Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,634 members, 7,905,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: (1082 Views)

Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. / AirAsiaQZ8501:flight Attendant Final Heartbreaking Note:i Love You From 38,000ft / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by oYaTo(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2010
How do you amass nearly 20,000 Facebook fans in less than a week? You could try being a flight attendant who got so fed up with his job and dealing with ornery passengers that he quit over the airplane’s PA system and then made a dramatic exit through the emergency chute. That’s how Steven Slater did it.

The JetBlue flight attendant - or should that be former JetBlue flight attendant - reportedly told a passenger who was attempting to remove his bags from the overhead locker to sit down. In the process he was hit in the head by the bag or the compartment door. He demanded an apology but was called a “motherf**ker” instead.

Slater, 38, reportedly went on the airplane’s PA system and said: “”To the passenger who just called me a motherf**ker, f*^k you. I’ve been in this business 28 years, and I’ve had it.” He then grabbed a beer and his bags, slid down the inflatable emergency exit chute, made his way across the tarmac and into the terminal building at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York and then drove home. He was later arrested at his home in Queens and charged with reckless endangerment and criminal mischief.

His outburst has generated quite a bit of support online. His Facebook page has 19,769 fans at the time of publication, with thousands more following various support pages such as Free Steven Slater, the Steven Slater Tribute Page, the I Support Steven Slater page and I Hate the Motherf**ker Who Called Steven Slater a Motherf**ker page. There are reportedly some people claiming to be collecting funds for his legal defense but this has not been confirmed by Slater himself.

A poll of Huffington Post readers has 45% of readers declaring that “Steven Slater is my hero!”, 40%  saying “he could have handled the situation better, but I can understand his frustration” and just 15% opting for “what he did was reprehensible on every level. He should be fired.” But you can’t be fired, when you’ve already quit, right?

http://www.allfacebook.com/steven-slater-fans-2010-08

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/08/steven-slater-ends-flight-attendant-career-in-hilarious-illegal/
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by omega25red(m): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2010
his fans on facebook are up to 80,000 now

that dude faces up to 7 years in jail and his 28 year career is over poor shmuk
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by manmustwac(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by tekajibril(m): 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
Steven Slater is my hero too. some passengers are just arseholes, I am one of his 190, 000 fans on facebook. and his bail is $2500. i'm sure he would be out in a couple days. He has a cult following already. so his career is just starting up!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by oYaTo(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2010
Heard on CNN that the dude wants his job back. . . shocked

He apparently misses the skies  cheesy

But he hasn't been fired, technically. . wink

tekajibril:

190, 000 fans on facebook

shocked

I'm sure one of the reasons he's so popular now is that at times, when your boss is giving you sh.it, you just want to look him in the eye and say "f&ck you. .you can take your f&ckin job and stuff it up your f&ckin aass". And he had the courage to do something similar. . cool
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by tekajibril(m): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2010
oYaTo:

I'm sure one of the reasons he's so popular now is that at times, when your boss is giving you sh.it, you just want to look him in the eye and say "f&ck you. .you can take your f&ckin job and stuff it up your f&ckin behind". And he had the courage to do something similar. . cool

WORD!!
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by princeonx: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
How is he 38yrs old and have been in the career for 28yrs? does that mean he started at 10? shocked why will anyone in their right mind chose to end such a long career that way? who cares anyway, he can have a million fans on yashbook but when the bills start coming, he'll be somewhere filling out a job application.
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by tekajibril(m): 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2010
prince_onx:

How is he 38yrs old and have been in the career for 28yrs? does that mean he started at 10? shocked why will anyone in their right mind chose to end such a long career that way? who cares anyway, he can have a million fans on yashbook but when the bills start coming, he'll be somewhere filling out a job application.

As long as i know America, he is prolly gonna get a $5 million contract to do a reality show. truss me!
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by shotster50(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
^^^^ So true.  He is simply going to  cash in  on his 5 seconds of fame.
Re: Flight Attendant Ends Career In Hilarious, Illegal Fashion: by princeonx: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2010
On a second thought, you're right! if such number of people had the time to get on their computer, millions will just flip a Chanel if he gets on TV.

(1) (Reply)

Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. / Americans Renouncing Their U.S. Citizenship Due To High Tax / U.K. Moves To Tighten Immigration Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.