Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,507 members, 7,944,482 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

Choosing The Right Career: A Guide To Sought After Roles In Today's Workplace. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing The Right Career: A Guide To Sought After Roles In Today's Workplace. (319 Views)

Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / Most Sought After Job In Canada; Forklift Operator! / An Investment Banking Career: A Thread for Questions, Advice & Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choosing The Right Career: A Guide To Sought After Roles In Today's Workplace. by RemeD: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gone are the days when every kid's academic aspirations is to become a doctor, lawyer or engineer. Even the parents are not exempt from this dream. Parents wanted to be called mama lawyer or papa doctor.
*sigh* all of these Ill directed aspirations have made so many talent go to waste.
With the rise in entertainment, sports, internet, information technology, telecommunications, mobile money, artificial intelligence, robotics etc. The old ambitions or aspirations no longer hold so much that even parents now allow their kids play football all day without stopping them or even getting their toddler gadgets just so they get used to its operations early enough and develop in that direction as the world has indeed gone digital.

At every opportunity I get, I like to advice the young ones who have found themselves in courses that may not be relevant in the nearest future on paths to take so as to be relevant and fit in in today's workplace environment.

I like to discuss topics like:

- E-commerce
- Customer Experience
- Marketing (online/digital) and Optimization
- Supply Chain Management
- Product Management
- User Experience
- Human Resource Management
- Web developer (coding)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Robotics

From research, these roles are what is currently sought after and will continue to be in the nearest future.

My advice to students caught up in ASUU strike, fresh grads, Corp members is to get educated in these lines regardless of their current course of study.

You can get educated by either taking a course (there are FREE courses out there) or working it out (either in paid employment or as a volunteer) and rising through the ranks.

If you don't feel too comfortable sharing knowledge or asking questions in a public domain, I'll still like to hear your thoughts on the topic.

We can converse via WhatsApp @ +2348180150007

Also, don't hesitate to add to the list above...

Cheers to our success.

(1) (Reply)

A Petroleum Engineering Degree Still Sought After? / Professional Courses Online / Foreign Currencies In Nigeria | How To Open A Domiciliary Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.