Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,674 members, 7,951,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:41 AM

“I Don’t Want To Be My Father,” Fela’s Son, Femi, Tells Critic - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Don’t Want To Be My Father,” Fela’s Son, Femi, Tells Critic (9444 Views)

Fela Allows Me To Drive And Smoke At Age 12 - Fela's Son Femi Kuti Reveals / Adebayo Salami With Son Femi In Skit Video.sho Mo Age Mi Ni. / Fathia Balogun Reportedly Dating Iya Rainbow’s Son, Femi Philips [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be My Father,” Fela’s Son, Femi, Tells Critic by YoungLionken(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
my2019mind:

It is because of people like you that he find it hard to keep his mouth shut, because you won't keep your own mouth shut. You are the one having the problem of misinterpreting what he said. He simply told you that he is not his father, what can be more right than that. His father is Fela, he is Femi, they were both created for different times and for different purposes. He has tried the best that he can for his father's legacy by keeping the shrine going and promoting Afro beat to the world in his own capabilities. Most of Femi's songs are actually aimed at the ills in the system, just like his father's. What more do you want from him. He is not his father, that does not rubbish Fela, that simply means they both have different purposes in life, allow Femi to pursue his own purpose and stop over burdening him. You have no right what so ever to insult him by calling him incompetent, he is someone's father as well.

You sound like an educated person, so I expect you to be more enlightened on issues like this.

Femi could have replied with "I tried but couldn't, learnt alot from him though, anyway we shall get there" and there are also a thousand ways to be polite and humble as regards to his father. As far as I'm concerned, Femi didn't do well with such statement regarding baba Fela, his own dad. Period!
I'm more than enlightened on various issues. The fact that I disagreed with your perspective doesn't mean I'm not...
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be My Father,” Fela’s Son, Femi, Tells Critic by Greizman: 12:17am On Jan 17, 2019
YoungLionken:

Femi could have replied with "I tried but couldn't, learnt alot from him though, anyway we shall get there" and there are also a thousand ways to be polite and humble as regards to his father. As far as I'm concerned, Femi didn't do well with such statement regarding baba Fela, his own dad. Period!
I'm more than enlightened on various issues. The fact that I disagreed with your perspective doesn't mean I'm not...
You made no sense and you will still not not make any sense if you keep spewing rubbish.
Do you even listen to his songs?
Go listen to his songs then come back to comment.
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be My Father,” Fela’s Son, Femi, Tells Critic by YoungLionken(m): 6:51am On Jan 17, 2019
Greizman:

You made no sense and you will still not not make any sense if you keep spewing rubbish.
Do you even listen to his songs?
Go listen to his songs then come back to comment.

You're a fool! I have some of his songs on my fone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Richest Musicians In Nigeria #2019 (photos) / Is Talented Musician, Prince Okoro Bobo Dead? / Celebrity Rev. Sister Who Danced With Student Shares More Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.