Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:11 AM

Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. (1304 Views)

Post Your Xmas Wish Here . . . / My Mothers Ugly Wish / My Wish To Every Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by divines(m): 10:18am On Aug 13, 2010
Re:

Am 28, a businessman & a part time student. I hope to get married in 2yrs, but unfortunately, contrary to my wish to marry a graduate my yet-to-be wife is a school cert holder.

She is brainy, as a result of that, she behave and speaks like a graduate. (Which am quite comfortable with)

According to her, come next year she expect to start making arrangement towards furthering her education (as she must wait for her older sister to graduate as a result of inadequate financial resources of their parents)

Please fellas, Should I wait quit the relationship, wait for her to finish her studies, marry her when she is half way in the school, or marry her and let her also pass thru part time studies.

She posses the qualities I look forward to in a wife (I haven't proposed as I want to be sure)

Please I will appreciate a full and properly analysed advice.

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by breathless(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2010
She Is Contrary To your Wish? That`s why they see "if wishes were horse, men abi na beggers will ride". Brov, I thot ur worries had to do with her personality as someone u cant present. If it u`re worried abt her Educational status, i suggest u shouldn`t be cos u acknowledged the fact that finance is a constrain, otherwise u sef 4 no dey do biz n part-time same time. Besides she`s desirious of furthering her education. If from wat u`ve said, nobody will know she`s not a graduate if u dont say it. So quiet mouth on dat level. I suggest u put a plan in place n not just hurrying 2 get married becos marriage is demanding. marrying her n she goin 2 sch part-time will be 2 much of pressure (home n sch). Except she tells u she can cope.
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by marcus1234: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by softgirl1: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2010
if u have a good income u can tell her to start the plans of the admision and suport her for the one yr before her parient can take ova nxt yr after all u will still take her as ur wife and when she is about 3hundred level u guys can get married it depends on how much u lv her or u wait for her parient time and marry her half way. good luck
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2010
Sorry to say this but really? really? did someone post this? you are an eediot
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by divines(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2010
jennykadry:

Sorry to say this but really? really? did someone post this? you are an eediot

Please how do u mean?
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by divines(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2010
chaircover:

Please don't marry her. Let her find someone who will accept her with all her inadequacies. There are many graduates around so pls find someone who befits your status of a graduate.

I would appreciate if you do some explanations pls.
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by Spyker: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2010
I understand how you feel but i want you to know that marriage is a life time decision. Educational qualifications can be achieve within a short while , maximum of 10 years if she wants to do PHD. But marriage is a continuous education that you continue to study until death. If this girl soothes and certifies all the qualities you need in a wife and does not have a degree yet intends to further her education, i will advise you to marry her and support her education. You should put your happiness above everyother persons happiness and your decision should be tailored towards your happiness.

Remember, marriage is a life time educational institution which no one has ever graduated from. Every day comes with its own course.
A girl with the best qualification does not mean she will make a good wife. Think before you act.

Marry her and plan your life together. In a short while, you will be glad u did.
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by jenny9: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2010
a school cert holder should be less than 20 yrs old, please leave her alone and let her actualize her dreams of being what she want in life.

what makes you think she will say yes?
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by divines(m): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2010
Yea, Am very glad, thank you everybody, time for me to think.
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by invisible2(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
If you want a graduate, go for a graduate and if you want to marry a half graduate its your choice, but don't marry one and turn and post'I made a mistake' here for us to see.

1 Like

Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by Outstrip(f): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
You don't deserve her. She is most certainly better without you. For someone to say she has all the attributes he wants but she is not educated enough shows that you cannot be satisfied and will possibly make her life a living hell. If you are special why don't you find a wife that is already educated and successful in her career. I bet you will not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by benjijosh(m): 3:50am On Nov 02, 2023
“Contrary to your wish”? Lol

You already said she has plans to go to school. When the 2years come, and she's willing to marry your silly ass, ask her to be your wife. Simple
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by VTJN(m): 4:57am On Nov 02, 2023
divines:

Please how do u mean?
Support her education. Don't wait for her sister to finish having realised that finance is a constraint. Why are you in school at this your age running your first degree on part time if finances hasn't been a constraint for you too? Let her get in with your support biko. I won't advise her running a part time though.
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Nov 02, 2023
divines:
Re:Am 28, a businessman & a part time student. I hope to get married in 2yrs, but unfortunately, contrary to my wish to marry a graduate my yet-to-be wife is a school cert holder.She is brainy, as a result of that, she behave and speaks like a graduate. (Which am quite comfortable with)
According to her, come next year she expect to start making arrangement towards furthering her education (as she must wait for her older sister to graduate as a result of inadequate financial resources of their parents)
Please fellas, Should I wait quit the relationship, wait for her to finish her studies, marry her when she is half way in the school, or marry her and let her also pass thru part time studies. She posses the qualities I look forward to in a wife (I haven't proposed as I want to be sure) Please I will appreciate a full and properly analysed advice. Thank you in anticipation
For those in situations similar to that expressed by the OP, what happens if circumstances arise that keep her from being able to complete this college program before your patience runs out or you happen upon another gal who happens to be a graduate? I would rather you please set the lady free so she does not end up wasting her life trying to meet up to your standard. You folks should really stop going around dating women who don't already dot all the i's and cross the t's you need abeg. It is pure wickedness. undecided

1 Like

Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by HugeElephant(f): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2023
No go do mumu and spend your money on her education o. When she gets to school she'll get a man better than you.

If she doesn't tick all the boxes don't lower your standards. If she was in your shoes, she wouldn't lower her standards for you.
Uneducated or less-educated women are always a burden to the educated men.
Let her look for an uneducated man to be with
Re: Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:05am On Nov 02, 2023
divines:
Re:

Am 28, a businessman & a part time student. I hope to get married in 2yrs, but unfortunately, contrary to my wish to marry a graduate my yet-to-be wife is a school cert holder.

She is brainy, as a result of that, she behave and speaks like a graduate. (Which am quite comfortable with)

Please fellas, Should I wait quit the relationship, wait for her to finish her studies, marry her when she is half way in the school, or marry her and let her also pass thru part time studies.

She posses the qualities I look forward to in a wife (I haven't proposed as I want to be sure)

Please I will appreciate a full and properly analysed advice.

Thank you in anticipation.

Being educated doesnt mean you are educated in everything in life, it simply means you are educated in your study of field and not everything in life

Education or should i say learning is a continuios process of life it doent stop. Most women who are our mothers today (any mother of 45 years and above man ) most mothers of these men were never educated but raised their kids and family well without formal education or any higher education

So education only doesnt mean success its combination of lots of things, you can be educated but ignorant no employer will keep you long

(1) (Reply)

This Is Serious! / How Does God Show Or Did God Show You A Sign On Who To Marry? / Shocker!! Mother Place New Born Baby For Sale On Olx For N68,000!! {photos}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.