Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,138 members, 7,880,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:22 PM

Presidency: Bandits Attack In Sokoto, Evil, Thoughtless, And Condemnable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Bandits Attack In Sokoto, Evil, Thoughtless, And Condemnable (188 Views)

2023 Presidency: Bandits Will Run If They Hear My Name - Wike / Hundreds Of Persons Displaced By Bandits Attack In Sokoto / Alleged Robbery In Dubai By Nigerians, Condemnable – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Presidency: Bandits Attack In Sokoto, Evil, Thoughtless, And Condemnable by chieyine(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2019
@Naija Politico

The latest attack by bandits in Sokoto State has been described by President Muhammadu Buhari as “utterly evil, callous, reckless, thoughtless and reprehensible”
The attack which occurred in the Bandi District of Rabàh Local Government, reports says had claimed the lives of no fewer than 30 person’s.

The Senior Special Assistant to the the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, on Tuesday, in Abuja, said that the President was shocked and saddened by the latest violence now prevailing in the state.

He went further to say that it is highly unaceptable for murderous thugs to threaten or kill innocent and defenceless villagers.

President Buhari also stated thus; “My administration is leaving no stone unturned to track down these mass murderers and bring them to justice,’’

In order that the country be rid off senseless killings and criminal activities, President Buhari issued a firm instruction to the new acting AIG, Abubakar Adamu that he quickly puts on operation a joint operation of the force.

In an attempt to cleanse the forest of criminal elements, he approved meetings between security and defence officials of Nigeria and Niger Republic.

My administration “remains undiminished and efforts are being made to improve intelligence gathering and rapid emergency response strategies.” In the above words the President assured the people of Sokoto and it’s environs that his administration is committed to the security of lives and properties

“Let me reassure the people of Sokoto State and other parts of the country facing security challenges that no citizen will be abandoned to their fate.

“Security occupies the centre stage of my administration’s policies, and this commitment is being pursued with more vigour as we make efforts to provide more equipment to our security personnel to enable them perform the task effectively.’’ he further reassured.

The President reassured the people of Sokoto and consoled the families of the victims saying that “criminals won’t be allowed to hold the citizens to ransom and that poverty is no excuse for any group to take up arms against innocent people and kill them in cold blood.”

President Buhari made an emergency call to all other tires of government that they ensure the active participation and moblization of all citizens to assist security personnel with the knowledge that security is the business of all.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/bandits-attacks-shock-buhari-naija-politico-nan/

(1) (Reply)

Cjn Onnoghen: Nigerians Must Fight Corruption At Any Level - Bmo / Next Level / SPECIAL FEATURES: Looking At 2018 Through The Eyes Of Others (The Next Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.