Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:37 PM

Relate Your Election Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relate Your Election Experience (946 Views)

Probe How Amaechi, Tinubu Funded Your Election Campaign - Fayose Tells Buhari / We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark / Corruption: Probe Your Election Sponsors First, Fayose Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relate Your Election Experience by delvinmaya(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2007
I was in Akure the Ondo on Saturday, the day of the gubernatorial elections and can you believe i never got to vote. while waiting for my elder brother to join me so we could go to vote together, the polling booth in our street already had people there voting and everyone were voting for Mimiko when PDP thugs led by A man said to be the leader of Agbo ile, by name Katike came there and disrupted the proceedings, chasing everyone away and having his thugs thumb print the ballot papers and threatening to beat anyone who tried to stop them. Guys it was very painful watching them rig the elections. I cried for Nigeria.
So can you relate your own experience during the gubernatorial elections? Tell us how you feel towards the forthcoming Presidential Elections.
Re: Relate Your Election Experience by chet(m): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2007
Well, I live in Maryland, Lagos, and I had to vote at Wasimi. The process was smooth but for a little misunderstanding initially due to confusion on numbers on cards as to which voting point to queue. It was sorted out quickly and everyone had the opportunity to vote peacefully, atleast till the time I left. I wish the next would be thesame.
Re: Relate Your Election Experience by chet(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2007
I believe Lagos state has made a right decision by voting in Fashola.
Let's just hope and pray that he doesn't dissapoint us.

(1) (Reply)

15 Million Bucks For Ballot Papers? Who's The Fool? / Top 2 Headlines / Nigerians Tense On Eve Of Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.