Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,635 members, 7,951,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

I Will Privatise NNPC, Even If They Kill Me – Atiku Dares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Privatise NNPC, Even If They Kill Me – Atiku Dares (343 Views)

Supreme Court: Nigerians Are The Bigger Losers, Not Me – Atiku / Atiku: NNPC Is A Mafia Organisation… I Will Privatise It Even If They’ll Kill Me / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Will Privatise NNPC, Even If They Kill Me – Atiku Dares by TheMainone: 3:42am On Jan 17, 2019
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of PDP, has made clear again that he would privatise the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) even if it cost him his life.

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate made the vow again on Wednesday while addressing the business community in Lagos.

Brushing aside the controversy generated when he first made the promise, he repeated: “I am committed to privatising NNPC, I said it.”

“I swear, even if they are going to kill me, I will do it,” he said.

Atiku also said that his emergence in power would lead to prosperity.

“I am also not going to enrich members of my family but my friends.

“Are my friends not entitled to be enriched? As long as there is no element of corruption there.”

The plan to privatise the state oil company and sell the four refineries had earlier been criticised by stakeholders and financial experts, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Financial Derivatives Company, Mr. Bismarck Rewane.

Rewane had asked the candidate to tell Nigerians who he wanted to sell the NNPC to and how he intends to go about it.

“I agree that the NNPC should be privatised, but selling to who?”

“You must not just say you are going to sell, you must tell us how, and to who? he questioned.

“Tell us who and who, and how you are going to ensure that it is not sold to your own cronies.

“One of the big risks of privatisation is the Russian model, where you have chronic capitalism.

“If you have businessmen, who are in government like Donald Trump, you want to make sure that both the government and the people are protected from conflicts of interest.”

Established in 1977, the NNPC is the oil corporation through which the federal government regulates and participates in the country’s petroleum industry.

Source:
http://www.insiderpostonline.com/news/i-will-privatise-nnpc-even-if-they-kill-me-atiku-dares/

Re: I Will Privatise NNPC, Even If They Kill Me – Atiku Dares by natznext(m): 3:52am On Jan 17, 2019
Sounds ready for the Job
Re: I Will Privatise NNPC, Even If They Kill Me – Atiku Dares by Shawnnn01: 5:33am On Jan 17, 2019
Pls who did he say he will privatize it to ?
I watched the programs & Atiku clearly stated he will sell NNPC to his friends and queried if his friend does not deserve to be rich

Now imagine a self declared thief already telling us he will sell NNPC to his friend with some set of subhuman wanting us to elect this common criminal ? If you add the fact that his VP is a two faced lying kickback taking bigot then we can all assume Nigeria is finished if they get near power.
Re: I Will Privatise NNPC, Even If They Kill Me – Atiku Dares by Mynd44: 5:44am On Jan 17, 2019

(1)

Nigeria’s Future Not In Retired Generals’ Hands — Oshiomhole / Buhari To Commission N6bn Baro River Port / Political ,truth Or Dare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.