Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,897 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:05 PM

Two Friends Swindle Trader Of N8.5m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Friends Swindle Trader Of N8.5m (265 Views)

Two Friends Poisoned To Death After Buying New Car In Rivers / 4 Men Gang-Rape Lady In Lagos, Swindle Her Of N3.2 Million / Fake Ogun Hindu Monk Defrauds Trader Of N167,000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Friends Swindle Trader Of N8.5m by HgsMediaPlus: 2:26am On Jan 11, 2019
Gist From HgsMediaPlus

For allegedly parading themselves as suppliers of iron scrap barges and swindling a trader , Martins Anagor , of N 8. 5 m , two friends have been arraigned before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court .

The duo of Emmanuel Odunze and Clement Anyanwu were arraigned on three counts of obtaining under false pretences and stealing .
It was gathered that the two friends approached Anagor under the pretext that they could supply him iron scrap worth N 18 m .

It was learnt that the duo succeeded in collecting N8 . 5m from the trader but refused to supply the said scraps .

Anagor said a post - dated cheque of N 6. 5 m was issued to him for a refund, which was dishonoured on presentation at the bank , adding that subsequent attempts at retrieving his money from the suspects resulted in threats to his life.

He stated , “ The two of them came to meet me under the pretext that I should provide about N 18 m to run an iron scrap business . After the completion of the business , they refused to pay back the actual money I invested in the business , which was about N 8. 5 m. They both collected the money and ran away and all efforts made to trace them proved abortive .

“ They extended their criminal act by issuing me a post - dated cheque and when I presented the cheque at the bank , the cheque was returned . I called to notify them and I started receiving series of threat messages from both Odunze and Anyanwu .”

The police prosecutor, Michael Unah, said the offences contravened sections 411, 314 and 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2015.

Full Story: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/two-friends-swindle-trader-of-n85m.html?m=1

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Two Friends Swindle Trader Of N8.5m by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:34am On Jan 11, 2019
Investigate and send them to jail ASAP.

Crime doesn't pay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Hit-and-run Driver Kills Four Friends Returning From Carnival / Aggrieved Customers Drag IKEDC Manager To A God / Man, 45, Arrested For Raping Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.