Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,869 members, 7,895,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

The Deteriorating Students Welfare In Federal University Otuoke - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Deteriorating Students Welfare In Federal University Otuoke (501 Views)

Video: Female Student Goes Naked To Protest Poor Students Welfare / Federal University, Otuoke Hostels Flooded, Python Killed (Video) / Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Deteriorating Students Welfare In Federal University Otuoke by fuocampusgist(m): 3:22am On Jan 12, 2019

The deteriorating state of students welfare in Federal University Otuoke is too alarming for a Federal University that is still very much young. This post is aimed at highlighting some of the challenges students face not only in the school but also within the immediate school environment. Now we have to look into some internal issues within our school community, which has been a thing of concern to majority of students.

Let me start from the issue of the exorbitant house rent in otuoke community.
I’m very sure most of the students living off campus are aware of the unacceptable yet exorbitant house rents being paid by students. Now we can’t continue to live in that situation, it’s very important to address this issue with utmost attention because we the students will continue to bear the consequences.

Now in most federal universities, sufficient accommodation is provided for students till graduation but it’s a different case here in Otuoke. Here, the hostel built is meant for only 100level students who are forced to leave the hostels after the session. The hostels are not even enough to accommodate the 100level students and yet nothing is being done about the students welfare.

What is wrong with building more hostels to accommodate the ever increasing school population?
The landlords are busy building substandard houses for students and yet hike the rents. I appeal to school authority, for the sake of students welfare to please look into this issue because students are seemingly helpless and the landlords are capitalizing on the helplessness of students in this aspect.

Secondly I will also like to delve into the condition of our hostels and lecture rooms. The hostel environment in Federal University Otuoke is not a site to behold. For God’s sake FUOTUOKE is a federal university and not a mechanic work shop. The case of no proper school gate (gosh! so painful), construction materials littered all over the East Campus, inadequate buildings and facilities...Read on here https://www.fuocampusgist.com/blog/2019/01/students-welfare-in-federal-university-otuoke-deteriorating.html#.XDlOkFxKjIV
Re: The Deteriorating Students Welfare In Federal University Otuoke by otokx(m): 7:39am On Jan 12, 2019
The brown color of otuoke water amazes me.
Re: The Deteriorating Students Welfare In Federal University Otuoke by fuocampusgist(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
hahahahahaha that's a sign of rich iron ore but just as it is in every part of Nigeria, those minerals are not being harnessed.

(1) (Reply)

An I.T Student Seeks Advice / LAUTECH 100 - 500L Free CBT Practice / which Nigerian university does PDG fast and seamlessly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.