Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,615 members, 7,911,600 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:58 PM

Surviving The Harmattan Season - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Surviving The Harmattan Season (816 Views)

Tips On Dressing For The Harmattan Season / How To Maintain And Enrich Your Skin This Harmattan Season / 10 Tips For Coping During The Harmattan Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surviving The Harmattan Season by adeabdul2(m): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2019
1. Colds

One of the most common feature of this season is the cold temperature which can bring catarrh, flu and colds.

Hopefully this homemade honey/lemon formula will prevent you from catching a cold.

Re: Surviving The Harmattan Season by adeabdul2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Essential Oils For Harmattan

Harmattan is here again.

The harshest weather in Nigeria.
Our skin tends to dry up and become whitish sometimes it even cracks open. Some people's lips become so dry that they start peeling. Even the hair too becomes more brittle and start splitting or breaking off.

So in this season, it is wise to use essential oils directly or add them to your haircare and skincare products to keep them effective at this time.

Oils are better for harmattan season because they don't dry up quickly. Here are some beneficial oils for you in this season.

1. Jojoba Oil for Skin
Jojoba is very similar to the oil that our skin produces. It is easily absorbed by the skin and it is wonderful for people with sensitive skin that's why it is used in the production of many products haircare and skincare products. So if your skin dries up rubbing jojoba oil is a very good idea or you can add it to your lotions or creams.

2. Castor Oil + Vitamin E for Hairs
Mixing castor oil and vitamin e together is very beneficial for your hair including eyelashes and eyebrows. Just add 3 vitamin e capsules to 30ml of castor oil and apply the mixture regularly to keep your hair moisturised and healthy.

3. Coconut/ Argan/ Tea tree Oil for cracked heels.
Another discomfort to harmattan is that the skin of our feet sometimes crack up at the heel making us look like we have beggers' feet.
To alleviate this when bathing use a soft scrub to wash off excess skin and afterwards apply any of the above named oils. Tea tree is antiseptic and is preferable if your feet tends to bleed in this season.

4. Sweet Almond/ Rose Geranium/ Lavender Oil for chapped lips.
If you're like me and your lips tend to crack open and become red in this season my advice is to... well use a lip balm. But some lip balms can cause more problems like itching so instead just apply on any of the above mentioned oils above for relief.

So there you have it; my skin care advice for harmattan season. I hope it helps. Also let me know if you have a special regiment that helps you in this season.

Be Healthy, Naturally!

Re: Surviving The Harmattan Season by adeabdul2(m): 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
The Oil For All Seasons

"Black Seeds cures all diseases except death." Prophet Mohammad.

Black seed oil benefits everyone, everyday,everytime and in every season especially the Harmattan season.

Some benefits of taking black seed oil in harmattan season are:.

1. Warming Effects: Black seed oil warms the body! Black seed oil is naturally a warming oil. So drinking it warms the throat, the stomach and the entire body which is very necessary in this cold season. So don't drink alcohol or smoke to keep warm. Drink black seed oil.

2. Prevents Coughing & Asthma
Drinking black seed oil removes the sand and dust particles that accumulates in the throat and lungs. And so it clears phlegm, prevents coughs and the asthma attacks which is particularly prevalent in this season.

3. Increases Blood Circulation in the Body
The cold temperature in harmattan prevents blood from circulating properly in the body. But drinking black seed oil or black seed tea will circulate the blood properly to the fingers, toes and the rest of the body that needs it.

4. Skin Protection.
Rubbing black seed oil on the body increases the skin's elasticity because it will lock in moisture and prevent it from drying quickly. It will also kills any germs or bacteria that might have gathered on the skin.

5. Hair Protection
Applying black seed oil to your hair stops the hair from graying, from falling off and increases its black colour. It also increases the hair's length.

How To Use:
For Hair and Skin: You may have to apply the black seed oil morning and night or more to get the desired result.

For Health Benefits: You can take a teaspoon of black seed oil or add a teaspoon of black seed powder to hot tea, with/without honey and drink.

So you don't have to drink alcohol or smoke to warm yourself. Just drink black seed oil.

Live Healthy, Naturally!

(1) (Reply)

What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro / EVVAGREEN Do It Yourself (D.I.Y.) Natural Herbal Remedies / Coronavirus: Nigerians Panic As FG Issues Red Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.