Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,407 members, 7,901,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) (20595 Views)

Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai / Police Officer Shoots Man Dead In Ahoada Today (Graphic Photos) / Bribe-seeking Policeman Forced To Sit On The Ground After Being Arrested. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by judetov2(m): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
everytime accidental discharge....police kill pregnant woman accidental discharge....police kill driver accidental discharge....police kill Air Force officer accidental discharge.....na only Nigerian police dey use gun for this world?
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by thundafire: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
Nigerians and taking selfies of dead or injured persons
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
kponkedenge:
I've never seen a more criminally minded police force like the Nigerian Police
No words or statement that describe most of them than this. Infact, they are lisence day-armed robbers on our road under pretex of check point.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by iamvictorbassey: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
deepwater:

100 % correct, the dr license would be ceased if he attends to gunshot survivors without police report.
and hospital closed.

the idea is to avoid treatment to criminals that survive gun battles with the police, the mistake is that the government classify its citizens as criminals if u are not on uniform
What nonsense, what a stupid law. If you treat and call the police simultaneously, for handing over.
What difference does it make? Why do we reason stupidly? Nawa oo

I got to hear of this when a man survived a gunshot from armed robbers. This law is all shades of stupid.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Be honest can you marry your class meat or age meat?
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by fran6co(m): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
ItzBIM:

* their
ok
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Almunjid(m): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
remedick:
This is unacceptable na... why will a police office kill a fellow human cos of bribe... answer is POVERTY.

It's not poverty, it's greediness and selfishness.
The same police whose salaries has just been increased by the federal government, killing because of bribe.

I'm from kogi, I see these police men around Nataco in lokoja day and night, the only thing they do at Nataco check point is to collect money from drivers, I have seen them many times.

I hate police!
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by davillian(m): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
omoteacher:
shocked shocked shocked

What can stop this barbaric act ? Everytime accidental discharge. Naija tire person ooo.
Its just another lie nothing like accidental discharge on this matter.
He got furious and started shooting.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Mayor0001(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
What is more disheartening is, I heard if you're shot and you manage to get your self to a hospital or a health care facility, you'd be asked to go get a police report in that state.

Please someone confirm this for me is it true? If true, how bad. What happened to treating and arresting the suspect, saving the life then inquire what went wrong?

Please someone clarify before I dive into conclusion
Hmmm My Brother Its True Oh This Is Nigeria
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by akdeedee: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Kogi and bad news are like 5 and 6
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Dayoara: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
Sometimes the way and manner these people release bullet is like as if they are sick upstairs.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
Magichand:
On Tuesday, a police inspector identified as Mohammed Usman allegedly shot and wounded two drivers in Lokoja, Kogi State over alleged refusal to give bribe.

The incident was said to have occurred at the Ibro Motor Park, opposite the Lokoja International Market. Ibrahim Yakubu, the branch chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), said that trouble started when one of their drivers was stopped by a police team at a checkpoint in Zango area on the Lokoja-Okene highway and ordered to offer them a bribe.

According to him, the driver refused and continued on his journey towards Lokoja. He, however, added that the policemen chased after the driver to the Ibro Motor Park.

“We were just sitting at the park at about 11am, when we started hearing sporadic gunshots. The next thing, we saw one of our fellow drivers run to the union office. The next thing, we saw two policemen follow him. Our union officials addressed them and they left.

The driver said he left his vehicle by the roadside and when we went there, we met a police inspector inside the vehicle. We told him that we are taking the vehicle to the park and he followed us inside. On getting to the union office at the motor park, we told him that we had already settled the matter with the other two policemen.

Upon hearing that, he (Inspector Mohammed Usman) became furious and brought out his gun and first shot on the ground. As he continued his sporadic shooting, a bullet hit one of our drivers, Mohammed Attah, on the leg, while another driver, Emmanuel, was hit in the stomach.

Following the incident, the other policemen stationed outside drove into the park with their hilux bus, and quickly rescued the inspector and drove out.

We then went to B Division Police Station to report the matter and the DPO followed us with the victims to Federal Medical Centre and from there we went to the state police command, to report the matter. The CP has ordered that the policemen involved should be detained until the outcome of victims in the hospital.”

The spokesman of the Kogi State Police Command, William Aya, who confirmed the incident, explained that the policemen who were on stop-and-search operation stopped the driver, but that he refused, and as a result, they pursued him, on the suspicion that he might be carrying incriminating items.

He added that the driver got to a town near a motor park and abandoned his vehicle by the roadside and ran into the park. He said one of the policemen went after him, and that in the process, there was a misunderstanding which led to accidental discharge.

Aya said that the policemen involved have been detained, while the matter is being investigated by the State CID. He added that appropriate sanctions would be taken against those found wanting, at the close of investigation.

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/bribe-seeking-police-officer-shoots-tw o-drivers-in-kogi-state/

The police men should should be send to baga to fight book haram till out come of the investigation
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Hamid7(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Not surprised, he is a Muslim
He wouldn't have behaved differently if he were a non muslim
You wouldn't have commented differently if you were a muslim
Anger and violence dwells in all of mankind, some are able to suppress theirs.

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by islandmoon: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
This is my contribution to humanity and the development of Nairaland.

to those who are too lazy to read before commenting on post I have summarized the post for you and that is everything the post is saying below!

He added that the driver got to a town near a motor park and abandoned his vehicle by the roadside and ran into the park. He said one of the policemen went after him, and that in the process, there was a misunderstanding which led to accidental discharge.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by HELLASJ(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Aku2078:
Ama omayemi kpakpo cuma gwa akpa ogeyi todu ola okor, ojowa ki de efogale gwa GU mee o

My igala brethren in the house can relate to it better
AMEEN
AGBA OJO KI MA ADUWAWEH GBA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Rashaud: 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
Must you people be bringing Everytime?
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
daz why the way i drive i hate to apply brakes
no stopping
no waiting
no along
top speed only
so he just brought out gun athe park and started shooting even fter they explained it had been settled
why not matchet his hand with dagger wit machette

simple verdict.
behead the officer and flee
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by CptCharlesVane: 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
It was the case and I learnt they've repealed the directive but I doubt this has been effectively communicated to the healthcare officials. Nigeria is not a normal place, guy.
iamvictorbassey:
What is more disheartening is, I heard if you're shot and you manage to get your self to a hospital or a health care facility, you'd be asked to go get a police report in that state.

Please someone confirm this for me is it true? If true, how bad. What happened to treating and arresting the suspect, saving the life then inquire what went wrong?

Please someone clarify before I dive into conclusion

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by sapeleboi(m): 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
oga I was there , he mistakenly shot them and I suppose he will mistakenly go to jail boss

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2019
He shot two drivers.

Were they both driving (riding inside) one car, or there were two drivers of two different cars?
Who shoots first driver of a car, and then goes to another car and shoots the 2nd car's driver again.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Akowemoon(m): 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
Aku2078:
Ama omayemi kpakpo cuma gwa akpa ogeyi todu ola okor, ojowa ki de efogale gwa GU mee o

My igala brethren in the house can relate to it better
Ólà teyabe?...agba sir!
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Akowemoon(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
akdeedee:
Kogi and bad news are like 5 and 6
Ojì wé ya nné

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Make N50,000 Daily From Breaking Pipelines" – Welder (Photo) / Man Injured After Being Robbed By Armed Men In Army Uniforms In Owerri. Photos / 2 Nigeria Men Jailed For Swindling Victims Out Of £674,000 In Online Dating Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.