Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo (29733 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Buhari Wasn’t Cloned But Dead - Nnamdi Kanu Replies Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by darqly(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
Why are we not surprised? I'm of the opinion that PMB is not aware he's the president, probably thinks he's one SA or junior minister grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by fortunechy(m): 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
Expired pastor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by goodnessjohn44(m): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2019
This is total childish. See as foreigners are laughing at us. I dey cry.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by galaxy2020(m): 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
When Ameachi said the man doesn't read, you guys thought he was joking. He is only good at watching Hausa movies. CHIKENA! ANALOG PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by AndyAmi92: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
if he is not aware of what happen in Abj, then what is our expectation of the masses in their state. That is a lie from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by BabaAduras: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
eagleeye2:
Is this guy ever aware of anything?

Should he be monitoring and interfering in the activities of institutions that executing their lawful duties?
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by Balenciagabrain: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
People wey dey here dey rant don't have PVC o.

It is easier to join 10years challenge n show ur over bleached body rotten banana looking body than to join show ur PVC challenge.

Ndiara@werey.com
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by maxzzo1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
This small man should respect himself o....
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by OROSENIWO: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
Shikini:
Lol, na today?
The man is never aware of anything. ...

Shameless lying pastor and his useless president

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by orisa37: 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
Crocodile tears. He had about 48 hours between Saturday and Monday to stop this unnecessary trial.
The Executive has no Constitutional Authority to approach either the Judiciary or the Legislature for any business without The President knowing.
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by ivieeseosa: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please, also help to ask him if he is aware he has almost finish stealing nigerians pension contribution...

I am sure he would say he is not aware.
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by ogatboy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
onatisi:
when we told you people in 2015 that buhari knows nothing many thought we were just been partisan . the only thing he knows and does is just to sign any paper tabled infront of him

Hahahaha. Even the Atikus and Sowores have nothing to offer
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by onatisi(m): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
buhari's case is worse .
it seems many dont really know buhari .
we told nigerians then that this man will sink the whole ship, tinubu and co that brought him know exactly why they brought him and supported him out of all the other well intelligent brilliant northerners . zombie can even think at times and make decision , buharis case is worse , he follows exactly to the letter what his handlers tell him to so and that is very dangerous for the nation as a whole . i pray he wins , then you will see after 2 years how ppl will be treking out of nigeria on foot to neighboring countries when the hard times lands
ogatboy:

Hahahaha. Even the Atikus and Sowores have nothing to offer
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by Kennydoc(m): 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
OceanmorganTrix:
President Muhammadu Buhari only got to know about the trial of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Saturday, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated.

He also expressed sadness over the trial of the National President of Nigerian Bar Association, Paul Usoro (SAN).

The PUNCH reported that while the CJ had been scheduled to face trial at the CCT over the non-declaration of assets, Usoro is standing trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on account of payments received from Akwa Ibom governor for job done.

The Federal Government has, meanwhile, ordered the discontinuation of Onnoghen’s arraignment.

While absolving Buhari of pre-arranging the trial of Onnoghen for non declaration of assets, Osinbajo said Buhari never had any fact of financial misdemeanor involving the CJN until Saturday evening.

He expressed regrets that the CJN had to go through the process. He, however, said Buhari had issued specific instructions that anti-graft institutions should be allowed to do their jobs without any interference.

The Vice President made these clarifications in Abuja on Wednesday during a one-day conference organised by Online Publishers Association of Nigeria, with the theme: “Free Press and objective reporting in the 2019 election year.”

He said, “I must tell you in clear terms that, for President Muhammadu Buhari, his whole approach is that institutions should just do their work.

“I can tell you for a fact that he did not even know about this (CJN trial) until Saturday evening. I don’t feel good about it that senior members of my profession are being tried.

“He did not even know that there was going to be any kind of trial until Saturday evening.

“He had said categorically, ‘Don’t interfere with whatever institutions are doing.’

Sometimes, it has consequences such as we have today, such that people say, ‘How can such an important person be subjected to trial without the Federal Government?’

“But I can tell you without any equivocation that he (Buhari) was not aware.”

https://punchng.com/buhari-wasnt-aware-of-onnoghens-trial-until-saturday-says-osinbajo/

I hope people like Passingshot, Sarrki and other BMC guys that were hailing the arraignment of Onnoghen can now cover their faces in shame. Those who call you guys zombies know better.
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by onatisi(m): 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
ask buhari any sensible tangible question and he will tell you he hasnt been briefed or direct you to someone else , then you begin to wonder if he even knows why he is the president or where he is .
when goodluck said that buhari doesnt know or remember his personal phone number , ppl thought it was out of bitterness . give him a phone and tell him to press his number , buhari will fumble or pass the phone to someone else. wettin concern me , good luck to nigerians if they decide to vote for him again grin
ivieeseosa:
Please, also help to ask him if he is aware he has almost finish stealing nigerians pension contribution...

I am sure he would say he is not aware.
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by iyfydidier(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
How will he be aware when he doesn't read or listen to anyone....Lifeless one indeed sad
No
OceanmorganTrix:
President Muhammadu Buhari only got to know about the trial of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Saturday, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated.

He also expressed sadness over the trial of the National President of Nigerian Bar Association, Paul Usoro (SAN).

The PUNCH reported that while the CJ had been scheduled to face trial at the CCT over the non-declaration of assets, Usoro is standing trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on account of payments received from Akwa Ibom governor for job done.

The Federal Government has, meanwhile, ordered the discontinuation of Onnoghen’s arraignment.

While absolving Buhari of pre-arranging the trial of Onnoghen for non declaration of assets, Osinbajo said Buhari never had any fact of financial misdemeanor involving the CJN until Saturday evening.

He expressed regrets that the CJN had to go through the process. He, however, said Buhari had issued specific instructions that anti-graft institutions should be allowed to do their jobs without any interference.

The Vice President made these clarifications in Abuja on Wednesday during a one-day conference organised by Online Publishers Association of Nigeria, with the theme: “Free Press and objective reporting in the 2019 election year.”

He said, “I must tell you in clear terms that, for President Muhammadu Buhari, his whole approach is that institutions should just do their work.

“I can tell you for a fact that he did not even know about this (CJN trial) until Saturday evening. I don’t feel good about it that senior members of my profession are being tried.

“He did not even know that there was going to be any kind of trial until Saturday evening.

“He had said categorically, ‘Don’t interfere with whatever institutions are doing.’

Sometimes, it has consequences such as we have today, such that people say, ‘How can such an important person be subjected to trial without the Federal Government?’

https://punchng.com/buhari-wasnt-aware-of-onnoghens-trial-until-saturday-says-osinbajo/
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by aiikman(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
Story Story.....
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by Nattyzee(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
is buhari aware dat osinbajo is his vice president
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
OceanmorganTrix:

cc lzaa velocity25 imperialyoruba sarrki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by onatisi(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
a president that goes into office and the first thing he reads in the dailies are the cartoons is not even fit to lead a local government not to talk of a nation

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/the-cartoon-loving-president/

https://www.legit.ng/945793-dont-kill-buhari-with-laughter-reno-omorki-slams-president-buhari-photos.html

iyfydidier:
How will he be aware when he doesn't read or listen to anyone....Lifeless one indeed sad
No
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by cedeki(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
our VP is become rotten per seconds> Man Of God why the lies na
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
Ameachi is right, he doesn't read, he is not aware of anything. That is not an excuse, is a statement of failure.
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by cedeki(m): 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
Our VP is becoming rotten with Lies per seconds, Man of God why the many Lies, where has thou Believe gone
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by truthfulparrot(m): 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
The fanatical supporters of APC and PMB who always based their comments on sentiments should hide their faces in shame. If this is not enough to convinced them that PMB is no longer in charge, then their case in irredeemable.

It is possible that some aides of the president are also deliberately sabotaging him.

Check my posts, I predicted that the FGN with tactically withdraw from this case and follow due process as what they did was a great blunder.

PMB will regain the respect of some of us if he can flush out all the bad elements in his government, review all appointments to reflects federal character devoid of ethnicity and religion and ensure a free and fair election..

Cc Madridguy
CilicMarin
GravelSlam
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by LZAA: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
immhotep:

cc lzaa velocity25 imperialyoruba sarrki
BMC zombies just want to worship the kaliphate
Sarrki knows
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
News : BOKO HARAM BOYS ENTER LAGOS STATE AND KILLED EVERYBODY IN LAGOS STATE
Buhari reply oooo i am not aaafare
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
LZAA:

BMC zombies just want to worship the kaliphate
Especially rexwalters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by mightyhazell: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
Shikini:
Lol, na today?
The man is never aware of anything. ...

Shameless lying pastor and his useless president
badman you are cool
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by erimmy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
tesppidd:
Here the VP just told us that the presidency does not want to interfere with the works of the Police, the EFCC, the ICPC, the CCT, etc and people here are still asking;

*why was he not aware?
*is he aware of anything?
*who is in charge?

Dumb people,; in a sane society institutions do not need to take permission from the C in C to do their jobs.
The problem with Buhari is that he is trying to run a country of abnormal people in a normal way.
I think that you are the dumb person here. If he doesn't interfere with what the institutions are doing, why is he asking the cct to discontinue the trial. Isn't that interference?
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by LZAA: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
immhotep:

Especially rexwalters
a chronic zombie
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo by snowblaq(f): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
And they said Jonathan was clueless??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Press Release On Invasion Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor's House In Anambra / Lauretta Onochie: Criminalising Fulani Herdsmen Is Fishing For Trouble / Drone Shots Of Senator Dino Melaye Governorship Campaign In Okene, Kogi Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.