Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike (1383 Views)

Why We Won’t Beg ASUU Over Strike, Parents Reply Keyamo / Law Students Sue ASUU Over Strike, Demand ₦10 Billion Compensation / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by poyebad: 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oladimeji Ramon

The Obafemi Awolowo, Ile-Ife, has described as a lie the claim that the nationwide strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities had crippled academic and administrative activities in the institution.

The university noted that despite the strike, the institution, between December 11 and 14, 2018, successfully held its 43rd Convocation Ceremony for the 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 graduating sets.

Aside from that, OAU pointed out that even the various statutory meetings of the university did not suffer, while it also hosted several important conferences.

It urged its students not to panic, assuring them that the 2017/2018 Rain Semester examinations would hold as scheduled, despite the strike.

“No form of interruption, whatsoever, have academic activities including teaching, learning and research, suffered since the strike began,” the university said in a statement on Tuesday.

The school said it would not be held to ransom by less than 20 striking lecturers out of the over 1,300 academic staff population in the university.

Copyright PUNCH.

https://punchng.com/oau-slams-ASUU-over-strike/
Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by Raylight2(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
I wonder what UI is still waiting for

1 Like

Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2019
Raylight2:
I wonder what UI is still waiting for
Where the secretariat is located? You expect UI to pull out when uniben and others didn't?

1 Like

Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by whitebeard(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2019
grin lip service

Lecturer never enter class since the beginning of semester.. Una wan do exam, some dept are on shut down..!

It is that this man doesn't actually know, or he is playing dumb..!?
Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by Rednaxelot: 3:38am On Jan 10, 2019
I wish OAU was like this when I was a student.
Then, just as if OAU carried everything ASUU for head like gele.
Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by Raylight2(m): 7:08am On Jan 10, 2019
asuustrike1:

Where the secretariat is located? You expect UI to pull out when uniben and others didn't?
Secretariat? that's serious then
Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by projectreserve2: 7:53am On Jan 10, 2019
Download Free Research Project Topics & Materials Online.
Click on the link in my Signature to visit website Now!
Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by Randy100: 9:22am On Jan 10, 2019
ASUU should deny them every good thing that will come out of the strike.

1 Like

Re: OAU Slams ASUU Over Strike by jesmond3945: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
OAU are idiots why are you on session? What are you teaching students with outdated procedures? If not for ASUU would there even be any university? ASUU brought TETFUND to redeem the university system. The only thing governent does is to pay salaries, no development whatsoever. Even the salaries are peanut as compared to their counterparts in other climes.

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Expelled Unjustly, At Abti American Now Aun. / I Would Have Graduated Today If Not For SARS – Final Year Student Cries Out / 300-level OOU Student Declared Missing By Family Members (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.