Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

The Basic Foundation Of Every Relationship (marriage) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Basic Foundation Of Every Relationship (marriage) (310 Views)

Must Every Relationship Leads To Sex? / I Have A Serious Issue that Could Affect My Relationship / Marriage / The 4 Different Types Of Men In Every Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Basic Foundation Of Every Relationship (marriage) by McQueen95: 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
Relationship is a beautiful thing that every one of us want to going into, as young as teenage stage of life for almost all of us we wish to be in a relationship with either an opposite sex in our schools or where we live.
Basically, it is good to have that kind of interested but it is not really proper of any body younger than 18 years to go into a relationship. I am aware that majority of teenagers today are already in a relationship or the other. I just strongly believe that is not proper.
Aside from who is or is not surppose be in a relationship there are some basics of relationship that will help relationship last and help marriage last also. Divorce is a normal thing now in our society with all form of intangible reasons for the divorce. I heard a couple say that they love themselves but they just need to divorce and they can't remain in the relationship.
Divorce has now become a way of life in this current age that almost every one that got married within 5 years of marriage they are already separated and are on their way to divorce each other.
after observing this trend I took note of this and watched out for relationships that lead to marriages and marriages that has survive the storm of divorce and are counting 20-25 years in marriage to see the difference.
I will like to use a building as my instrument of explanation. before a building is can be erected it needs foundation; the content of foundation includes sand, granites, cement, and water. Now after the foundation is layed the blocks are layed on the foundation and the building is errected, the build goes up pass the windows to the lintage and the roof is casted and the windows and door frames are fused and the house is almost ready to be lived in.
Now, in the same manner a relationship and marriage is built on a foundation that includes LOVE, KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM AND GOD.
LOVE = SAND, KNOWLEDGE = GRANITE, WISDOM = CEMENT AND GOD = WATER.
Well, you might be surprise with what i have stated but it is what it is and i will explain.

LOVE = SAND
Love just like sand is necesary for building but can not only hold a building. Love is needed in every relationship, is accepted but love does not garantee that you will remain in that relationship or your marriage will last. At the initial stage of relationship, love will be so essesive that if you do not see or talk to your partner in an hour you might feel you will die in the next minute but as time goes and you move with your partner you will notice that the kind of affection you had for your partner has declined and you no longer love the person that much as the initial stage. And as it goes by you might loose interest. In another view, an individual might still love but any little anger or misunderstanding might make you want opt-out. Similer to sand if gather sand together it might remain as you have but as soon as a wind comes it can blow it away, if rain comes or flood it takes it away. the same love is. Therefore, love is not sufficent for a lasting relationship or marriage.

KNOWLEDGE = GRANITE
Knowledge is Power. As we all know that granite is difficult to get if you have to get it from it source, the quarry ativities to be done to get it is tidous; like-wise knowledge. Knowledge is very difficult to acquire because you have to make use of your cognition, that is, it is a mental action or process.
When i am talking about knowledege i am not talking about know what relationship is or knowing who your patner is. What I mean by knowledge is knowing yourself. Self knowledge is more important than any other knowledge than any other knowledge you want to acquire in life. For example, my mother and I was having a conversation one day and she mentioned that as a little child growing-up she noticed that i always do not play with child of my age bracket that are rough in the play ground, that i will ragher play with girls because they are gentle and if there is any boy that is gentle also i will play with him too. She further stated that, when playing ball with my friend and they start fighting I usually leave immediately. That piece of information made me to know who I am and the kind of people i can be friends with, not because I want to choose friends but because that is who I am. In an attempt to go againt this knowledge and making friends with people that are out of this specifications I always fall in some mess and touble with that friend. Also in relating with people everyone needs anger management skill if you do not acquire the appropriate knowledge you might lose it and it still has to do with self-knowledge. Therefore, Self knowledge is key to how you relate with people and how you will behave in a relationship.

WISDOM = CEMENT.
Wisdom is profitable to direct. Like Cement is very improtant to a foundation.Wisdom is the application of Knowledge acquired. Knowledge is useless if it not applicable to any aspect of life. For instance, after learning about your tempramnet and your anger threshold you need to know how to apply it to your day to day life that helps to seal every thing.

GOD = WATER
I know you will be thinkg, why will you equate God with water is this guy okay why not granite that comes from a solid rock? Well this it, Water in the mixture of a foundation is very important; if sand, granite and cement is mixed together and water is not added there is now way the mixture can not solidify and form a background for lasting build. water is the main componet that holds everything together, it is the activator that activate the features of the sand, granite and cement all together. God is the activator of our life. like the way he activated man by breathing in his nostrils and gave life to it. God gives life to everything. he decide what lives and what dies. God is the source of Love, Knowledge and Wisdom. He holds everything together.
Re: The Basic Foundation Of Every Relationship (marriage) by InfernoNig: 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
Good. But I believe communication should be no1. It's the bedrock of any relationship.
Re: The Basic Foundation Of Every Relationship (marriage) by Christty(f): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2019
Marriage is not a bed of roses all through.Whether you like it or not you will face challenges in your marriage. The way you handle it make the difference and determine the success of your marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Basic Foundation Of Every Relationship (marriage) by Christty(f): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
Marriage is not a bed of roses all through.Whether you like it or not you will face challenges in your marriage. The way you handle it make the difference and determine the success of your marriage.

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day: Nigeria Guy That Surprise His Girlfriend With 30M Worth Of Car / Divine Timing / Visit The Most Reliable Platform For Asian Women Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.