Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,780 members, 7,915,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:59 PM

Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar (3418 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now / Fashola Must Champion New National Standard For Urban Roads / Picture Update: Urban Roads In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
[size=28pt] Three new urban roads underway in Calabar  [/size]

The Cross River State government has concluded plans to construct three new urban roads to ease vehicular traffic in the Calabar metropolis

Governor Liyel Imoke who disclosed this when he received members of the Presbyterian Assembly led by its outgone Moderator, Rt. Rev. Ubon Usung said the technical designs for the proposed roads had been completed and that construction will commence soon.

According to him, the roads include Margaret Ekpo International Airport bypass road which would link the area to MCC Road, New Tinapa-Odukpani Road as well as Marina Road. He said when completed, the three link roads would drastically check the vehicular traffic menace which he noted was a sign of development resulting from the impact the government was having on the citizenry.

He said that the 2nd Calabar channelization work would commence as soon as the rains subside, adding that the channelization which is designed to take off from the Murtala Muhammed Highway has already been awarded.

On the fight against cultism which he noted is now overwhelming with devastating effect on children, Imoke maintained that government would not rest on its oars in ensuring that the scourge was totally eliminated at all levels in the state.

He cited an instance where a secondary school pupil lost his life when they went for a succession exercise of their cult group, maintaining that all the culprits who have been identified would be made to face the full weight of the law. Senator Imoke lauded the outgone moderator for his meritorious service throughout his stay in the Lord’s vineyard and urged him not to rest in contributing to the society. He assured the Church of his support at all times.

Earlier, Rt. Rev. Usung had said he was in Government House to inform the government of his disengagement, adding that as soon as the selection exercise was concluded, he would present his successor to state government for recognition.

He recalled the goodwill he enjoyed from the state government while serving and called on Senator Imoke to sustain the cordial relationship even after his exit. He prayed God to continue to strengthen him to deliver dividends of democracy which include free health programme, conditional cash transfer to poor and vulnerable families as well as other transformation programmes.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/9/503.html
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2010
great news. . .Cross river state is nigeria's most developed state (by %). with over 11 years of nigeria's best leaderships smiley
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2010
GAR3TH:

great news. . .Cross river state is nigeria's most developed state (by %). with over 11 years of nigeria's best leaderships smiley

Really. I thought it was "Lagos" undecided

How exactly has Calabar been "Nigeria's most developed state"? Factual proofs, please smiley
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by ezeagu(m): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
Could you make the title a little bit bigger please?
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

How exactly has Calabar been "Nigeria's most developed state"? Factual proofs, please smiley

You don dey learn small small . . . lol

I didn't even know Calabar roads suffered serious congestion levels.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
ezeagu:

Could you make the title a little bit bigger please?
It's possible, but I'm satisfied with this size.

lol @ kobo
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by ezeagu(m): 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It's possible, but I'm satisfied with this size.

I'm not satisfied, I need it Times Square sized. undecided
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
ezeagu:

I'm not satisfied, I need it Times Square sized. undecided
Cute! Personal issue grin
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2010
must everything i post turn into a debate?

Ileke-IdI:

What I said "Cross river state is nigeria's most developed state (by %)". Yes, lagos has more infrastructure etc, but I was talking by percentile. For its size and population cross rivers state is the most develop. wink  
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2010
GAR3TH:

must everything i post turn into a debate?

What I said "Cross river state is nigeria's most developed state (by %)". Yes, lagos has more infrastructure etc, but I was talking by percentile. For its size and population cross rivers state is the most develop. wink  
So size and population determines how developed a region is? India will beg to differ
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So size and population determines how developed a region is? India will beg to differ
What, pls dont even bother. your just trying to be like kobo. you know im right but you'll keep on posting and posting. SMH.

Yes, Calabar is the most develop state, ask any nigerian. Its Fact. the have the best governors and they have the best infrastructure considering there population.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
GAR3TH:

What, pls dont even bother. your just trying to be like kobo. you know im right but you'll keep on posting and posting. SMH.

Yes, Calabar is the most develop state, ask any nigerian. Its Fact. the have the best governors and they have the best infrastructure considering there population.

I'm not arguing with you, am just telling you to proof your statement.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
and how can i prove my statement. its not like an independent institute did a study of the most develope state of nigeria. point is from what I know and saw, and from what many nigerians said, Crossrivers is the most develope city.

Here are tons of pictures.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=693986

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=463908
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!  .  . . .  So, asking for FACTUAL PROOF is being like Kobo?  I am glad . . . That is actually a compliment!

Any tom, manliness and harry can make BOGUS and OUTLANDISH claims willy knilly, only solid poeple can actually back up their claims with facts. If you cannot support your claims with facts, at least be bold enough to admit you have none and you only made it up or something. Attacking the person asking you for proof does not help at all. I know the concept is sort of foreign to the typical mind out there, but it is a step forward when you can take control of your ability to make unsubstantiated claims.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
GAR3TH:

and how can i prove my statement. its not like an independent institute did a study of the most develope state of nigeria. point is from what I know and saw, and from what many nigerians said, Crossrivers is the most develope city.

Here are tons of pictures.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=693986

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=463908

Ok, got you now. Your first post was just your opinion lol ok.

Nice pictures tho
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
@Kobo
This is just silly challenge. look at what i post before.

@ Ileke-IdI

No Problem
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
@Garth, I am not the one asking you for proof . . . that you felt to inject my name in there caused me to explain why proofs are important and why when you make a statement the onus is on you to back it up with facts or concede that they are likely not based on facts that exist outside of your mind. That's it!
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by GAR3TH(m): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2010
I think you didnt read Ileke-IdI post b4 you wrote that
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke idi is not the one that brought KOBO into the discussion . . .  you compared her to me in the sense that she was asking you for proof . . . which by the way makes sense because you posted an ABSOLUTE statement earlier

Cross river state is nigeria's most developed state (by %). with over 11 years of nigeria's best leaderships

I am glad you have been able to wiggle your way around that at this point but she right asked for proof there because your own statement postulated that it was the case that Calabar was the most developed state in Nigeria.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by ThinkRait: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
GAR3TH:

IMO Calabar is the most livable city in Nigeria. Sane people, sane environment.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by ITbomb(m): 4:03am On Aug 11, 2010
I didnt know Calabar is a state. However if u are refering to cross river state, have venture a little outside calabar? U'll pass thru tick forest before you see the next village. Fyi calabar no reach size of Lagos mainland but cross river is a very massive state
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by SHEAU(m): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2010
Hehn-Hehn, and so what?
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by hackney(m): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Topic : it will be nice to hear that 3 roads have been built   for a change, rather than they
are underway

Also from observation of older posts, why is asking  for proof of development status yielding such strong reaction from
the claimant?

People want to pluck figures from their imaginations and it should be accepted without
questions.
[size=18pt]Up Naija! ! ![/size]
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2010
These politicians are all rogues
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by marcus1234: 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
I am still wondering how congested the roads in Calabar really are.
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am still wondering how congested the roads in Calabar really are.

@kobo, not sure about the roads, but I found some picz that might peak your interest.

http://www.akwaibomnewsonline.com/photos/calabar-itu-2009/

http://www.cercopan.org/Gallery/calabar.htm

http://www.fyinigeria.com/calabar

Calabar [b]is [/b]actually very nice!
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by blacksta(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Ileke

You are on fire grin you just dey open thread left right and center. Abeg keep it up

ko si we re grin
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
blacksta:

@Ileke
You are on fire grin

I've been told too many times, thanks for adding yourself to that statistics cheesy
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by dreaMaker: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2010
mumu people. Calabar is not a State, smh
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by blacksta(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I've been told too many times, thanks for adding yourself to that statistics cheesy

lol - Abeg dont add me to any stats - Goods wey i never buy grin
Re: Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2010
I have been to calabar on many occassions. Yes it is beautiful out there. Problem is I have never know there to be any big congestion issues on the roads. Matter of fact, like Lagos, I think it is all more bad road issues and more. I say people go out to places like NY city to learn what congestion really means. I would not advice anyone to own a car in that city. The roads are good but traffic is the real cause for congestion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opposition Lawmakers Want Obasanjo Punished For BPE Failures / Kogi Flood Victims Protest Diversion Of Relief Materials. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.