Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,058 members, 7,887,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet (1913 Views)

A Nairalander's Roofing Project In Umuahia / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Wholesale Prices For Stone Coated Step-tiles Roofing Sheet From The Importer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet by superde: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
To all experienced Builders in the House,

I presently running a building project ( a standard 4 bed room bungalow with 2 sitting room, a study room and lundary) and the building is at its roofing stage. I'm currently at a crossed road on the type of roofing sheet to be used regarding roofing sheet to be used considering the cost and heat retention.

I know the commonest roofing sheets used by most people this days is the aluminimu but my experince in the current house i stay in has kind of discouraged me from the use of the aluminium given the amount of heat it absorbs during the day and later radiates at nights during the real hot season. Similarly, i do not have money for the cost of the Gerrald aluminium which does not abosorb heat.
Also, the Aebestos slates which does not absorb heat as aluminium (even though it looks cheap compared to aluminium) is out of it for me because of the long term health implications of the aebestoes.

Recently, somebody recommended Oduline roofing sheet to me that the material could actually meet my requirements of costs and heat retention. I have tried to look around most ongoing building projects and i realised that is not that common. I have only seen it in one or two house that have been completed in the past 3 or 2 years ago.

My question to experienced buiders in house who have used Oduline roofing material to advise me on the pros and cons of the material. Is it really cheaper compared to aluminium? Is it really durable? Other advices based on your experience of handling a roofing project will do.

Also just checking, is it not too much to spend about 1.2 Million naira on just wood works for roofing ( excluding roofing sheets materials) for a house described in paragrahp 1 of my mail above? This quote was based on a 10 feet massing to allowing for enough spacing between ceiling boards and the roofing sheets.

Please on all these.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet by superde: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2010
any advice from someone?
Re: Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet by superde: 8:20am On Aug 12, 2010
Contrubution from anyone?
Re: Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet by superde: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2010
An advice is stillneeded on this
Re: Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet by urproject: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2010
Would like to reply to the topic mentioned above.
onduline is a very good roofing product,it was used for my dad"s building and it has bin there for over 10 years.it is durable but the the only challenge is that you need qualified carpenters to help instal it.because if not well layed or stepped on it can store water and later start leaking,but i can guarantee you that its very durable.and also makes the house cool compared to other roofing sheets that radiate heat
makmegconstr@yahoo.com
Re: Advice On Oduline Roofing Sheet by osculate(m): 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2010
I think 1.2M is ridiculously high for the woodwork to roof a 4 bedroom bungalow. I just finished a 4bed room bungalow with 2 large sitting areas, a waiting room, bar, laundry with all the rooms ensuite and I paid about N520k in total for the woodwork including workmanship.

(1) (Reply)

Plots At Anchor Estate Omole Phase 2: Lagos State: / Get Your[new Year Bonus] Property In Ibadan / Informed Investment Decision 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.