an idea of what Lagos will experience.
Igbos don't control commerce or the economy. Ask urself, who owns most banks and industries in Lagos? Surely not igbos lol. Those are who pay the most tax.
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by MrCuteID(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2019
Are you a Federal Government or Lagos State Government Staff with IPPIS # or ORACLE #? and you need an urgent loan from (Minimum of:N 50,000 to Maximum :N 3,000,000.00 depending on your NET PAY ) at a very lowest interest rate 2.16% monthly in order to foot your obligations or to invest in a business?. For more details, please Inbox me privately or call 08024463908,08119219131
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by OgaBuhari: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2019
mpianya39:
One of the errands boys to the Hausa-fulani angry
there are supposed to be 5 governors representing south East.
Why Im I'm I seeing 6 in ur photo?
Whose the sixth one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria At 60: We Should Not Despair - Goodluck Jonathan / Security And Economy Have Collapsed Under Your Watch – Wike Tells APC Governors / How Nigerian, AU Officials Maltreated, Cheated Ebola Volunteers In Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.