Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,856 members, 7,952,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fear (311 Views)

The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian / Muhammad Fear Of Judgment Day / Why Do Christians Fear Atheists So Much ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear by pressplay411(m): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
Title: FEAR

Key Definitions:
Fear: A strong, uncontrollable, unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger or threat.
-Terrified veneration or reverence, particularly towards God, gods, or sovereigns

Songs:
Tremble- Mosaic MSC
No Longer Slaves- Jonathan David
Oceans- Hillsong Worship

Key Verses:
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10

Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1 Peter 2:17

The Message
There are two kinds of fear;
Godly fear and worldly fear.
Worldly fear is the product of false beliefs. It results in unbelief and doubt in God. It results in lack of faith in God.
What you fear is a reflection of what you have heard or seen or what you think and which has formed your belief and conviction. It is a product of the senses.
Most of our fears (if not all) are false. Most of our fears are unreal. We only make them real because we believe them.
Some of us have even created self-customized fears and phobias. Some examples are fear of the future, fear of unknown, fear of failure, fear of success, fear of height, fear of embarrassment, fear of falling, fear of attention, fear of crowd, fear of people, fear of settling down, fear of darkness, fear of light, fear of food, fear of clowns, fear of animals, fear of heart break, fear of loneliness, fear of marriage, fear of children, fear of growing old, fear of death, etc.

Once you substitute the fear of God for anything else, and you let in worldly fears, there's no limit to how much fears you keep creating for yourself.

F- False
E- Evidence
A- Appearing
R- Real

Only one fear is key. Only one fear is real. Only one fear is admissible and permissible by God. Only one fear conquers all.
And that is the fear of God Himself.
When you have the fear of God, you begin to value and hold Him, His Word and His Presence in high esteem.
When you have the Fear of God, Everything He says through his Word becomes the only thing that is REAL to you. When you have the Fear of God, congratulations, you have true Wisdom.

May God produce in us His reverence as we truly know Him more and Love Him for Who He Is. For His Power, His Might and His Majesty. For His Mercy, His Love and Grace.
The fear of God extenuates, extinguishes and consumes every other fear that holds man in bondage.
The Holy Spirit whom we have received does this inside us.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

Not expressing worldly fear is an expression of Faith in God.
Fear is inevitable, it is just like every other emotion. It has its advantages when properly harnessed and directed to whom it is due.
Fear is like a force of resistance, without which there can be no controlled intelligent motion. Fear is like gravity, without which there can be no flight.
Fear is only good enough to help us turn and cling on to God and rest in Him. That is what produces Godly fear- the Knowledge that the Salvation power and Majesty of God is above all, no matter the situation. Until you eventually get to the point of trusting God beyond everything, even in the face of death.

Hence, do not dwell or meditate on worldly things that cause you to fear.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Rather Meditate on the things of God, His wonderful works, His promises, His precepts, His statutes, His Goodness, His Love and the Good things about and around us. This assures you of the capacity of God to overcome all your challenges. This puts you in a worship and thanksgiving mood causing an inexpressible Joy and Peace of Mind inside you.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9

Worldly fear is the opposite and antithesis of Faith in God.
As such, fear comes and permeates the mind the same way faith comes.
How does faith come?
By constantly and perpetually hearing the Word of God. Romans 10:17
Hence, fear comes by perpetually hearing the words of the devil via the world viz, superstitions, toxic conversations, miseducation, profane contents from movies, news, music social media, etc
What you expose yourself to and spend more time listening to or watching determines what you fear.

Pay more attention to God, to truly experience more of Him, to believe Him with conviction and truly fear Him more.

A fearful life cannot is a dangerous bondage. A fearful life is a faithless life.
A life without faith limits and grounds one from fulfilling purpose.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6

Let us meditate on what the Word of God says about the Fear of God, what it produces in us and how expedient and priceless it truly is.

“But where can wisdom be found?
And where is the place of understanding?
Man does not know its value,
Nor is it found in the land of the living.
The deep says, ‘It is not in me’;
And the sea says, ‘It is not with me.’
It cannot be purchased for gold,
Nor can silver be weighed for its price.
It cannot be valued in the gold of Ophir,
In precious onyx or sapphire.
Neither gold nor crystal can equal it,
Nor can it be exchanged for jewelry of fine gold.
No mention shall be made of coral or quartz,
For the price of wisdom is above rubies.
The topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal it,
Nor can it be valued in pure gold.

“From where then does wisdom come?
And where is the place of understanding?
It is hidden from the eyes of all living,
And concealed from the birds of the air.
Destructionand Death say,
‘We have heard a report about it with our ears.’
God understands its way,
And He knows its place.
For He looks to the ends of the earth,
And sees under the whole heavens,
To establish a weight for the wind,
And apportion the waters by measure.
When He made a law for the rain,
And a path for the thunderbolt,
Then He saw wisdom and declared it;
He prepared it, indeed, He searched it out.
And to man He said,
‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
And to depart from evil is understanding.'"
Job 28:12-28

Declaration:
Heavenly father I cast all my fears and burdens unto you. I know you are bigger than all my worries, all my cares, all my fears. I choose today your Wisdom even as I choose today and always to Fear You, Obey You and Love You with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind and with all my strength in Jesus name.
Amen.

Closing Verses:
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

1 Like

Re: Fear by pressplay411(m): 5:16am On Jan 18, 2019
When I lost faith in God and drifted away, I stopped fearing God, which was easy. And I also stopped fearing the devilI, which was a bit more difficult.
I realized my vast knowledge and self professed wisdom became less productive.
And my external was OK but my internal was dying.
I had to resort to drinking and immoralities to stay sane.
I also realised my knowledge and wisdom made me cocky, proud and argumentative. This certainly pissed people off.

However when I came to realize that only God gave true wisdom, I suddenly grew an awe of Him.
And when I experience the rebirth in Christ, and He delivered me of my habits and other fears of the unknown, I developed a major fear and awe of Him.
That strengthened my conviction and faith in Christ and it humbled me. This produced access to the deep things of God.

I may not be completely fearless yet, but my faith in God has drowned most of my fears. Now people and even I can't believe my calm in the midst of stormy situations.
Truly the fear of God is primary to everything in life.
Re: Fear by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
Brother,
Makes me also think about the following verse:
Psalm 56:3 "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee" [thee=The Lord]
This is seriously such a wonderfully inspired and beautifully written post! Sorry if I'm too excited... embarassed
The two different types of fear...very well explained.
I am very encouraged by this...

1 Like

Re: Fear by pressplay411(m): 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Mobilia:
Brother,
Makes me also think about the following verse:
Psalm 56:3 "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee" [thee=The Lord]
This is seriously such a wonderfully inspired and beautifully written post! Sorry if I'm too excited... embarassed
The two different types of fear...very well explained.
I am very encouraged by this...

Don't worry, I already know how things of God excites you.lol
Thanks a lot Mobila.
More Grace to us all.

1 Like

Re: Fear by pressplay411(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
We don't fight fear with motivational speeches and quotable quotes.
We don't fight fear by denial and not acknowledging it.
We don't fight fear by running from it.
We don't fight fear by distractions that become addictions.

We fight fear with the Word of God.
Know always, what God says about your situation.
Have a scripture to strengthen your faith.
Keep praying till you know it is done.

With patience and faith, our hope and rest is assured.
Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our Faith.
God Most High, the Possessor of Heaven and Earth.
Holy Spirit our Comforter and Helper.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Life: The Life That Is In Christ. / Christianity Treats Women With The Utmost Respect / Resurrection Pastor Sets Record, Claims Cameraman Was Not The Resurrected Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.