Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,466 members, 7,951,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” (993 Views)

Photos: Today's Trending Fashion Styles ; Ankara, Laces, Chiffon,silk Etc.w / Mercy Aigbe On The Cover Of House Of Maliq Magazine / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by MissyB1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
House of Silk was launched in late 2008 as a retailer of silk fabric and evolved into a fashion label using silk as the palette for their glam pieces. The label has evolved and now includes three lines namely Silk Glam,Native Retro and Saree Affair.

For Summer 2010, Jennifer Adighije of the House of Silk unveils the Sacred Collection aimed at giving summer a different taste of sunshine with Ethnic and Arab inspired pieces.

This collection is her attempt to add some funk to conventional African fabrics and Arab style. She draws inspiration from significant locations in the striking capital of United Arab Emirates; Abu Dhabi and also from the island flavour of Tenerife. The designs are made more captivating as she infuses traditional African prints to create garments reflective of the richness of both cultures.

We see illuminating drapes, floor length dresses that ignite fluidity in their flow, blacks, a touch of gold, which depict the customary shades of garments in the Arab regions.

I like that she displays diversity with a careful mix of different yet complementary fabrics. The lustrous one-shoulder maxi dress is definitely going in my wish list; It’s elegant, stylish and great for any function!

View the Sacred Collection below:

Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by MissyB1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2010
Lovely!!!
Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by iice(f): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
Must be the silk, but i like some of these dresses.
The arab theme, prolly why i like them.
Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by mamagee3(f): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
Missy B:

~Her outfit is so pretty~
Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by yme1(f): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2010
Missy B:

am really loving these
they look so pretty and simple kiss kiss i love the simplicity because that is what most of the style is about
Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by mamagee3(f): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
Missy B:

~This outfit looks amazing~
Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by browncocos(f): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
and how reasonable are the prices?

if u want to help out
lets have the general idea of how much these cost, the whole 9
i see shes doing fusion and la petite marche
now dats my girl
Re: House Of Silk Debuts “the Sacred Collection” by mafolayomi(f): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
am also interested please. how much do dey cost? where ar u located @? pls send d details to beambohus@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Call This??? / This Bra Is Smarter Than Your Man / What Wizkid Didn't Think Of.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.